What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Claude_Dreyfus

Did a little bit of shopping recently and snagged me another EF64-1000. I like EF64s, both these and their original cousins...

IMG_0069.thumb.JPG.df6911d5dc1af82cefb503629f308caf.JPG

I've really got to get cracking with my Chuo/Shinonoi line layout, but things keep getting in the way. Possible significant surgery to Dreyfus Towers in the not too distant future makes this even more of a distant prospect, as storage options for anything close to what I am thinking of (nothing too grand, approx 12' x 3') will be next to nil...

• Like 10

Really like that particular prototype and having watched Nimo5's Hakubi line videos, almost made the same purchase but have restrained myself.   Trying to avoid getting trains and then not running them as my layout progress is nil right now.  With the new Green Max 115 Series the temptation is increasing - how long can I hold out?

Cheers,

Tony

• Like 1

@Tony Galiani I lost it 🤣

Today a non-Hokkaido train have arrived. Hakubi Line freight train with EF64-1000 and Koki 106/107 and some new container.

1746629642_WhatsAppImage2023-02-25at13_33_52.thumb.jpeg.91f111a98f396d2819d235816db74afc.jpeg

Edited by lighthouse
  • Like 7

I have been reasonably disciplined in my recent purchases.  These are the items I got earlier this month from Plaza Japan.  Two Tomix Hokkaido DMUs - one set in the Sanem/Shisui color scheme and one set of the latest H100 series.  And every time I make a purchase, I usually add it some detail items to build up my stock of odds and ends for projects.  So still sticking with my Hokkaido theme.

Though Hakubi Line starts with an H so is sort of related .....

To be continued!

Ciao,

Tony

Tomix Hokkaido DMUs.jpg

• Like 11

Yay, some new Stuff from "No Batterie, No Glue" arrive here as well, namely some GM structures (#2222 and #2623) that were a little late for the last delivery, the new A3 Tomix Moving Bus System starter (twice) for my Club to revive the old idea of having a "Faller Car System" on one corner, wich kinda died with the non-availability of N-Sclae Faller Car System, and the J.R. Chikuho Line passenger set from Tomix ^^

new_stuff.jpg

• Like 4
On 2/24/2023 at 4:05 PM, bill937ca said:

UPS is known for charging "brokerage fees" even when there is no applicable duty due.  I have been paid twice for a class-action lawsuit UPS lost years ago. Inspite of that I believe the practice continues today.

Yes, I was charged like $25 for a $450 guitar from China.  No duty or anything but had to pay brokerage fees.  Another guitar was shipped through a different carrier (someone I had not heard of so likely a Chinese express service) and was herejust as fast, no brokerage fees, no duty, nothing.

• Like 1

My purchases for the winter 2023 season are winding down.  Today its two items from Plaza Japan. Greenmax 2607 Brown business Building  destined to be become a newspaper or sports newspaper plant and office with a loading dock and  2141 Greenmax street lights.

IMG_9149 1024 x 768.jpg

• Like 3
On 2/22/2023 at 11:17 PM, ED75-775 said:

Of course, once you mark yourself *safe* then you know you're really not...

And those words prove prophetic: I'm not safe. Nope. Nuh-uh. Not safe at all.

No sooner than my last Zenmarket package had headed away, I was back into the tram category on Yahoo! Auctions and now I've got two more Tomytec trams on the way, one Hiroshima 650-series and an Iyotetsu MoHa 2000 (2015 version) which I snagged this morning. This brings my tram total up to seven trams for now, all of which are older cars, i.e. not low-floor articulated vehicles which I am not yet as partial to.

There's also two other trams on my watchlist right now which I'm hoping to reel in, but we'll have to wait and see. 

Alastair

Once you start you are never safe.  Just ask my pocket book! But the only thing that might stop you is running out of space. Unfortunately with trams that is not likely the case. <Sigh>

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
56 minutes ago, bill937ca said:

Once you start you are never safe.  Just ask my pocket book! But the only thing that might stop you is running out of space. Unfortunately with trams that is not likely the case. <Sigh>

can attest to this... started with a preorder for a single E4 Max. now has turned into almost 30 different trains. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, bill937ca said:

Oh, I don't know about not running out of space with trams. Just look at what *someone* on this forum has managed to do with buses...

Rich K.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A pair of loading docks have arrived from Outland Models.  It comes in four pieces and snaps together although it will be better with glue.  Shipped Febuary 22, so that was quick.

IMG_9153 1024 x 768.png

• Like 4

Orders waiting to arrive:

KATO 10-1342 E351 Super Azusa

TOMIX 98444 JR215

TOMIX 98487 JR KIHA 261 5000 Series Lavender Set

TOMIX 98082 115-1000 Kumoha 114-1500

TOMIX 98007 Hakone Mountaineering Railway 2000 Type St. Moritz 

KATO 10-1527 485 Series Early Model Basic Set

Modemo NT159 Enoshima Electric Railway 1000 Type 1002

Modemo NT153 Hanshina 71 Shogoku Road Debut

Modemo NT158 Fighters Duchess Electric Railway

Modemo NT99 Toyobashi Railway City Line

Modemo NT85 Tokyu Series 300 (Classic Blue)

Modemo NT167 and NT168 Tokyo 7700 (Green and Red)

Pre-Ordered:

KATO 3090-3 - EF66 -Late 0 Towing 

KATO 10-1816 - Glacier Express Basic Set

• Like 1
Tony Galiani

Normally, I am pretty restrained with my orders but while web surfing I came on what I thought was a reasonable deal for a Kato Series 381 since the price included shipping.  Ordered it last Thursday and it turned up this morning which seems pretty quick to me.  I purchased it on eBay as a guest since I don't have an account and the vendor sent me a note thanking me for the purchase and promising to get it shipped within 5 business days.  But I guess he meant 5 business minutes!  And the shipping was by Fed Ex - when I saw "free shipping" I sort of expected it to be sent the slowest way possible so the quick turnaround was a pleasant surprise.

Ciao,

Tony

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

• Like 10

Last item for now.  My wish list is currently fulfilled. A Tomytec Vacant Property set. I want it for the fishmonger shop that will reside at the front of a lene.

IMG_9154 1024 x 768.png

• Like 9

My latest pre-orders:

[images removed]

And the latest order:

[images removed]

Edited by disturbman
images removed as posters clearly doesn't own the rights to the images
  • Like 1
On 3/2/2023 at 1:57 AM, brill27mcb said:

Oh, I don't know about not running out of space with trams. Just look at what *someone* on this forum has managed to do with buses...

Rich K.

Ohhhhh poor Sammy...

Though now that @brill27mcb mentions it, I did have some trams turn up today in the post in a nice, big box:

IMG_6838.thumb.JPG.3002b30a99bde6001def2f36b95fa2f2.JPG

I made the mistake of trying to make use of Zenmarket's half price shipping for the first two months of 2023, which as it turns out was only available in certain territories that didn't include New Zealand. I wasn't impressed with myself for not picking that up sooner. Still, everything got here safe and sound and I'm happy with that.

IMG_6839.thumb.JPG.6d29b889b42becae51fff75bab240915.JPG

And here are our trams for today! Two Kyoto examples (#933 and #2003), one Iyotetsu (#2002 w/TM-TR01 powered chassis) and one Sanyo (#804). I will eventually get chassis for the other three, which may or may not result in a tramway layout at some point in the future. In the meanwhile, these four remain slumbering peacefully in their boxes, and will likely stay in them until I can adapt the spare Tomix case included with my 98445 car set to hold trams. Who offers the best optional interior foams for these cases? Any recommendations?

IMG_6840.thumb.JPG.7049e1e4bd8b6e75b8d6943459e43765.JPG

Of course, I couldn't resist building up my collection of assorted knowledge on Japanese railways and tramways (and one tramway's trolleybus operations). Nineteen volumes in total! And of course, there are a few more on their way to or sitting in Osaka for the next package. If anyone knows any good new- or second-hand bookshops with railway content in them across Tokyo/Nagoya/Kyoto/Hiroshima, I'd love to know where they are - @Kamome has already confirmed the location of one shop in Hakata Station which is conveniently close to Popondetta, but it wouldn't hurt to know a few more such locations!

Alastair

• Like 5

couple of items from recent sale by ModelTrainPlus arrived today. The Greenmax Tamper refused to move when placed on the track, but luckily a thread on here came to the rescue and after careful removal of the body I found that one of the brass motor contacts had moved. running well  now after some lube of gears . I decided to add some coaches behind Thomas that have been looking lonely in the display cabinet for a while.   

20230316_160544.jpg

20230316_161736.jpg

• Like 8