What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

11 minutes ago, inobu said:

I had a feeling.....So I ended up calling the online shop to verify my order and sure enough it turns out they did not have any of the items.

They stated that they will order it and when it comes in they will ship. Uhhh, I don't think so. I canceled the order. 

I'm curious, was that a US store? I'm encountering this business model more and more. Basically, instead of stocking items they order it themselves after you order it from them. It's a real time waster. At best it takes longer than ordering directly from Japan. At worst it takes a long time before you realize you have to go back to square one on your search.

20 minutes ago, JR East said:

I must say that RG-ROKKO is incredibly professional. The box has been opened for putting small foam dampers all around each car to protect it .... Whaou effect... Japanese service with a capital "S",

Put into a plastic bag to protect it.

1939249819_SaphirOdoriko1.thumb.jpg.3596a3f64b9170833b9aad90a8de853d.jpg

I think the weird plastic bag is from Kato, to protect the fancy shiny blue box. Mine came from HS and had the exact same bag. 

Delt with this crappy business model a few times. Cheaper pricing is passed onto the consumer, but they cannot supply your order half the time.

Last and final time was a three week wait and whole order held up for a single item they couldn't get. Then the order got sent.

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1
Yugamu Tsuki

Won a retweet campaign and found myself with 10000yen in amazon gift cards so I grabbed one of these beauties.

yamanote.jpg

• Like 9
46 minutes ago, Yugamu Tsuki said:

Won a retweet campaign and found myself with 10000yen in amazon gift cards so I grabbed one of these beauties.

yamanote.jpg

Nice. I regret not snapping up one of those. I hope there's a re-release.

4 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Nice. I regret not snapping up one of those. I hope there's a re-release.

These basis sets with models of well-known trains come out pretty regularly, it's pretty likely you could find one somewhere most of the time.

• Thanks 1

From what Tokonami-san said, he also test the trains before shipping. To be sure everything is in order.

7 hours ago, JR East said:

I must say that RG-ROKKO is incredibly professional. The box has been opened for putting small foam dampers all around each car to protect it ....

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, disturbman said:

From what Tokonami-san said, he also test the trains before shipping. To be sure everything is in order.

Yap, and i must say, one of the best Customer Service ever.... he allows holding of items, has some rare items, flexibility on shipping, expert advise, etc. really all out to serve his customers... 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Yap, and i must say, one of the best Customer Service ever.... he allows holding of items, has some rare items, flexibility on shipping, expert advise, etc. really all out to serve his customers... 

On top of that, they  enclosed a post card for the Gold EF65 Lottery. Posting it from France as 'postcard' is not possible as everything is written in Japanese on it ... thus I raised the question and less than 8 hours after, I received a very clear mail with PDF attached to explain how to fill it and where to send it (see attachment). That is what customer care should always be everywhere in the world. 

Thus I deciced to order again from them. Now I can be confident. Another great thing, you can"t order more than they have in stock. I dediced to purchase several similar freight cars and at a moment, I was not able to order more than 3 units as they were not in stock. That's what I'm appreciate. Of course you can preoder ... but at least, if you're able to order online, that's because they'are really in stock (not what I read on page 505). 

I went to Japan more than 10 times and,even 20 years after my first travel, I'm still surprised how they do their job more than properly and efficiently. 

Meanwhile, can somebody tell me whether - If I'm receiving another 'Godl EF65 card' - I can send it again or is the lottery bound to one unique participation (same name / same address) ? 

KATOEF65-Application postcard address.pdf

• Like 3

As there were no signs of the narita express arriving in my local hobby shop I decided to buy the Kato 10-1522,353/Azusa.

i ll still get the 259 when it becomes available again but this will do for now😂😂👍it was a toss up between the two anyway!

The 4 car,tho not very prototypical looks just right for the size of the layout.

The platforms will be for a small freight yard.

721CCD64-62F6-4FA2-9626-8D3CEB38F5A5.thumb.jpeg.a8ab57723d02afe6135dca0cd36a584b.jpeg

240B513C-A91B-47A3-93E7-ED1C074AFFA0.thumb.jpeg.3905d842bc100bc69a149f58a11b23df.jpeg

708E2773-4C5F-4A81-B67F-5AA0D08F16D8.thumb.jpeg.c772a339bbc4a611575ed8654fe30c1c.jpeg

• Like 9

While the E259  is only 6-car sets, there are Japanese train sets that have 4-car and 6-car sets so the consist can be anything from 4 cars to 12 cars depending on the demand.

• Thanks 1

A bunch of separate impulse purchases all arrived together from Nariichi at MTP. I've wanted the EH500 and the Red Bear for the longest time. But the transformer heavy load thing is a bit unnecessary. And, for the life of me, I can't remember what I thought I would do with twelve Toyota containers! I've only ever had one Toyota, and I liked it a lot, but still. Well, I guess I'll find a use. I have them now.

x7JQO1G.jpg?1

• Like 7
1 hour ago, gavino200 said:

I can't remember what I thought I would do with twelve Toyota containers! I've only ever had one Toyota, and I liked it a lot, but still. Well, I guess I'll find a use. I have them now.

Toyota Longpass Express?  It even uses an EH500 for some of its route.

Its a leased train like the M250s for Sagawa Express.

Edited by EdF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But the transformer heavy load thing is a bit unnecessary.

Heresy! Burn him!

jeff

• Haha 2
43 minutes ago, EdF said:

Toyota Longpass Express?  It even uses an EH500 for some of its route.

Its a leased train like the M250s for Sagawa Express.

Wow! What a stroke of luck. I should probably try to procure another dozen!

Edit: As luck would have it there's another pre-order open! Another dozen ordered.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10680948

Toyota Longpass Express, on the way!

Edited by gavino200
1 hour ago, EdF said:

Are you going to also get koki105s?  They are also on preorder.

I have a 10 car set of grey Kokis and about four blue Kokis. Some of the pictures I looked at have a mix of the two. So I'll be alright with that for now. But probably in the future I will. 

Edited by gavino200
3 hours ago, gavino200 said:

But the transformer heavy load thing is a bit unnecessary.

Don't let the wives (and partners) win. 

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Kamome said:

Don't let the wives (and partners) win. 

I don't even know what I'd run it with. I guess I could just add it to a rake of TaKis or KoKis. But that's it. Other than my Super Rail Cargo I don't have any other freight trains. 

I could always make a scene of a transformer being delivered to a sub station. I'll have to think on it a bit. I was tempted to buy a whole rake of them, but I don't think that really happens. 

• Like 1

Other than my Super Rail Cargo I don't have any other freight trains. 

Give it time, give it time, you already have kokis...

jeff

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, gavino200 said:

I don't even know what I'd run it with. I guess I could just add it to a rake of TaKis or KoKis. But that's it. Other than my Super Rail Cargo I don't have any other freight trains. 

The Shiki 1000s are meant to run behind the locomotive and are sometimes seen with Taki or Koki consists behind them. Nothing wrong with what you have but it sounds like you need to rectify your lack of freight traffic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

I'm glad i'm not that into kokis and cargo freight trains, it would really be the end of my wallet....

There is always a first.