What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Kanpai Keith
3 hours ago, Englehart said:

Finally got a Double Crossover 🙂 after months of waiting thou it's an old one image.thumb.png.84273aed8cec96c9709d985b2a75829a.png

Very old one.  Why did you have trouble obtaining one?  I thought these were fairly common.

Edited by Kanpai Keith
4 hours ago, Englehart said:

Finally got a Double Crossover 🙂 after months of waiting thou it's an old one image.thumb.png.84273aed8cec96c9709d985b2a75829a.png

What make is that? An old Kato?

Kanpai Keith
21 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Tomix I believe, they used to have a brown roadbed.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Kanpai Keith said:

Very old one.  Why did you have trouble obtaining one?  I thought these were fairly common.

budget reasons 😀most of them sells aabout $20 or more, I got these 2 for only 10 bucks 🙂

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gavino200 said:

an old version of tomix the most old one since it's still have those manual black switches

• Like 2

Just over a week ago, Exhibit K turned up from HobbySearch: the Tomix 8734 WaMu 80000.

image.thumb.jpg.237ef99fe35d13a2513ef9a5d739308e.jpg

And then this weekend just been, I got to go to a train show! The first in nearly two years! And I picked these up for $5.00 - the Tomix 2006 catalog and a Greenmax 2004 one too! Strictly for reference, mind.

image.thumb.jpg.33abb7bd124f21c5827793313d8551fe.jpg

There was a bit of Japanese N scale running at the show but only one train to sell - looked like a 209 with a bilevel car but it was old, had no box, and was missing the rear cab car. So it stayed there. Besides, next package I get should have a C57 in it... oh, and I also spent up big on my Märklin addiction. 😁

• Like 4

I’ve been wanting this for sometime. Micro Ace 300 0 Series “J61” for JR Central. Perfect for running Hikari and Kodama Tokaido services. So far I’m pretty satisfied with it. 

B4ECA794-5345-4B68-BA03-BE2483145CB2.jpeg

1E944ED1-8475-4CB9-B79B-8E0A5166D477.jpeg

731BA786-84ED-4AB3-AC4E-FFA22D283999.jpeg

• Like 10
On 7/18/2021 at 7:43 PM, Madsing said:

I am curious to see what will happen now. RG Rokko will definitely try to help. What will Tomytec do?

On 7/18/2021 at 9:25 PM, roadstar_na6 said:

Please keep us posted about it, I'd like to know how Tomytec handles this.

On 7/19/2021 at 9:10 PM, Kamome said:

@JR 500系 Having dealt previously with Tomytec customer service, i would say they are very accommodating. The time scale could have been faster but I contacted them throughout the initial lockdown period in Japan so I certainly don’t have any issue with my dealing with them. 

Sure guys! I've wrote to Tokonami san at Rail Rokko, he is currently checking with Tomytec on this. I'm also quite curious if Tomytec would buy my story as i had no other way to clearly show the wheel axle was missing the moment i opened the 'blind' Tomytec box, unless of course i take a video each time i open blind boxes to show this.... I did took plently of photos of the singular box and the larger box and their serial numbers in case they require these.... 

And congrats @Szepessy Tibor san! So glad a forum member won and happy that you shared photos with us! It's a great looking model!

• Like 2

Got these today, finally. A train washing platform kit from, a Kato power unit I plan on putting into my B Train Shorty EF64, and some random bridge I hope to use on my track segments that currently are floating in the air on my shelf layout.

pEipAG8.jpg

Sad news is that there are new laws in place regarding packages from outside the EU, so everything gets taxed now. Such a shame. Got to be more careful with ordering train stuffs now

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
1 hour ago, Sheffie said:

Some more trees, because…
also, a new thing for me, lighting kits for coaches. 

16E46E92-31CC-401A-BB7B-5DA9C48AA5E1.thumb.jpeg.4108fe02ddcc46ccd5e753c18eec9123.jpeg

To avoid frustration, make sure you check all the contacts and bend if necessary to ensure they have good continuity. The brass strips and the contact points on the light units can sometimes ping off each other meaning it all works fine until you pop the body back on.

• Like 1
On 7/23/2021 at 9:46 PM, Kamome said:

To avoid frustration, make sure you check all the contacts and bend if necessary to ensure they have good continuity. The brass strips and the contact points on the light units can sometimes ping off each other meaning it all works fine until you pop the body back on.

Thanks. A couple of the cars were quite frustrating (especially the tail end) and there certainly was some bending of strips needed — but it all seems happy now. 

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 5
On 7/20/2021 at 1:42 PM, JR East said:

Hi Tibor, 

Congrats ! I sent 2 tickets to the lottery, and it seems I've lost. Anyway, you've got one of the 65 dedicated gold EF65. 

I don't know whether it comes from my screen (I don't think so, it's calibrated for photo post-processing ...)  or your picture, but the loc looks more bronze than gold, esp. compared to the box itself. It may be a matter of light too. 

I made some pics and vids in bright sunshine and shadow outside. Seems quite goldish. I will post them later.

The slow boat arrived.  Two orders from April 9 and April 15.

Greenmax Road Set,  wheel cleaning swabs, tram pantograph, Greenmax precolored local island platform, road lettering set and Tomix insulated joiners.

IMG_8712 1920 x1080.jpg

IMG_8713 1920 x1080.jpg

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 6

Third April parcel arrived today after a relaxing journey by slow boat. A couple of Tomytec buildings and another Greenmax sidewalk set.

IMG_8714 1920 x 1080.jpg

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 5
On 8/1/2021 at 3:36 AM, cteno4 said:

Ohhh the 100 really looks sharp as a fresh green!

They both do. Always loved that livery.

• Thanks 1
Das Steinkopf

Well I have been extremely lazy of late posting to this thread, even though I have been acquiring a fair bit of stuff. The reason why I am posting is that after a 6 year wait I have finally got all variants of the KoKi 100 series with the rerelease of the KoKi 105’s, I will be renumbering a pair with RLF decals when I receive them.

95736C55-96BE-4646-8E7A-CCB82D5E1E04.jpeg

• Like 6
Yavaris Forge

So this one is a bit tricky as my stuff isn't actually in my hands yet but the post delivered a package nonetheless. @roadstar_na6 asked me if I needed anything from YAJ and, to save international postage, he bought two lots on my behalf.

The first one was a bunch of Kato passenger cars (Mani60, Suha43 x2, Suhafu42, Oha47) and the second one were two old Kato Kihas that were listed as 'junk' items. So far the motor in one car doesn't seem to be working, but I feel like doing some train doctoring.

So now I got a reason to visit @roadstar_na6's club's layout once again to grab my stuff. 😄

image0.thumb.jpg.e0ad0af6b97845b9c27ccace28f0648a.jpg

• Like 8