What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Random Akihabara haul:

akihabara-misc-2020-11-06.thumb.jpg.59606567eb79e4e6a05807aee42c51e5.jpg

The Kato book case and three cases on the right are empty. The locomotive is the new EF64-0 model, and the passenger cars for bulking out my E353 basic set to an unprototypical 6 cars :D. Container "toplifter" because there was a small stash at reasonable prices and I just know the day will come when I will regret not acquiring one. And a bunch of Tomix 209/E231/E233 number transfers, because always useful to have spares.

• Like 10
12 minutes ago, railsquid said:

Random Akihabara haul:

The Kato book case and three cases on the right are empty. The locomotive is the new EF64-0 model, and the passenger cars for bulking out my E353 basic set to an unprototypical 6 cars :D. Container "toplifter" because there was a small stash at reasonable prices and I just know the day will come when I will regret not acquiring one. And a bunch of Tomix 209/E231/E233 number transfers, because always useful to have spares.

Man it truely is interesting to be able to walk into a hobby shop and pick up bits and pieces like this!  🙂 I heard there are treasures hidden in the endless stash of used single car carriages and body shells ~ 😛

• Like 6
3 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Man it truely is interesting to be able to walk into a hobby shop and pick up bits and pieces like this!  🙂 I heard there are treasures hidden in the endless stash of used single car carriages and body shells ~ 😛

I would love to be able to walk in to a hobby shop and find stuff like this...but then I would have to sacrifice little things like being able to eat..😞

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
4 hours ago, nah00 said:

I would love to be able to walk in to a hobby shop and find stuff like this...but then I would have to sacrifice little things like being able to eat..😞

I do nt think you’d be on your own there mate👍😂

• Haha 3
53 minutes ago, Waisneed said:

Just arrived early this morning.

Now I need only to understand the instructions.

f5b849ab-bd64-44df-9a29-75742835efe7.thumb.jpg.ee16daad3c2a6a7bbca22cb8d456277d.jpgeb0dbe59-1828-4821-8c48-85e207e2b109.thumb.jpg.df564f19f33fb60d5cc437f7f04aaf50.jpg

something else I think most of us have in common!👍😂

• Like 1

The diagram was self explanatory, but getting the decoder to work took slightly longer.

Here, have a short configuration of E353 and my new EF64 with some "left over" E353 cars.

20201107_154025.thumb.jpg.4474779cea69613f4e08da06fec2fbc0.jpg

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Waisneed said:

The diagram was self explanatory, but getting the decoder to work took slightly longer.

I feel your pain. I wish they all came with those six pin connectors.

• Like 2
Das Steinkopf
On 11/6/2020 at 11:53 PM, JR 500系 said:

On 11/7/2020 at 3:05 AM, nah00 said:

My experience from walking into numerous hobby stores in Japan is "oh my god where to start", when you walk in the store time is of the essence and you don't want to spend more than a hour in each one but you know that is not long enough to have a proper look. I remember on my first trip in 2015 going to Tam Tam and Popondetta in Akihabara as well as a number of other stores and spending half a day doing that, my wife got a bit frustrated when we were in Tokyo the kids and I demanded to go to Akihabara 3 times, if we had done a solid day there as first planned we probably would have seen and done everything we wanted to, but my wife had decided otherwise and we derailed her plans. On the second trip in 2017 she decided to make sure we had enough time to visit the shops we wanted to so we could structure everything thing else we wanted to do around that and keep our plans on track. Mind you she had us do a day trip and travel all the way to Matsushima Kaigan just north of Sendai so she could buy some Kokeshi dolls, that said I decided to go wandering and found the stunning Godaido Matsushima which straddles a group of rocky outcrops in the bay.

Godaido Matsushima.

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 12

The best is probably to allocate half day so each person can run their own errands. I would love to be able to go back to Pochi or Poppondetta to look through their second hand sets and junk cars.

8 hours ago, miyakoji said:

Are the 185 series in regular use at all anymore?

Yup, still a few sets knocking around, particularly on the routes north of Ueno.

• Like 3