What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

My first N-scale rolling stock have arrived with the mail!  😄

A Z-scale Kiha52 was the only thing I owned before and this was the first time I ever coupled two model train cars together.

After a little bit of practice with a wooden stick I found that shunting cars with rapido couplers isn't at all as bad I had been led to believe. I managed to complete my first couple of Ingelhook shunting puzzle sessions without any uncoupling related derailments. As I'm still waiting for my first locomotive to arrive, the stick had to double as a locomotive besides of doing the uncoupling work and operating the points.

Stuff in the photo:

Kato 10-1599 Hangawa line freight car set

Kato 8006 refrigerated box car

Kat0 8039 pair of brown wamus.

Track from Tomix sets 90947 and Tomix 91092

a wooden stick

first train cars.jpeg

• Like 13

Today I got to get a new high rise for my layout, and a new high speed train. I chose the starter set, as I need another DC controller for the DC Shinkansen track.

The 4 car expansion set should arrive this friday.

20201111_204507.thumb.jpg.0a3ae654ce08b69497c0d95cd27eacf9.jpg

How it looks on the layout:

20201111_204249.thumb.jpg.2d5d95f99e2701811d7b57f27cd6d3f0.jpg

• Like 13
6 hours ago, Waisneed said:

Today I got to get a new high rise for my layout, and a new high speed train. I chose the starter set, as I need another DC controller for the DC Shinkansen track.

The 4 car expansion set should arrive this friday.

Is it just me, or do i see a 4-car Kato 500 series starter set on the 1st pic but an EVA 500 on the 2nd?  😛

• Like 3
1 hour ago, JR 500系 said:

Is it just me, or do i see a 4-car Kato 500 series starter set on the 1st pic but an EVA 500 on the 2nd?  😛

👍😂

I think the focus of the second pic is the new "high rise" for the layout 🙂

• Like 2

Nice!This is how out of touch I am with gaming these days. I wasn’t aware the X had been released yet. I am assuming this is the new offering from Microsoft. What version of DOS does it come with? 😄

Although i’d like to think of my pioneering gaming days playing Wolfenstein 3D and X-wing on a 386, I did have an Xbox 360 but totally missed the last generation of consoles. I am tempted by Densha de Go on either PS4/5 or Switch to get me back into consoles though. You’ll have to keep us posted on how the new iteration is. I am unlikely to find too much in Japan as Sony and Nintendo seem to rule the roost here.

• Like 1

It is indeed, to show off the nee high rise. The JR 500 should enter service on friday.

The new high rise features such goodies as a GUI environment for DOS, I think hole-in-the-wall X ^^;;

I already tried some 360 games on it, they worked flawlessly. And it's heavy, compact and silent.

Also, tried another placement.

20201112_113501.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Looks a bit like an ash tray you find at Aeon Malls.

That original Sega Master System is more interesting. I had the second version with Alex Kid in Miracle World built in. Wish I had kept my old consoles now.

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 1

Super fast service from Model Trains Plus.  I ordered a few items last week but then sent an e-mail to Nariichi asking about some additional items that were not shown on his web site.  I received an invoice at 3:23 AM Monday morning, paid the invoice later that morning (Monday evening Japan time) and received the package yesterday afternoon via DHL.  The two main items are the KiHa set and the HoKi set.

Tony

KIHA 40 set.jpg

HOKI 800 set.jpg

• Like 11

I wasn't looking honest guv! put in a bid and only went and won it! had a quick look in the box and I must say they look very impressive and as I have a Kato shorty unit some where looks like one might end up running this weekend.. you get two in a box!! bargain :-) 

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Tonytramman said:

you get two in a box!! bargain

thats what they all say at the beginning. Next you start buying bogies, motor units, couplers, and eventually you end up in the corner hiding from your credit card behind a huge pile of empty Btrain shorty boxes. 

jeff 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, cteno4 said:

thats what they all say at the beginning. Next you start buying bogies, motor units, couplers, and eventually you end up in the corner hiding from your credit card behind a huge pile of empty Btrain shorty boxes. 

jeff 

must be strong ..

• Haha 2
Claude_Dreyfus

Oh no, he's gone and got another EF64! I haven't bought a book set from Japan for a while, but have had my eye on this one for a bit. Nicely in keeping with my Chuo/Shinonoi line theme, as well as being something a bit interesting...and I like EF64s (this one being the EF64 1000).

IMG_4099.thumb.JPG.c3ba77d3d0a3b66d3a01297bf2d31d4d.JPG

I'll have to watch out for the extension pack in the future...but that's for the future...

This was my first DHL from Japan and was extremely efficient; although I am not 100% sure what the DHL Payment Deferment Risk charge was for, and why it needed to be as high as £11.

• Like 7
Das Steinkopf
20 hours ago, Claude_Dreyfus said:

Oh no, he's gone and got another EF64! I haven't bought a book set from Japan for a while, but have had my eye on this one for a bit. Nicely in keeping with my Chuo/Shinonoi line theme, as well as being something a bit interesting...and I like EF64s (this one being the EF64 1000).

IMG_4099.thumb.JPG.c3ba77d3d0a3b66d3a01297bf2d31d4d.JPG

One of my first electric was a EF64-1000 as my idea was to have an alternate history of the Iida-sen where the branch from Chubu Tenryu to Tenryu Futamata had been constructed and freight services were still running,, I was going to use a small mix of locomotives for it but my fleet spiralled out of control with the types of locomotives and number of them, I now have a fleet of 7 diesels and 16 electrics.

1 hour ago, Das Steinkopf said:

my fleet spiralled out of control with the types of locomotives and number of them, I now have a fleet of 7 diesels and 16 electrics.

I'm not sure you know what "spiralling out of control" means 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

a tram, i cant read Japanese but hey do have a tradition of special decorations on trams and flower cars, i'm sure I read an article  somewhere about it but cant find it right now..

Edited by Tonytramman
Das Steinkopf
10 hours ago, railsquid said:

I'm not sure you know what "spiralling out of control" means 😉

Considering I started off with the intention of only modelling contemporary Keihan Keishin and now have that running from the mid too late 80s to current day, add to that contemporary JRF, JR Tokai, Kumaden and now Meitetsu I wouldn't say it's been a controlled descent into the abyss. Mind you I don't have Blue era BR or 1980's DB running next to my Japanese stock, mind you I think a OO scale Dukedog or Pannier would look rather odd on the layout.

Edited by Das Steinkopf

This all seem under control to me, except perhaps Kumaden. I'm surprised that you haven't (yet) expanded to all the other companies plying the region. You are still missing some JR West, Hankyu, Kyoto subway, Kintetsu...

• Haha 1