What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

42 minutes ago, jappomania said:

😂 yesterday from marketenterprice....

I was the second bidder 😋, a little bit too yellowed end frames but a good choice (maybe for a little more - 6/7000jpy you can find one Kato 100 in better conditions, just be patient)

ciao!

Massimo

I wasn't expecting to win the bid for 3700 yen it's steal for me 🙂

but yeah anything from marketenterprice is a good deal. i'll deal with the yellowing later with UV 😄

On 9/16/2022 at 8:58 AM, Englehart said:

I finally got one for cheaps 😅may fav shinkansen

2022-09-16 07_18_01-Window.png

There's a 300 series coach in there ~  😛

The 100 series GRand Hikari is one of my fav too, those 4 double deckers are really amazing!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, railsquid said:

Fancied something American for a change:

52369266105_9b5de40e77_z.jpg

MicroAce ED53 (ED53-1) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Made by Westinghouse/Baldwin. Converted to ED19-5 in 1941.

Three generations of my family worked for Westinghouse.  My dad told me he saw the last 

electric locomotive built at the East Pittsburgh Works.

Dave

• Like 1
7 hours ago, railsquid said:

Fancied something American for a change:

52369266105_9b5de40e77_z.jpg

MicroAce ED53 (ED53-1) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Made by Westinghouse/Baldwin. Converted to ED19-5 in 1941.

yep! another member for your MA roster

let me know if you need a photo of mine for sleep more easier 😂 (like you told in MA new release ...)

Edited by jappomania
15 hours ago, jappomania said:

yep! another member for your MA roster

let me know if you need a photo of mine for sleep more easier 😂 (like you told in MA new release ...)

Having sorted through the piles of cases at the weekend I realised I have never placed the MicroAce ones all in one place (I have most of my stuff sorted by "theme", except when it isn't). And then there are the boxes of locos...

19 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Oh no new worm holes for the squid’s layout!

***cue eery music***

engelscher-markt-2022-09-20_01.thumb.jpg.286ce549bc679efc318ab06e6293ce97.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Meanwhile from the junkier depths of Yahoo Auctions, this very cheap junky Tomix EF81

52372054543_2d538c261c_z.jpg]

Tomix EF81-300 (EF81-301) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

The junkiness being defined primarily by a lack of pantographs, a spare pair of which happened to be residing unused deep within Railsquid's array of Miscelleaneous Boxes of Parts, and some light weathering by the previous owner which looks quite OK, especially at that price, and a lack of a box, which again can be and has been easily remedied.

• Like 11
4 hours ago, railsquid said:

Having sorted through the piles of cases at the weekend I realised I have never placed the MicroAce ones all in one place (I have most of my stuff sorted by "theme", except when it isn't). And then there are the boxes of locos...

***cue eery music***

engelscher-markt-2022-09-20_01.thumb.jpg.286ce549bc679efc318ab06e6293ce97.jpg

now that’s just getting into all that alternate reality crap, I draw the line at worm holes! There is only one reality and it’s MINE! And any worm hole just end to a different part of my reality.

jeff

jeff

6 hours ago, railsquid said:

Meanwhile from the junkier depths of Yahoo Auctions, this very cheap junky Tomix EF81

52372054543_2d538c261c_z.jpg]

Tomix EF81-300 (EF81-301) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

The junkiness being defined primarily by a lack of pantographs, a spare pair of which happened to be residing unused deep within Railsquid's array of Miscelleaneous Boxes of Parts, and some light weathering by the previous owner which looks quite OK, especially at that price, and a lack of a box, which again can be and has been easily remedied.

that EF81 suits the stainless look. very nice

• Like 2

A parcel of 宅急便 (Takkyūbin) parcels arrived

The plan is to make one of the long distance Super Liner 22-26 Koki length trains that run the length of the country. 

A video of レ62 as an example has the majority of space allocated for 30ft private company’s containers such as Yamato Ta-Q-Bin, Run-tec, Sagawa, Nippon Express and Fukuyama Express with 2-5 flats allocated to the smaller 12ft ones. 

I tend to replace the Tomix wagons with the super short Kato knuckle couplers (non functioning) It’s a shame these Koki 104s come per printed numbers, in this case 104-1080 but I will probably remove and renumber eventually. 

BCE3A070-79C0-46E9-B15D-EE6E220B32B5.jpeg

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Kamome said:

I tend to replace the Tomix wagons with the super short Kato knuckle couplers (non functioning)

I still highly recommend the Greenmax couplers over the Kato. They are also non-functioning but look much better, more to scale.

Do you have a link to the video you are mentioning?

Edited by disturbman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Links for some of the videos that gave me inspiration.

There’s also a recent magazine supplement by Mook publishing for container train and other freight configurations to help model more realistic looking trains.Available on Amazon Japan.  I had a look at this in a bookshop and it’s a lot of profile shots of each wagon in each train.  Not that you couldn’t get the same info from Youtube videos.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0BFW28TM9

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/4802211880/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10909289

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
21 hours ago, Kamome said:

There’s also a recent magazine supplement by Mook publishing for container train and other freight configurations to help model more realistic looking trains.Available on Amazon Japan.  I had a look at this in a bookshop and it’s a lot of profile shots of each wagon in each train.  Not that you couldn’t get the same info from Youtube videos.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0BFW28TM9

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/4802211880/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10909289

Two other sources:

http://trainsideview.ddo.jp/t/category/jrfreight/jrf-pc/

http://kakeyama.image.coocan.jp/fc.htm

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Considering how common it is, there are little to no kids toys with it on either. I’m sure toys like Tomica have had Sagawa and Nippon Express trucks but I don’t recall anything with Yamato on. I wonder if their copyright demands are high. 

Two days ago I received my first n gauge train. I did not think I would fall in love with a train, but I did with this one...it was love at first sight. It sure is different seeing them in your hand than simply in a photo.

JNR C56 92

1103556974_JNRC56-92.thumb.png.4ad00a4b3334a3a430d0ac849d29e6e8.png

1323378913_BoRK110.thumb.jpg.1de0c95373f12737514466f25f23513f.jpg

• Like 10

Now would be a good time to bury your credit card(s), preferably on a different continent, and set up your internet connection to filter out all content related to model railways.

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, Petey said:

Two days ago I received my first n gauge train. I did not think I would fall in love with a train, but I did with this one...it was love at first sight. It sure is different seeing them in your hand than simply in a photo.

JNR C56 92

1103556974_JNRC56-92.thumb.png.4ad00a4b3334a3a430d0ac849d29e6e8.png

1323378913_BoRK110.thumb.jpg.1de0c95373f12737514466f25f23513f.jpg

Welcome to the poverty club.

Gorgeous start

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, Petey said:

Sorry Petey there is no cure, you’ve joined the damned here. Resistance is futile you have been assimilated…

jeff

• Haha 2