What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Some of the shops here (Hobbyland Pochi, I'm looking at you) expressly won't let you test before buying. Popondetta does (they'll open the wrapping and test for you) but the store in Shinjuku doesn't always have much.

If you are near Nagoya, then Toy Kings is worth a look also.  They have heaps listed on Yahoo also.

http://www.toysking.jp/shop-nagoya.html

I have been to their shop in Nagoya Station but they didn`t have much when I visited, perhaps my timing was bad.  I do watch their stuff on Yahoo Auctions and itt seems that is where they sell all their good stuff (yet maddeningly they don`t accept yuucho as payment so I never buy stuff off of them)!

Edited by Sean

Ordered:-

Tomix knuckle couplers for kokis.

Pantogragh spares for Tomix 800 Shinkansen - flimsy little thing, expecting to fall apart.

Tomix 12 car koki case

Greenmax crew platforms

Tomytec Eneos fuel trucks

Tomytec Idemitsu fuel trucks

Sitting at door still waiting for:-

Micro Ace Isaburo-Shimpei 2 car set - c'mon already, arrive!!!

lurkingknight

is the suica available in full 11 car config?

I have 4 E23Xs. With the yen at such a great conversion rate, I kinda want more lol.

Edited by lurkingknight
  • Like 1

is the suica available in full 11 car config?

I have 4 E23Xs. With the yen at such a great conversion rate, I kinda want more lol.

I have only seen the 4 car config, and I got lucky to get it for only $113 plus shipping.

They have the regular edition with 11 cars for $204 + $40 shipping on E-Bay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/361083751254?item=361083751254&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466

Edited by Sascha

E231s and E233 are great to have! Contemporary and actually a pretty good design (in- and outside) and very smooth ride qualities. For me, only the Sōtetsu versions though (10000 and 11000 Series) :P

• Like 1
lurkingknight

there's still a few of the tokyo e23x emus I am eyeing up.. like the shinjuku line, if I can fine the chuo line and maybe the sobu. 4 is enough for now though without a layout to run them on. (^_^);

2 car Isaburo-Shinpei arrived today.  Happy for 8000jpy which is under new retail price.  It is missing destination board decals, but has tomix interior lighting installed in the cars.  Guessing it was old new stock from a shop display.  Will attempt to run it tonight and see how operational it is.

edit//  Found the destination board decals hidden in the bottom in one of the jewel case.

Edited by katoftw

Tracks starting to get a bit dirty:

attachicon.giftomix-cleaner.jpg

The vacuum cleaner attachment is kind of neat and does actually suck up some dust.

That reminds me to also get one, plus a wheel cleaner track (for which I also need a Tomix transformer/controller).

• Like 1

2 car Isaburo-Shinpei arrived today.  Happy for 8000jpy which is under new retail price.  It is missing destination board decals, but has tomix interior lighting installed in the cars.  Guessing it was old new stock from a shop display.  Will attempt to run it tonight and see how operational it is.

edit//  Found the destination board decals hidden in the bottom in one of the jewel case.

It works! Happy!

post-1782-0-68865500-1415691250_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Congrats! Now you have the Isaburo-Shinpei! To be frank, 8000 yen with interior lighting for this is really a steal. Are you still going ahead with the other Isaburo-Shinpei on pre-order?

Congrats! Now you have the Isaburo-Shinpei! To be frank, 8000 yen with interior lighting for this is really a steal. Are you still going ahead with the other Isaburo-Shinpei on pre-order?

Yes is was a extremely good deal/steal.  Retail list price is 9,800jpy.  And Hobby Search for example sell it for 8,820jpy.  but they haven't had one in 2 years.  So I got a rare beauty with lighting installed and cheaper than list price/sale price.

All up it cost me 8000jpy for the auction, 800 buyer fee, 200 bank transfer fee and 1500 for EMS shipping.

Yes also for still going ahead with the 3 car pre-order.  Although considering MA seem dead in the water with their releases.  I'm doubtful is it coming any time soon.

Edited by katoftw

That reminds me to also get one, plus a wheel cleaner track (for which I also need a Tomix transformer/controller).

The Tomix controller can also be used to control the cleaning car, e.g. the vacuum speed. Which is a bit of a problem on DC only, as to get the vacuum spinning faster you have to speed up the pushing locomotive, which means it has less time to vacuum each section. Still, it has sucked up some stuff.

Im wondering if we can use CL circuit to control it's motor..

There is a diode bridge and a voltage regulator circuit in the vacuum car, so i think a good cl circuit should set the selected speed with full power even while the train is stationery. Of course, this depends on the available power of the cl output and the minimal voltage of the locomotive versus the minimal voltage of the cleaning car.

Also found the MicroAce A5071 Eidan Subway Electric Train Series 03 Hibiya Line 8-Car Set. I have been looking for this  for a view month,since it was the train I used most when I visited Tokyo last may. But didn't want to spend $300. Found it for $180 inc shipping. 

Edited by Sascha
  • Like 1

Also found the MicroAce A5071 Eidan Subway Electric Train Series 03 Hibiya Line 8-Car Set. I have been looking for this  for a view month,since it was the train I used most when I visited Tokyo last may. But didn't want to spend $300. Found it for $180 inc shipping. 

Thanks Sascha,

On it`s way in the morning once the post is open.

Hope you like it.

- David

• Like 1

Yes also for still going ahead with the 3 car pre-order.  Although considering MA seem dead in the water with their releases.  I'm doubtful is it coming any time soon.

The KIHA47 Isaburo-Shinpei is scheduled for somewhere in or after January 2015. Seeing MA has resumed releasing scheduled products, I think it will take about 4 months or so to get this on the market. I'm waiting for the Sotetsu 7000 to be released, but I can wait... I can wait... There's not much I really crave for at the moment.

The Tomix controller can also be used to control the cleaning car, e.g. the vacuum speed. Which is a bit of a problem on DC only, as to get the vacuum spinning faster you have to speed up the pushing locomotive, which means it has less time to vacuum each section. Still, it has sucked up some stuff.

Get a locomotive with very low gearing or just move it by hand on full power I guess. A potential tunnel/unreachable spot problem can then be solved by attaching some unpowered carriages to it and move it remotely through the inaccessible area.

Get a locomotive with very low gearing or just move it by hand on full power I guess. A potential tunnel/unreachable spot problem can then be solved by attaching some unpowered carriages to it and move it remotely through the inaccessible area.

Ah yes, the simple solutions are the best... It's been a long couple of days and my brain has been on "complex" mode. Apart from the hand-of-god solution, one of my British locomotives should do the trick...

The KIHA47 Isaburo-Shinpei is scheduled for somewhere in or after January 2015. Seeing MA has resumed releasing scheduled products, I think it will take about 4 months or so to get this on the market. I'm waiting for the Sotetsu 7000 to be released, but I can wait... I can wait... There's not much I really crave for at the moment.

Where did you get this information?  Nothing on their website about it.  It's already way past it's orignal planned release date.  But then everything on MAs release schedule is way past their release dates.

Every supplier I have spoken to has said they cannot give release dates as MA are non committed and/or vague about giving release dates for their clear ongoing issues.

Edited by katoftw

Where did you get this information?  Nothing on their website about it.  It's already way past it's orignal planned release date.  But then everything on MAs release schedule is way past their release dates.

Every supplier I have spoken to has said they cannot give release dates as MA are non committed and/or vague about giving release dates for their clear ongoing issues.

NGI states that this particular train is scheduled for in or after January 2015. I trust that site pretty much with what they put out, as it's one of the largest (if not the major) source of online information on releases. I also never said a clear release date. Just somewhere early in 2015, which was also stated as speculative.

By coincidence, just now, MA gave the release date of a few more products for upcoming tuesday (the 18th), which came as a surprise, just as the extremely quick development and release of the Keihan 800.

• Like 1

Wow that's a huge backlog they are trying to get over with in one month! I see the Marine Liner is up for January as well, unfortunately no Shikoku for me for the time being. :(