What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Looks very nice @serotta1972

I saw the roundhouse version too which looks very attractive. I'm not that familiar with Keikyu new or old apart from the Red 1000 series trains but found a nice video on the Kato Youtube channel. Is the whole Keikyu network what looks to be standard gauge?

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 2
serotta1972

@KamomeThanks for sharing the video, now I know what number to put on them.  Yeah, me too - the only Keikyu I know about are the 1000 and only bought the DeHa 268 as a souvenir from the Hobby Center. 😁

3F9B3D13-6BD4-469E-B133-5DCE22B854B3.jpeg

Edited by serotta1972
  • Like 2
49 minutes ago, Kamome said:

Is the whole Keikyu network what looks to be standard gauge?

Yes, and by extension the Toei Asakusa Line, and by further extension the Keisei network (which was converted to standard gauge for through-running).

(Poor Toei has three different gauges spread over its 4 lines)

• Like 2

Hello, 

waiting that to be delivered on Apr. 1st 

https://rg-rokko.com/products/detail/1075 (Kato 10-1644) JR E261 Series Safir ... I saw a picture of it and really felt in love. What is great is the fabulous color gradient, really gorgeous. 

and 

https://rg-rokko.com/products/detail/316 (Kato 10-1378) JR 313-3000 Series - I love this two cars unit. I get a ride in them couple of time. Nostalgia ... Nostalgia

Of course I've ordered internal lighting for both. 

I'll show you once delivered

On 3/28/2021 at 3:55 AM, disturbman said:

Gavino now knows. He bought a second E259 set. Little did he know he would soon do it for other trains in his collection.

When possible, I always like to have a second (or third) of the same train to run them parallel to each others. That is, if I can have different running numbers. Even if they are not readable, it irks me to run similarly numbered trains together.

It’s true. I have two Sunrise Expresses. And soon I’ll have two 16 car 700 series Shinkansens. One Kato and one Tomix “Ambitious Japan” Version.

It’s a bit extravagant as there are so many other trains that I want to have. But I just can’t resist!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, gavino200 said:

It’s true. I have two Sunrise Expresses. And soon I’ll have two 16 car 700 series Shinkansens. One Kato and one Tomix “Ambitious Japan” Version.

It’s a bit extravagant as there are so many other trains that I want to have. But I just can’t resist!

I know that feeling so well!, but hey,we re worth it!😂😂😂👍

• Like 1
3 hours ago, gavino200 said:

It’s true. I have two Sunrise Expresses.

Jr West and JR Central only have 5 Series 285 trains.  Only 3 more to go!!!!

• Haha 2
12 hours ago, railsquid said:

Yes, and by extension the Toei Asakusa Line, and by further extension the Keisei network (which was converted to standard gauge for through-running).

(Poor Toei has three different gauges spread over its 4 lines)

Also Keikyu trains run through onto Keisei which also is standard gauge.

DHL got here one day early. Got the West Express Ginga, 3 ShiKi 1000s and some accessories. Also got a book on current tourist trains.

IMG_5760.thumb.JPG.cdedc2e2a0d5600b6d8e2adb9af0c1ab.JPGIMG_5761.thumb.JPG.8f1af9285f1527d50fec16a9c4d9586b.JPG

• Like 8

My Saphir arrived today. This was sort of an impulse buy. I didn't order it originally because I'd never heard of the train until I saw the Kato release poster. Finally, I succumbed to Kato's brilliant "special box" strategy. I was having a bit of buyer's remorse and was worried I'd be disappointed when it arrived. But I'm not disappointed. At all. It's a beautiful model. Beautiful design, beautiful color. It's immediately one of my favorites. I can't wait to see how it runs!

ivXhWTh.jpg

8dpxQJZ.jpg?1

Oi4mMob.jpg?1

V5NSln2.jpg

• Like 7
3 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

My Saphir arrived today. This was sort of an impulse buy. I didn't order it originally because I'd never heard of the train until I saw the Kato release poster. Finally, I succumbed to Kato's brilliant "special box" strategy. I was having a bit of buyer's remorse and was worried I'd be disappointed when it arrived. But I'm not disappointed. At all. It's a beautiful model. Beautiful design, beautiful color. It's immediately one of my favorites. I can't wait to see how it runs!

ivXhWTh.jpg

8dpxQJZ.jpg?1

Oi4mMob.jpg?1

V5NSln2.jpg

Nice,stunning colour👍😀

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, bill937ca said:

Jr West and JR Central only have 5 Series 285 trains.  Only 3 more to go!!!!

I really like it. If I ever get to travel to Japan again I'm going to spend a night on it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Pauljag900 said:

I know that feeling so well!, but hey,we re worth it!😂😂😂👍

You should see the look of incomprehension on my wife's face.

Her: "Is that two of the exact same train?".

Me:  "Yes!, it's awsomee, isn't it?".

Her: "....."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
14 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

You should see the look of incomprehension on my wife's face.

Her: "Is that two of the exact same train?".

Me:  "Yes!, it's awsomee, isn't it?".

Her: "....."

yep,nothing strange about her reaction there Gavin,perfectly normal!😂😂they just do nt get it do they?😂they think it’s just a hobby,surely by now they d realise it’s an obsession and we need help!😂😂 and when they react like that what do we do? We buy another train!!😂😂👍

• Haha 1

Hmm, let me see how that would go:

Me: "It fulfills my sense of aesthetics"

Her: "Didn't you fulfill that last month?"

Me: "......"

• Haha 2

Such a sense can never be fully fulfilled and needs to be regularly toped off. More or less intensively depending on character.

Or you can try: "It's how I escape the inescapable feeling of dread that death fills me with."

Be creative. You'll find one that works.

• Haha 3

I got away with it for years by sending everything to my mother in laws who was very good at keeping quiet.

my wife never came in my man cave so it was fine.THEN ONE DAY! Fukuoka was almost complete with about 35 trains on it and I d left my phone in the house and got a call so she brought it to me,I thought it strange when she did nt go straight back in the house.

when the call ended she just looked at me and said,what the f....,where has all this come from!!😂😂😂I just smiled and said”I know,I can t help myself!” She said well I suggest you start trying!,! 😂😂😂😂

true story gents👍

• Haha 5
1 minute ago, Pauljag900 said:

I got away with it for years by sending everything to my mother in laws who was very good at keeping quiet.

my wife never came in my man cave so it was fine.THEN ONE DAY! Fukuoka was almost complete with about 35 trains on it and I d left my phone in the house and got a call so she brought it to me,I thought it strange when she did nt go straight back in the house.

when the call ended she just looked at me and said,what the f....,where has all this come from!!😂😂😂I just smiled and said”I know,I can t help myself!” She said well I suggest you start trying!,! 😂😂😂😂

true story gents👍

Hilarious. I love it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, gavino200 said:

LOL. I'll let you know how it goes. If you don't hear from me again, you'll know what happened!

should we fear the worst?😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Actually, full disclosure, she's pretty tolerant of my model train obsession. But without her influence I'd be tempted to have a standing order to buy every train released, sight unseen. I sometimes wonder if there's anyone out there who does that. I envy them!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Actually, full disclosure, she's pretty tolerant of my model train obsession. But without her influence I'd be tempted to have a standing order to buy every train released, sight unseen. I sometimes wonder if there's anyone out there who does that. I envy them!

I m sure there is mate,and mine s pretty much the same.

but I always say that it’s better than being in the pub or betting shop,for me I ve not a lot else to spend it on at 62.😂😂

• Like 1