What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

The 103 is also one of my favourites, and somehow I have a profound love for JR West versions. Same for the KiHa 40. JR West had quite a few different colors running around the Kansai area.

Today's shipment is a Tomix 1321 X72.5-30 stock rail crossover for when i do a train layout on the garage unit. Bought off eBay, shipped in a Yodobashi  mailing envelope by Air Small Packet on August 9.

IMG_8728 1920 x 1080.jpg

• Like 2
Tony Galiani

Took Chadbag's advice.  Though he didn't mention it would come with a 27 page user's manual .....

Zojirushi rice maker.jpg

Small order from Sakatsu Global.  Ten days from order to delivery via EMS.  Sampling some different products and looking forward to seeing how the Baioudou kits compare to Sankei kits.  Not so sure about the flower base package in the center - not what I expected and the instructions are in Japanese so that will be a learning experience!  The rest are detail items that will need painting.

Kobaru order 0821.jpg

Ciao,

Tony Galiani

• Like 7
36 minutes ago, Tony Galiani said:

Took Chadbag's advice.  Though he didn't mention it would come with a 27 page user's manual .....

Zojirushi rice maker.jpg

I'm not sure this is N scale. Is it too cook trains? Or warm weathered containers?

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
3 hours ago, Tony Galiani said:

Sampling some different products and looking forward to seeing how the Baioudou kits compare to Sankei kits.  Not so sure about the flower base package in the center - not what I expected and the instructions are in Japanese so that will be a learning experience!  The rest are detail items that will need painting.

Kobaru order 0821.jpg

Ciao,

Tony Galiani

Hello Tony,

Kobaru's flower powder is easy to use, I've used this on several of my modules. Mix the powder with some paint (I use water-based acrylic paints) and water and apply it very finely to surfaces or bushes. Then the whole thing has to be heated with a hot air dryer. Years ago I made a video about it: Youtube

It is ideal in connection with the Woodland Clump Foliage 🙂

IMG_1179.thumb.jpg.37b4dbd935ce4500a89aaee4758ee7c0.jpgIMG_1184.thumb.jpg.eeb6d0fa66dca58b269864b7671d39f1.jpg

and:

IMG_1174.thumb.jpg.124383f7bede01fe4178f50a4e3630f3.jpgIMG_1192.thumb.jpg.5c466eeb19f30e98f855cb017ee16c2b.jpg

• Like 5
Tony Galiani

That's great!  Thanks so much - between your pictures and the videos it is clear how to use it.  I have plenty of WS clump foliage so I am good to go.

Tschuss,

Tony Galiani

• Like 1
Yavaris Forge

So my birthday was a few days ago and there were two packages for me to open! One from RGR and another one I ordered from YAJ.

First one is the RGR package, as always very well packed. This was my first order from RGR and I will definitely order from them again.

785275577_IMG_20210829_1918413972.thumb.jpg.48d270447d6f07932222e4724fa2268e.jpg

I originally only needed some bogies with current collectors to install lights in older Kato Suha43 coaches but then some freight cars looked tempting and I needed a new case anyway... You know how that works 😄 I even got a free bag from them, very cool.

Second package was from YAJ:

2522400_IMG_20210829_1921100222.thumb.jpg.7707286a0837e22eb725870b731bdfba.jpg

It mainly consists of a full 15-car set of a Kato E531系, a train I had my eye on for quite some time now. The flatbed with the Jagdpanther tank was actually gifted to my by my dad, but I wanted to add it to the photo anyways.

• Like 4
Tony Galiani

I am curious about ordering from RGR - - whenever I look at that site, I see a limited number of items on offer but I see posts here showing a lot of items that I am not finding.  Is there some detail to using their site to find more items?  Sometimes I see an item I would want but don't see a way to add other items to the order - such as building kits.  I suppose I could send an e-mail request but wondering if there are more items available then I am seeing.

Ciao,

Tony Galiani

56 minutes ago, Tony Galiani said:

I am curious about ordering from RGR - - whenever I look at that site, I see a limited number of items on offer but I see posts here showing a lot of items that I am not finding.  Is there some detail to using their site to find more items?  Sometimes I see an item I would want but don't see a way to add other items to the order - such as building kits.  I suppose I could send an e-mail request but wondering if there are more items available then I am seeing.

Ciao,

Tony Galiani

There is a Japanese language web page listing far more items (and I can't find the link). When I find an item, I send an inquiry on their contact form. It is a small shop so it might take a day or two. When I enquire I usually give my payment preference and shipping preference to speed up the process.

https://rg-rokko.com/contact

Edited by bill937ca
  • Thanks 1

Two DHL parcels arrived as I was cooking dinner.   This is the new Kato 14-805-2 My Tram Red  and a Tomix Keisei Electric Railway AE Skyliner because  I won't pay for the full train model

IMG_8735  1920 x 1080.jpg

• Like 3

This is the second DHL parcel.   Its several unconnected items for several different projects.

A Kato 11-108 Pocket Line Series Tram Power Unit for repowering my 14-501-2 Pocket Line Nissin Chikin Ramen (Chibi-Den `Chicken Ra-men`) advertising tram.

Tomix S70 and R140-30 track for a tram track turnout experiment.

A Tomix 4061 Mini Platform set for when its the trains turn on the Garage Unit layout.

Tamiya Pla-Paper for some project I have forgotten.

That's it for me probably until next spring. Lots of projects to work on.

IMG_8734   1920 x 1080.jpg

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 3
On 8/28/2021 at 2:53 AM, Tony Galiani said:

Zojirushi rice maker.jpg

I think this calls for a new thread:

“What did you make in your rice cooker today?”

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, disturbman said:

Here: http://railgallery-r.com/02_1_003ja.html

I usually just write an email to Tokonami-san detailing what I want from the item list and/or what I'm looking for. Just be sure to check your spam folder, his emails always end up there.

Hi, 

Before couple of days ago, I was not aware of the URL http://railgallery-r.com. Fun to see how topics can  arise.

As I said, couple of days ago, I raised an email to RGR where one of the topic was the japanese site. As usual, M. Tokonami answered all my questions. Just to share with the community: 

• Preordering is possible (I let you contact RGR for that). I've pre-ordered the KATO E257 Serie2500 "Odoriko" 5-cars set (the 9-cars set is too long for me) and they'll keep me posted as soon as they get it. 
  • Even if a reference doesn't exist on the japanese site, you can query by email and RGR will look whether they can provide it (eg I've broken a coupler on my N'EX motor car, they don't have it but they'll order it for me). 
  • In the end, they'll send you an detailed offer for what you want to purchase. Even if you've doubt, RGR rsp, M. Tokonami will give you add information to drive your choice

The reasons why I'm ordering at RGR is clear : they are really taking care of their customers and they have a very professionnal behaviour. 

On my Gmail account, their email doesn't end up in spam, but check if you have no answer as RGR never refuse to answer. 

• Thanks 2
Das Steinkopf
On 8/28/2021 at 3:53 AM, Tony Galiani said:

Zojirushi rice maker.jpg

Are you sure that Chadbag didn't mean you should get one of these when referring to getting a Rice Cooker. 

https://flic.kr/p/wb59HM

• Like 1
13 hours ago, JR East said:

Before couple of days ago, I was not aware of the URL http://railgallery-r.com. Fun to see how topics can  arise.

A little clarification for new users of RGR Japanese website, not everything on the lists are in stock. 品切れ中 next to most items means "out of stock". Only items with two prices listed are in stock.

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, disturbman said:

A little clarification for new users of RGR Japanese website, not everything on the lists are in stock. 品切れ中 next to most items means "out of stock". Only items with two prices listed are in stock.

In Chrome, right click + translate works fine too. 

On 9/1/2021 at 8:56 AM, JR East said:

Just to share with the community: 

• Even if a reference doesn't exist on the japanese site, you can query by email and RGR will look whether they can provide it (eg I've broken a coupler on my N'EX motor car, they don't have it but they'll order it for me). 

The dedicated RG-R thread here 

discussed (most of) this previously.

about the replacement parts, RG-R has a sizable collection of assy parts (in his physical store, one aisle is dedicated to assy parts!). If he doesn’t have it in stock, he orders it from KATO directly, which you can always see here: https://www.e-katomodels2.com/shop/c/c1002

so, if it’s on that website, he is able to get it.

same for Tomix btw https://www.tec-station.jp/shop/

Edited by Yavianice

You're right @Yavianice, it's exactly what they do for a Kato coupler for repairing my N'EX. Adn they obtained it in 24h. Very good customer care. 

Currently there just offering DHL for international deliveries (+ post for small low value parts like couplers)

Edited by JR East
Add. info about deliveries
9 hours ago, gavino200 said:

Just received my Series 100 Shinkansen Hikari. Can't wait to run it.

UPDhYKx.jpg?1

kDQmeQp.jpg?1

yak9s6t.jpg

A3EALeE.jpg

Definitely a nice train set. I'm not a big fan of Shinkansen, not because I don't like them but mainly because, if you want to run them in a full trainset mode, you need a lot of place what I don't have. 

• Like 1

And a little update ~~

On 9/3/2021 at 4:38 AM, gavino200 said:

Just received my Series 100 Shinkansen Hikari. Can't wait to run it.

20210902_211635.thumb.jpg.94b8ef678d2db679443bf871798245f6.jpg

20210902_211734.thumb.jpg.d0ca5187354258f04ae0d37d9c06cecd.jpg

20210902_212233.thumb.jpg.6d5685deb96b9a58ea1a3e449959e698.jpg

20210902_212329.thumb.jpg.ddcc03b1867626d6af78eb5bb5afc2f4.jpg

20210902_212419.thumb.jpg.13e88b6bc3e3d60f63eb20502f5d3315.jpg

Ditto @gavino200 🙂 The 100-series with 4 double deckers are just too attractive to resist....  

20210902_211820.thumb.jpg.a8584873b2a068273b6adc7b657cb072.jpg

And the replacement bus arrived finally ~ Now i'm not sure if Tomytec replaced Rail Rokko, or Rail Rokko simply replaced it for me... hhmmm ~~

• Like 8

Just received my latest order from RG-Rokko...Tomix C61-20, Ohafu 50 passenger car and some structure kits.  I ordered it on Friday 3 Sept. and it arrived at my door in Sydney, Australia at 3:30 pm Sunday 5 September!  Speedy service from DHL and competitive prices, superb packing and service from RG-Rokko!!

DSCF7878 (1).jpeg

• Like 6
On 9/4/2021 at 12:06 PM, JR 500系 said:

The 100-series with 4 double deckers are just too attractive to resist..

It’s definitely one of the more attractive shinkansen. I’m glad they’ve updated the 4 cars from the 2x 2 car set you had to replace car numbers on. When i first bought this set, I thought I had pantographs missing due to the positions where they’d been removed.

I actually sat in the dining car at an open day in Minami Fukuoka depot. 

Sad we’ve almost come to the end of twin deck bullet trains for the foreseeable future.

F51B6F4D-8A48-4201-B0DC-77E5E8850E42.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1