Jump to content
bc6

What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

Recommended Posts

Yavaris Forge

Nice pic @Waisneed! In which cab is that? A bit like train-ception 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Waisneed
5 hours ago, Yavaris Forge said:

Nice pic @Waisneed! In which cab is that? A bit like train-ception 😄

 

A Re 420, I believe it was # 11152.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
railsquid

Random Akihabara haul:

 

akihabara-misc-2020-11-06.thumb.jpg.59606567eb79e4e6a05807aee42c51e5.jpg

 

The Kato book case and three cases on the right are empty. The locomotive is the new EF64-0 model, and the passenger cars for bulking out my E353 basic set to an unprototypical 6 cars :D. Container "toplifter" because there was a small stash at reasonable prices and I just know the day will come when I will regret not acquiring one. And a bunch of Tomix 209/E231/E233 number transfers, because always useful to have spares.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
JR 500系
12 minutes ago, railsquid said:

Random Akihabara haul:

 

The Kato book case and three cases on the right are empty. The locomotive is the new EF64-0 model, and the passenger cars for bulking out my E353 basic set to an unprototypical 6 cars :D. Container "toplifter" because there was a small stash at reasonable prices and I just know the day will come when I will regret not acquiring one. And a bunch of Tomix 209/E231/E233 number transfers, because always useful to have spares.

 

Man it truely is interesting to be able to walk into a hobby shop and pick up bits and pieces like this!  🙂 I heard there are treasures hidden in the endless stash of used single car carriages and body shells ~ 😛

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
nah00
3 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

 

Man it truely is interesting to be able to walk into a hobby shop and pick up bits and pieces like this!  🙂 I heard there are treasures hidden in the endless stash of used single car carriages and body shells ~ 😛

 

I would love to be able to walk in to a hobby shop and find stuff like this...but then I would have to sacrifice little things like being able to eat..😞

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Pauljag900
4 hours ago, nah00 said:

 

I would love to be able to walk in to a hobby shop and find stuff like this...but then I would have to sacrifice little things like being able to eat..😞

I do nt think you’d be on your own there mate👍😂

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
railsquid

Food is overrated.

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
cteno4

Squid is slowly wasting away as his lunch money goes to trains...

 

jeff

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Waisneed

Just arrived early this morning.

 

Now I need only to understand the instructions.

f5b849ab-bd64-44df-9a29-75742835efe7.thumb.jpg.ee16daad3c2a6a7bbca22cb8d456277d.jpgeb0dbe59-1828-4821-8c48-85e207e2b109.thumb.jpg.df564f19f33fb60d5cc437f7f04aaf50.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Pauljag900
53 minutes ago, Waisneed said:

Just arrived early this morning.

 

Now I need only to understand the instructions.

f5b849ab-bd64-44df-9a29-75742835efe7.thumb.jpg.ee16daad3c2a6a7bbca22cb8d456277d.jpgeb0dbe59-1828-4821-8c48-85e207e2b109.thumb.jpg.df564f19f33fb60d5cc437f7f04aaf50.jpg


something else I think most of us have in common!👍😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Kanpai Keith
2 minutes ago, Pauljag900 said:


something else I think most of us have in common!👍😂

Use a translate app on your phone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
katoftw

The pics/diagrams should be self explanatory.

Edited by katoftw

Share this post


Link to post
Waisneed

The diagram was self explanatory, but getting the decoder to work took slightly longer.

 

Here, have a short configuration of E353 and my new EF64 with some "left over" E353 cars.

 

20201107_154025.thumb.jpg.4474779cea69613f4e08da06fec2fbc0.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
gavino200
2 hours ago, Waisneed said:

The diagram was self explanatory, but getting the decoder to work took slightly longer.

 

 

I feel your pain. I wish they all came with those six pin connectors.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Das Steinkopf
On 11/6/2020 at 11:53 PM, JR 500系 said:

 

Man it truely is interesting to be able to walk into a hobby shop and pick up bits and pieces like this!  🙂 I heard there are treasures hidden in the endless stash of used single car carriages and body shells ~ 😛

 

On 11/7/2020 at 3:05 AM, nah00 said:

 

I would love to be able to walk in to a hobby shop and find stuff like this...but then I would have to sacrifice little things like being able to eat..😞

 

 My experience from walking into numerous hobby stores in Japan is "oh my god where to start", when you walk in the store time is of the essence and you don't want to spend more than a hour in each one but you know that is not long enough to have a proper look. I remember on my first trip in 2015 going to Tam Tam and Popondetta in Akihabara as well as a number of other stores and spending half a day doing that, my wife got a bit frustrated when we were in Tokyo the kids and I demanded to go to Akihabara 3 times, if we had done a solid day there as first planned we probably would have seen and done everything we wanted to, but my wife had decided otherwise and we derailed her plans. On the second trip in 2017 she decided to make sure we had enough time to visit the shops we wanted to so we could structure everything thing else we wanted to do around that and keep our plans on track. Mind you she had us do a day trip and travel all the way to Matsushima Kaigan just north of Sendai so she could buy some Kokeshi dolls, that said I decided to go wandering and found the stunning Godaido Matsushima which straddles a group of rocky outcrops in the bay.

Godaido Matsushima.

 

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
disturbman

The best is probably to allocate half day so each person can run their own errands. I would love to be able to go back to Pochi or Poppondetta to look through their second hand sets and junk cars.

Share this post


Link to post
Kanpai Keith

Ooooh!

EC5873CA-8A64-4D18-B28E-B6B1BE8DA259.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Pauljag900
31 minutes ago, Kanpai Keith said:

Ooooh!

EC5873CA-8A64-4D18-B28E-B6B1BE8DA259.jpeg


you tease,!!!😂😂

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
railsquid

A fairly mundane arrival to tide over the wait then:

 

50582504743_f7b496f098_z.jpg

MicroAce 185-200 series by Rail Squid, on Flickr

 

A 185-200 series, as used on the former Hamakaiji services, or would have been if it were one set formation number lower, but it's the closest I've found so Will Do For Now™.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
miyakoji

Are the 185 series in regular use at all anymore?

Share this post


Link to post
disturbman

It looks right at home on the layout, Squid.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Kanpai Keith

Now home from work. For starters we have these.

3CBB5E7B-A21B-415A-A806-3E2540993543.jpeg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Kanpai Keith

And these.

8A2EB0E4-B56F-44A3-B904-3EA13D0FFD4E.jpeg

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Kanpai Keith

Quick “short” mock up

BA197FEC-8B30-4FED-9F5F-67B9A93B8023.jpeg

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
railsquid
8 hours ago, miyakoji said:

Are the 185 series in regular use at all anymore?

 

Yup, still a few sets knocking around, particularly on the routes north of Ueno.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...