What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

That’s what I thought but he assured me it was a nice runner so for £40 I took a chance.It runs really nice and smooth.

I checked the wheels and there s absoloutely no pitting or wear that’s obvious,of course he could have put new wheels on but it runs lovely👍😀

sent you a short video buddy👍😀

roadstar_na6

It's so old HS doesn't even list a release date 😄 Going from an entry on Toyoyasu-San's blog I'd say it's around 25 years old.

• Haha 1

Looked really smooth on that video 👍

Crazy. I think this was produced about 20 years ago. The entry on spurweite-n is from 2002.

Edited by disturbman

Don't be like that, jealousy doesn't fit you.

@gavino200forum doesn't allow to attach video files. Paul sent it via email for a private viewing. Maybe we should summon @Martijn Meertsto see if video files could be added to the list of accepted files.

Edited by disturbman
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

What? The video is a private screening just for D'man?? C'mon, link it here! Let's see this baby move!!

I ve sent you your own private video mate👍👍😂😂😉😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
10 minutes ago, Pauljag900 said:

I ve sent you your own private video mate👍👍😂😂😉😉

Fanks mate. I'll work on my jealousy issues. Maybe I'll pick up a self-help book on my way home! 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, gavino200 said:

Fanks mate. I'll work on my jealousy issues. Maybe I'll pick up a self-help book on my way home! 

So does the loco get a thumbs up? 😂😂👍

Martijn Meerts

Videos get really big really fast, and start using a ton of bandwidth. It would be very much possible to allow video attachments, but to keep cost down we might have to limit their size quite a bit.

There’s always the option of uploading the video to YouTube and linking to there of course, but if that’s not an option for some reason we could have a look at allowing video attachments.

• Like 1
roadstar_na6
41 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

It's a bit of a pain

If you keep it as a privately shared video you really don't need to add any information, not even an actual title or anything afaik.

4 minutes ago, roadstar_na6 said:

If you keep it as a privately shared video you really don't need to add any information, not even an actual title or anything afaik.

Yep, that's what I do. I actually can't complain about the process. Really it's relatively pain free. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Yep, that's what I do. I actually can't complain about the process. Really it's relatively pain free. 

It is not as simple as an attachment when composing, but with modern equipment, YouTube has made it pretty easy to do.  Once done you can them add the link to your post.

• Like 2
Just now, chadbag said:

It is not as simple as an attachment when composing, but with modern equipment, YouTube has made it pretty easy to do.  Once done you can them add the link to your post.

Given that I do almost the same thing with my photos using imgur, I really shouldn't complain. So I'll just stop. No more complaining. I promise!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Video files get so big so fast now with cell phones shooting 4K. As martijn said serving videos can really bog down the server and it’s bandwidth as it’s not optimized for video delivery.

jeff

• Like 2

I know this wouldn't be easy, but if JNSF had a YouTube account and an upload of the video to the forum would auto-upload to YouTube and then paste the resulting link in the post -- the forum not keeping the video for any longer than it took to upload.  (Maybe the forum software could upload to YouTube directly from the poster's computer or phone).

Anyway, wishful thinking.

To be honest if I was uploading a video to the forum the YouTube link is what I d normally use,I only tried it this way as d’man asked how it ran and I had a 90sec video on my pad.

That's most likely the date that listing was added to Amazon.

It's from what I would term the prior design epoch of Tomix loco models, which had less detailing (i.e. no separate front-end grab handles or uncoupling bars) and no or little cab interior detailing (cab interior is black or grey, with little or no empty space). Possibly spring worm drive. Those models always have 2xxx catalogue numbers (but not all 2xxx cataolgue numbers are from that "design epoch").

The current Tomix ED62 model is 9115, the website indicates it was introduced in 2011.

My 1991 Tomix catalogue doesn't list 2137; I'd guess it was introduced sometime after 1991, possibly in the early 2000s.

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cheers Squid👍
that did cross my mind but it’s the only date I can find that’s relevant to this locco.

it would be nice to know but at the end of the day it runs fine and for £40 inc postage I m happy😂😂👍