What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

14 hours ago, marknewton said:

Nice - one of the Giesl ejector conversions. Bet it isn't your last D51, either! 😊

All the best,

Mark.

Yeah, I think it isn´t the last one. If I get the chance to organize Kato 2016-3 again, it will definitely be 4 locomotives. It fits wonderfully into my collection from the 1970s

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

Any excuse,why do we always blame someone else for our weaknesses

Actually it was a collective that beat me down. Shigemon for a great video, Kato for a great model and Ami Ami for a great price. I didn’t stand a chance!

• Haha 2
56 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Yeah, I think it isn´t the last one. If I get the chance to organize Kato 2016-3 again, it will definitely be 4 locomotives. It fits wonderfully into my collection from the 1970s

I remember thinking that owning four D51s was enough. I now have eight! 🤨

Cheers,

Mark.

• Haha 2

It's been a while since I last logged in and in that time the postman has been busy bringing me - or is in the process of - odd bits and pieces. A new nose cone for my 500 Series Shinkansen ex-America (courtesy the previous owner who helped track it down), some miscellaneous Kato and Popondetta rolling stock from HobbySearch, a brand new Kato 8620 class steam locomotive and matching car set have already arrived.

And after Christmas there will be more: an ED75 chassis and a set of ToRa 55000 gondolas are in transit from Zenmarket, a pair of 5001-1 and 5002-1 coaches and the original 8027 gondolas are waiting for dispatch, and I've just snagged a Kato C12 into the bargain locally. Then unless someone tempts me the only confirmed acquisitions after that will be the Tomix 98713 and 98735 sets when HobbySearch can get them in. Oh, and maybe an appropriate locomotive to haul that '735 set...

I have to admit, I've fallen in love with my 8620. It has a special meaning too, since I stood in the cab of the 8620 at Ome and watched workmen in Kyoto overhauling the 8630 during my first (and most recent) trip to Japan last year. Such a lovely model and it runs well, I'd love to have another one and am just waiting and watching in case one comes up at the right price.

IMG_4487.JPG

• Like 13

My first passanger train, a station platform isle and a bunch of minor stuff arrived from amazon.jp today. 😃

I guess I'm not the first one to feel more than a little bit daunted by all those bits and stickers. 😅

CIjQqqKZ.jpg large.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

The E127 seems a bit out of your typical focus compared to what you have showed us so far 🙂  Is it the Kato or the MA set?

BTW, love that SBB ruler.

I received one package today from a fellow forum member (1st photo) and I had gotten one other item on an auction site a few days ago (2nd photo). You may have recently viewed the two electrics in the For Sale or Trade Classifieds. 😊

chikis.thumb.jpg.3f8bc7c712481f0ed6fbc1db3aa07d5c.jpgkoki.thumb.jpg.75ee17cb5bcfa8616536cd955e7c686a.jpg

• Like 7

I really outta kick myself hard. YES really. or go slam my fingers in a door or something.... 

Why did i eventually venture into the H island... Why why why...

Ordered this guy  and then this guy  just because i thought they looked very nice and were rather hard to find... I hope i dont regret my decision later... seriously.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Blame 2020, it's what I do.

Meanwhile another surprise from MicroAce:

50750519677_4e9fc51acd_z.jpg

MicroAce DD50 (DD50 4/5) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

the surprise being that it purred away smoothly out of the box with nary a rattle or screech and is in tip-top condition for a second-hand loco, or more precisely pair of locos. MicroAce being MicroAce the unpowered half of the ensemble has exactly the same weighty chassis as the powered half, minus the motor and bogie tower gearing, and has a substantial gap between units which can probably be improved with some knuckle couplers or something. But overall very nice.

• Like 10
On 12/15/2020 at 2:00 AM, railsquid said:

I managed to snap the KiHa 52 as the unit went by on the return trip:

50718902542_2f89042b92_z.jpg

Tomix-KiHa 52-100 series by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Few Days, ago, I saw a Documentation from the 70s on YT, in the second half they showed a Branchline with miltiple samples of such strange DMU combinations...

Strange Combinations from 10.17 and again from 13.49 and very Stranger DMU Combi from 17:42.

Film is from 1968

Edited by Steve
  • Like 2

Like Katoftw I also got the reissue of the Hayato No Kaze train having travelled on the real thing last March (2019). About 90GBP delivered to the UK then stung for 29GBP customs and handling. That almost always happens when I use EMS.

8C459910-0ADF-4E1E-953A-AC56F264E8AE.jpeg

A0D180AE-EC52-4FA8-9E9F-FAC8D8D118B1.jpeg

Edited by tridentalx
  • Like 7
2 hours ago, tridentalx said:

Like Katoftw I also got the reissue of the Hayato No Kaze train having travelled on the real thing last March (2019). About 90GBP delivered to the UK then stung for 29GBP customs and handling. That almost always happens when I use EMS.

8C459910-0ADF-4E1E-953A-AC56F264E8AE.jpeg

A0D180AE-EC52-4FA8-9E9F-FAC8D8D118B1.jpeg

And it is great that the reissue is the correct colour this time around.

Das Steinkopf
On 23 December 2020 at 11:04 PM, JR 500系 said:

I really outta kick myself hard. YES really. or go slam my fingers in a door or something.... 

Why did i eventually venture into the H island... Why why why...

Ordered this guy  and then this guy  just because i thought they looked very nice and were rather hard to find... I hope i dont regret my decision later... seriously.... 

Because you're always a sucker for a pretty train 😝😛😝😛

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, Steve said:

Few Days, ago, I saw a Documentation from the 70s on YT, in the second half they showed a Branchline with miltiple samples of such strange DMU combinations...

Strange Combinations from 10.17 and again from 13.49 and very Stranger DMU Combi from 17:42.

Film is from 1968

I am a big fan of varied non-uniform rakes of whatever, though the closest I get to that these days is seeing the E231 Yamanote Line six door replacement cars which were integrated into E235 units.

Anyway, back on topic, this turned up the other day:

kato-10-564_01.thumb.jpg.92978011bbfcf7402401abb48cfbbbf0.jpg

which confused the heck of me as I find sleeper trains a bit zzz, and more worryingly had no idea why I would have ordered an add-on set for something I don't even own.

Fortunately all was revealed inside:

kato-10-564_02.thumb.jpg.f37a715f58dd13a39db75b383ef0c6ca.jpg

• Like 5