Jump to content

What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)


bc6

Recommended Posts

JR 500系

Another lovely parcel from Rokko, i'm loving them! They really take special care to pack and ship all your items with care... 

 

20210125_183816.thumb.jpg.2531559e3baebbdd1ac53b8561b29f22.jpg

 

Very well packed, really secured

 

20210125_183831.thumb.jpg.87f17f197f4e8fe2f01438217a73d0d0.jpg

 

Lovely!

 

20210125_183856.thumb.jpg.b101b376b2a2f9cd08cc5914c0d27285.jpg

 

Bubbled wrapped individually 

 

20210125_183944.thumb.jpg.7e2a1d8e108714cf0dd8f13dbf222bfc.jpg

 

Plastic wrapped for mintness

 

20210125_184005.thumb.jpg.e8a9b417ede70a619dca5b2c1aff3f1b.jpg

 

Kiha 201 Niseko liner.... More into JR Hokkaido now.... 

 

20210125_184238.thumb.jpg.44b7c073aac095ba8457d5043b37b8c5.jpg

 

20210125_184350.thumb.jpg.46a4778f12009d72f5237a44973a6131.jpg

 

Love the green and purple stripes 

 

20210125_184538.thumb.jpg.5646c78fcfd03f64eaa1c78ee35e3a16.jpg

 

20210125_184749.thumb.jpg.2a3cae8df86bd342c39cb05e366cda68.jpg

 

789 series Kamui/ Suzuran... Very nice train indeed! Since Kato has already made this, perhaps we can see them making the Lilac or Hamanasu or Kiha 261? 

  • Like 7
Link to post
lukewang01
6 hours ago, Welshbloke said:

Are you sure the truck axle is wrong?

 

Reason I ask is that I see quite a few long vehicles with a self-steering tag axle at the back (and a rigid one in front of that). The tag usually has single wheels while the rigid one has duals, presumably to give enough clearance between wheel and chassis for it to steer. They're also used on lifting axles, raised when unloaded to reduce tyre wear and fuel consumption.

 

I thought the same at first. Then I went and checked the HS listing, this truck should have two rigid axles instead of one rigid and one tag. I'm not sure how they managed to mess that up. 

Link to post
6 hours ago, Welshbloke said:

Are you sure the truck axle is wrong?

 

Reason I ask is that I see quite a few long vehicles with a self-steering tag axle at the back (and a rigid one in front of that). The tag usually has single wheels while the rigid one has duals, presumably to give enough clearance between wheel and chassis for it to steer. They're also used on lifting axles, raised when unloaded to reduce tyre wear and fuel consumption.

 

I'm not 100% sure but that's how I set up the wheels on it now. I've seen that setup too on trucks so that's another reason why I figured it wasn't worth making an issue out of. The front fenders are big enough too that you don't notice the duals on the front.

Link to post
disturbman

With how often you post here, I wouldn't have imagined this would be an issue for you 😉

  • Haha 2
Link to post

a small collection acquired recently from a collector in New Zealand at just over NZ$500. The camera car set for NZ$130. Best of all the postage was NZ$13.00. I am travelling this coming weekend for around 3hrs to visit a friend with a deceased estate of model railway equipment to dispose of. 47 boxes to sort through. all sorts of scales, but plenty of Japanese N scale!!

 

 

20210125_183840.jpg

20210125_183055.jpg

20210125_183603.jpg

20210125_183938.jpg

20210125_184056.jpg

20210125_184138.jpg

20210125_184311.jpg

  • Like 7
Link to post
Welshbloke
5 hours ago, nah00 said:

 

I'm not 100% sure but that's how I set up the wheels on it now. I've seen that setup too on trucks so that's another reason why I figured it wasn't worth making an issue out of. The front fenders are big enough too that you don't notice the duals on the front.

They usually put the duals in the middle and singles forward and aft, that way you're not trying to make dual wheels steer.

Link to post
2 hours ago, beakaboy said:

The camera car set for NZ$130.

Amazing deal, especially as they seem sold out everywhere now - congrats!

  • Like 1
Link to post

I agree with Tim, great find on those Chinese boxcars!

  • Like 1
Link to post
2 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

I agree with Tim, great find on those Chinese boxcars!

cheers. does anyone have any photos or info on what loco was used to pull them.thanks 

Link to post
3 hours ago, defor said:

Amazing deal, especially as they seem sold out everywhere now - congrats!

I have the 225 series camera car as well which is dcc set up. will have to do the same to the E233 set

Link to post
disturbman

Received some non train items: a special issue on KiHa 40s and another on the 103 Series; as well as a train face book on local lines.

 

FF008072-25B6-4A2B-9598-8C0FD534ED0E.thumb.jpeg.656acdaafc0e5adb99326c81956708f4.jpeg

  • Like 7
Link to post
1 hour ago, disturbman said:

Received some non train items: a special issue on KiHa 40s and another on the 103 Series; as well as a train face book on local lines.

 

FF008072-25B6-4A2B-9598-8C0FD534ED0E.thumb.jpeg.656acdaafc0e5adb99326c81956708f4.jpeg

 

Ah, 36-100.. I can see a Sanriku train from a distance 😄 Is it still available somewhere?

Link to post
disturbman

I got it from Amazon Japan, I find it easier for books. It should be widely available. This is just a collection of train faces. There is a bit of text about the various liveries, trains and railways but the texts are rather succinct. I haven't read it yet, just quickly looked through the pictures. It's a nice collection, I already have two similar books.

Edited by disturbman
  • Thanks 2
Link to post

finally have some sankei signs an billboards coming,,   thanks to hobby search!! ive been trying to get some for over a year now,,

Link to post

Just pre-ordered 3 of the Tomix Shiki 1000s. These always seem to allude me but are apparently being re-run at the end of Jan 2021. 1400 yen each on Ami Ami currently.

 

Time to have some heavy loads getting shifted.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Peter Osborne

Today I’m due a Kato ET12 2 car and some fine track to look over, still don’t  know Kato/Tonix or peco

 

Tueaday as Rokko didn’t have the HOT7000 set I wanted I took the bargain Kato 683 Snow Rabbit set ,,,something to look forward on furlough 

Link to post

@Peter Osborne I believe that Fine Track is a trademark of Tomix, so if you bought anything by that name I’d be willing to bet it was the Tomix stuff. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post

Yep fine track is tomix sectional track. Counterpart to Kato unitrack.

 

jeff

Link to post
railsquid

Today I cycled to the Kato Hobby Center (a mere 12km each way), had a pleasant browse, and came back with some miscellaenous parts and bits and pieces:

 

kato-parts-2021-01-30.thumb.jpg.cd36ed7c71a6b566d544a5dd9484d672.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to post
3 hours ago, railsquid said:

Today I cycled to the Kato Hobby Center (a mere 12km each way), had a pleasant browse, and came back with some miscellaenous parts and bits and pieces:

 

kato-parts-2021-01-30.thumb.jpg.cd36ed7c71a6b566d544a5dd9484d672.jpg

Wait a second, are you telling me you cycled all that way and you DIDN'T come home with five new Kato train sets as well? All that exercise deserves a mighty fine reward! 

I bet @JR 500系 would have done that.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
2 minutes ago, Philphil said:

Wait a second, are you telling me you cycled all that way and you DIDN'T come home with five new Kato train sets as well? All that exercise deserves a mighty fine reward! 

I bet @JR 500系 would have done that.

Not at Kato prices, I’m sure. Gotta love those Assypart racks for finding stuff you’ve always wanted but never knew.

Link to post
gavino200
5 hours ago, railsquid said:

Today I cycled to the Kato Hobby Center (a mere 12km each way), had a pleasant browse, and came back with some miscellaenous parts and bits and pieces:

 

kato-parts-2021-01-30.thumb.jpg.cd36ed7c71a6b566d544a5dd9484d672.jpg

 

That Tacky Wax looks interesting. What is it" The the stuff in the blue tube? I'm too curious!

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...