What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

8 hours ago, ED75-775 said:

The good ‘not-quite-a-weekend-weekend’ continues, after DHL delivered yet another box to my doorstep! Yes, it’s the Tomix 215 series EMU I’ve been eagerly waiting for! Well then, time for some pretty pictures...

Ha DHL was busy this week delivering 215s, mine showed up Tuesday!

jeff

7DAF077E-755A-47C7-A57E-DCE1297BE9BB.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've got another 4-car 209-2100 and 6 Taki 1000s on the way. Also I've had some youtube videos recommended to me recently in regards to the Kashima line/Kashima Rinkai that shows that to do current era I need other trains. Some not yet out, other's long sold out...`Train Suite Shiki-shima`....yes the `Train Suite Shiki-shima` has run along the KRT.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Rod.H said:

I've got another 4-car 209-2100 and 6 Taki 1000s on the way. Also I've had some youtube videos recommended to me recently in regards to the Kashima line/Kashima Rinkai that shows that to do current era I need other trains. Some not yet out, other's long sold out...`Train Suite Shiki-shima`....yes the `Train Suite Shiki-shima` has run along the KRT.

Huh, that's cool. Doesn't come in a Shorty version though.  

But we'll be happy with the Cassiopeia making appearances on our KRT.
: 3

14 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Ha DHL was busy this week delivering 215s, mine showed up Tuesday!

Mine is in the airplane now, enjoying the sights of the sea from Japan to Singapore  😛

SwitchOnSwitchOff

Finally received all parts for making my outlet-free, battery driven Tomix controller. I'm super pleased with it and it works perfectly. I hate leads and my little battery box (12v alkaline / 9.6v rechargeable) will actually drive pretty much any N / Z controller. Just need to change the adapter plug (got a whole set for $15). I added the little touch of some hook-and-loop strips and 4 rubber feet (around $5 total for these in Daiso). Keeps the whole thing completely stable and it stays 100% attached. You have to really tear it off with some force. Batteries can be changed without removing the battery box. A set of 8 fully charged would last days of continuous use with a single train. The battery box has its own on/off switch too. Got a couple of these on eBay for around $5 each.

Thought it might be useful to some!

IMG_20220304_233850.jpg

IMG_20220304_233835.jpg

IMG_20220304_233436~2.jpg

IMG_20220304_234441~2.jpg

IMG_20220304_233352~2.jpg

IMG_20220304_235316~2.jpg

Edited by SwitchOnSwitchOff
Added photo and info
  • Like 8
11 hours ago, Rod.H said:

Your handling the Oorai end, for some reason the Kashima end calls to me

We were very tempted to extend southwards with the small port and freight facilities at Kamisu, and junction with the Narita Line.  But once we explored more just north across the Naka River and found the Minato Line with it's little ports and all the lovely Kiha, that won out

deathletter

A few more freight cars from yahoo.jp + 1 DE10 + some replacement trucks and a 9600 tender wheel set. Apparently the Kato 10-358 E351 Super Azusa 8 Car set has a freight car component to make more revenue. Which is the Micro Ace A3114 Koki/Kokifu set. ((((The A3114 set is in a Kato 10-358 case)))). 🍻

5735402_MarchFreight.thumb.jpg.e379e995186a5d4bde06dd4f635a8a2e.jpg

• Like 7
On 11/7/2021 at 12:32 PM, deathletter said:

More freight acquired from yahoo. The small amount of passenger equipment in the one photo was part of an auction for the contents of that box. I was primarily interested in the rotary snow plow and slightly interested in the DD13. It was a bargain. 

2.jpg

I was scrolling through this thread trying to find a couple of posts (I wanted to see if the Tokaido 0 and 100 series Shinkansens were worth getting) when I found this. I was previously looking around on the locomotive wiki and so I recognized the bottom two cars as the Kiya 191 series. Would you happen to know which company makes this? I couldn’t find it.

Edited by Brennan91

I’m a bit confused as to why the Tomix 215 basic set comes with 4 cars in a 10 car case and the add on set comes with 6 cars in yet another 10 car case. I guess a spare case is always handy. I am in 2 minds whether to get this time around and didn’t preorder. I like it and find it repulsive in equal, grey measure. I want it and don’t but may start regretting it once they disappear. 

I did however get a bargain moving bus from my local train shop. Having heard on the exorbitant prices being asked online, thought it was a good opportunity to get an extra motor and bus stop, both of which are nay on impossible to find. Not wanting to cause any upset to other members, but the set cost exactly what they were on Hobbysearch in 2011.

Perhaps there are still sets out there hiding in small local hobby shops, in this case collecting dust with its faded box, presumably for 10 years.

9C6DC27E-F0F3-49CF-A29F-98D0ACA5E580.jpeg

• Like 5
48 minutes ago, Kamome said:

I’m a bit confused as to why the Tomix 215 basic set comes with 4 cars in a 10 car case and the add on set comes with 6 cars in yet another 10 car case. I guess a spare case is always handy. I am in 2 minds whether to get this time around and didn’t preorder. I like it and find it repulsive in equal, grey measure. I want it and don’t but may start regretting it once they disappear. 

I did however get a bargain moving bus from my local train shop. Having heard on the exorbitant prices being asked online, thought it was a good opportunity to get an extra motor and bus stop, both of which are nay on impossible to find. Not wanting to cause any upset to other members, but the set cost exactly what they were on Hobbysearch in 2011.

Perhaps there are still sets out there hiding in small local hobby shops, in this case collecting dust with its faded box, presumably for 10 years.

Yeah at least Tomix and Kato are listening to us. Previously, one would need to get an extra urethane in order to house 10-car sets like these, much like the E233 series for example. At least now they come with urethane able to hold the full consists which is great, since space is always an issue with all... 

That is an amazing find! Judging from the internet, the basic bus set, especially the Toei one which you got, is REALLY hard to find now, and it's such a gem!

1 hour ago, Kamome said:

I am in 2 minds whether to get this time around and didn’t preorder. I like it and find it repulsive in equal, grey measure. I want it and don’t but may start regretting it once they disappear. 

If you do, you might want to hurry. TamTam already announced they were sold out and that it was going to be the most selling train in years. Apparently pre-orders were already higher than usual.

35 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

That is an amazing find! Judging from the internet, the basic bus set, especially the Toei one which you got, is REALLY hard to find now, and it's such a gem!

Yeah, I was a little disappointed I didn’t get more parts as I assumed they’d keep producing it. Anyway for ¥6800 and some ¥100 batteries it was a lucky find. Box is pretty faded but it was a pristine, unopened set. 

2 minutes ago, disturbman said:

If you do, you might want to hurry. TamTam already announced they were sold out and that it was going to be the most selling train in years. Apparently pre-orders were already higher than usual.

Yeah, unfortunately life decided to eat well into the hobby budget over the last few months. I did consider just getting the base set but then I may have to wait a long time to pick up the add on which kind of defeats the point. I need to feel content that now the Tomix moulds exist, and as they’ve sold through quickly, they will hopefully decide to do another run in the near future. 

39 minutes ago, Kamome said:

I did consider just getting the base set but then I may have to wait a long time to pick up the add on which kind of defeats the point.

That would be a mistake. Add-on sets are always the hardest to get. Seeing the amount sold, we will also see more than a few unused sets hit the second-hand market, and you might be able to find some new ones in your local shops. Things tend to hide longer on those that do not have a known online presence, like for the moving bus set you just bought.

Edited by disturbman
  • Like 1

Thanks for the advice. I’m still a little unaware of Tomix sets availability as I’ve been very much in the Kato camp for the last decade. 

Theres still plenty of things like the Kato 813-200 +300 and 800 shooting star special editions around in my local Kyushu shops. 

The same shop I found the bus in, who do not have an online site, I also had the 6 car Hinotori from them a long time after it disappeared so who knows. They have both sets of the brown 44 series Tsubame/Hato set from Kato which actually is more attractive to me currently than the 215 along with the C62 2.

Seems like a lot of people go in to chat and I’m one of the few that buy.  My slight hesitation with the 215 was the full set price point and then the TN coupler cost on top. I’m a bit of a stickler for those kind of details although I’m starting to warm to Tomix a little more.  I will probably succumb on the next run, whenever that might be, but I would assume if all the big players get enough inquiries, they’ll decide to run it again if I can’t find one in the near future.

Thankfully Kato has decided to repeat a lot of what I already have in the coming months although I have preordered some stainless Kanmon tunnel engines and a couple of the 14 car blue Wamu sets to create some nice early JRF snaking trains. 

It FINALLY arrives, after my attempt to try to hide it from the 'home security customs unit' which will most indefinately ask a truck load fo questions and risk being interogated and likely convicted. 

20220309_110037.thumb.jpg.6c9ceb6eef7d0c2b0a0cf9a5f3a6e953.jpg

A* packing as usual 

20220309_110148.thumb.jpg.5e325d80003fa8529e87e0076f6d53cf.jpg

20220309_110242.thumb.jpg.f67ac0e85655e7a8d2d13df708b9a18b.jpg

This is one LLLOOONNNGGG tram, pretty nice!

20220309_110319.thumb.jpg.b441c632e91750d00f4fb6be3d89d313.jpg

Just one case ~ 

20220309_110336.thumb.jpg.c169662a09b1b68342d4a8be21fb4d5e.jpg

With all 10 cars inside ~ Masaharu san was so nice when i asked him to pack all the cars into one bookcase instead to save on shipping costs!

20220309_110407.thumb.jpg.321917b01779ee920c619e750d8d9727.jpg

One of the nicest double decker trains, losing to perhaps only the E4 Max ~~ 

• Like 11

I even like more and more MA-Locos:

MicroAce A8504 DD51 1058 JRF with testlivery of early 90´s

1766127293_WhatsAppImage2022-03-11at19_13_35.thumb.jpeg.98d134b66a85425a007b64c9f88742ac.jpeg

• Like 8

Soo, after a bit of absence from trains due to the passing of my cat, it was finally time to (pre) order some stuff to get my tiny collection up to speed to some of yours.

So, expecting now somewhat this year , I now wait for 

- Tomix Series 80000 `Hinotori` (probably August)
- Tomix HOKI800 (J.R. East) Style 8 Set (probably September)
- Tomitec Contemporary Townhouses A5 and B5 because Houses ... (probably August too)

(Also still waiting for the hktilc light boards for the Kitty Shinkansen ... )

On 3/5/2022 at 7:39 PM, Tom1970 said:

I’ve got some rolling stock coming my way.

Due to the sheer lack of freight cars of my own REALLY looking foreward to some pictures there ^^

Edited by Wolf
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Wow that’s a pretty nice haul. I’ve been looking at some other freight options myself. Those Hoki 2500/9500 are certainly something else i’d like in the future as they go quite nicely alongside the cement hoppers. 

I do like those experimental liveried EF58s too.

• Like 1

Oh nice batch! I am looking at these Tora90000 a while now too just because I love the looks. Not realistic at all, but would love seeing these pulled with a DE10 through some Orchard.

• Like 1

A new household record in the Receiving Department : a 38.3 pound package of N scale goodness just arrived!

(7) 17" wide triple length Masterpiece Modules' T-Trak precision machined kits.

We weren't planning on ordering these until we had ample work and storage space cleared in the basement (a variety of nuisance injuries have greatly delayed progress on that front).  But those are pretty well cleared up, and now it's time to get cracking on that again.  With the looming spectre of supply chain issues for Baltic birch plywood, we decided to order the kits last month.

We're also hoping to get (3) 17" wide single module kits.  That's a custom order though to get the extra depth to match these wide Branchline Modules.  David at Masterpiece wants to work through most of his backlog of orders before taking on any custom orders.  So we ordered these stock kits now and will get the custom ones as soon as we can.

MasterpieceModules15Mar2022.JPG

• Like 11