What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

1 hour ago, Das Steinkopf said:

Hey you need shelter so you have somewhere to run your trains and keep them safe from the elements.

This man, he gets it! 😉

Of course needed for the trains, I meant for the people. But you can always then sleep under the layout which is protected of course.

jeff

• Haha 1

I've run assorted things which handle R150s in a camper van before now. Not hard to build a PWM controller with a 12v DC (or even 5v DC from USB) input...

• Like 1

I'm gonna start buying trains that I haven't ridden again but will on my next trip to Japan in 202??? - buying only trains I've ridden is too constricting. 🙂  Let's start with the Tomix Skyliner, I will take this train into Tokyo next time instead of the NEX.

IMG_7169.jpg

IMG_7170.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
4 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

I'm gonna start buying trains that I haven't ridden again but will on my next trip to Japan in 202??? - buying only trains I've ridden is too constricting. 🙂  Let's start with the Tomix Skyliner, I will take this train into Tokyo next time instead of the NEX.

That really is a good buy! I am very pleased with how Tomix made the skyliner, even though i didnt wanna start another PTE rail... But this one is too nice to miss.... 

By the way, i dont think taking the skyliner into Tokyo is a good choice... cause... Keisei Ueno station is a LONG LONG walk... unless you alight at Nippori though ~ Even in these times, i am still having fun with Hyperdia planning this and that even though i cant go..  ~ Well half the fun is planning! 

• Like 1

So my first Rail Rokko order arrived, and i am very pleased at how well the parcel was secured! 

20200901_185054.thumb.jpg.a87a1658e06b9a266c8d9e162976fc0f.jpg

20200901_185132.thumb.jpg.e9efa7f4bf3aa3cc817199385f41c3ec.jpg

20200901_185206.thumb.jpg.2eae341045fa9d119e9c5464873d2478.jpg

I just like how they wrapped everything with bubble wrap, even small little items like the JC25 couplers ~

20200901_185314.thumb.jpg.6bb5b4e29b23accdb8dcdb2f3bee347e.jpg

What's better than a bubble wrap is a shrink wrap beneath it! 

20200901_185342.thumb.jpg.9db05b8f39de8ade08fce14b870501bf.jpg

The 22000 series ACE Renewal... I love this one for the renewal colour...

20200901_185449.thumb.jpg.dc9ec27ebf70db59c05fdf7fb8235347.jpg

Hope i am not bitten too badly by the Kintetsu bug... seems alot of my recent purchases seemed to be Kintetsu... 

20200901_185504.thumb.jpg.47c57a1933406ec4fa07f6c78c56fbfc.jpg

I basically got sold on that small logo... like literally... 

• Like 7
3 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

So my first Rail Rokko order arrived, and i am very pleased at how well the parcel was secured! 

Happy that you're happy with RG-R 😄 Btw, does this set have destination sign stickers? Some of my other Greenmax sets do, some don't, not really sure when I should expect them.

3 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

That really is a good buy! I am very pleased with how Tomix made the skyliner, even though i didnt wanna start another PTE rail... But this one is too nice to miss.... 

By the way, i dont think taking the skyliner into Tokyo is a good choice... cause... Keisei Ueno station is a LONG LONG walk... unless you alight at Nippori though ~ Even in these times, i am still having fun with Hyperdia planning this and that even though i cant go..  ~ Well half the fun is planning! 

I've actually been staying near the Ueno Station so I should've already taken the Skyliner for convenience.  I already have an itinerary if I were to go to Japan tomorrow, yes planning is definitely fun. 🙂

3 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Hope i am not bitten too badly by the Kintetsu bug... seems alot of my recent purchases seemed to be Kintetsu... 

I basically got sold on that small logo... like literally... 

I'm on the fence on that train because if I were to get it then I will end up getting others. 🙂 Remember I sold you my GM Kintetsu trains years ago.

FINALLY!

After six months, i finally got my long-awaited Saikyo Line 205 Series from Buyee!

205.jpg

Auction won on March 16th - SAL shipped on the 23rd - sent back to the sender on the 15th of April, reprocessed on the 4th of August - Arrived in Italy on the 13th... but the story's not complete...

... because i had left for Croatia the day before!

I obiviously left a note for the deliveryman stating "please deliver to XYZ adress (my grandmother's one, i had also left her with about 50€ of cash to pay the dreaded "ransom money" from the customs) instead".

I did not know what went wrong, but they "attempted the delivery" in the morning, and then returned the package to my local post office (wich is about 700m from my doorstep).

They "attempted delivery" six more times within the next three days, each time with the package being returned to the post office.

Meanwhile, i was six-hunderd kilometers away, on the Island of Brac, attempting to contact the post office by phone. I called on the afternoon of the 13th, and they did not answer.

I called the following morning, and they didn't answer either. Over the following four days i attempted to call the post office fourteen more times. None of the calls was answered.

After one last attempt at calling, on the evening of the 17th, i called my grandmother (wich lives even nearer the post office) telling her "please, nonna, could you go and see if you can take my package at the post office (provided with adress, tracking and postage numbers etc..)?"

She went, and in the first single case of an overzealous person working for posteitaliane, they told her that if i wanted to have my package taken up by someone else i had to be phisically present there with my ID card".
And then, you have the mailmens that do not even bother to check who are they giving the package at.

At this point i was furious, i'm pretty sure they heard my bestemmie all the way in Chiba Prefecture, where the package originated.

Frustrated above evry single expectation, i called my grandmother for the last time and i told her, "please, check if something's wrong with the sign".

There was nothing wrong with the sign.

All hopes abandoned, in the early afternoon of the 18th, i recieved a call from my grandmother: the package had been delivered to her earlier in the morning.

I never felt so relived. Not even the 38€ of ransom money bothered me.

I returned to Italy on the 27th and i finally got my package after six months, fifteen days, twenty phonecalls, twelve e-mails and a ton of swearing (of wich, the latter three directed to or against PosteItaliane).

Of course, as soon as i got home, i wrote and sent a lenghty complaint letter to Postetialiane, wich will be probably befriended by the other 500 in the trash can.

Epilogue of the story:

This morning i recieved a mail from the postal service (the Japanese - not the Italian one!), apologizing for the delay (apparently, between April and August my package was lost among the mountain of returned packages).

PosteItaliane is still not answering the goddamn phone.

Edited by Socimi
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
23 hours ago, Yavianice said:

Happy that you're happy with RG-R 😄 Btw, does this set have destination sign stickers? Some of my other Greenmax sets do, some don't, not really sure when I should expect them.

Nope it didnt come with them... i am thinking for these 'ACE' and generic Kintetsu express trains, there is a separate decal sheet for them, but i'm not too sure if it is correct ...

19 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

I've actually been staying near the Ueno Station so I should've already taken the Skyliner for convenience.  I already have an itinerary if I were to go to Japan tomorrow, yes planning is definitely fun. 🙂

Haha seems like we have another thing in common!  🙂

19 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

I'm on the fence on that train because if I were to get it then I will end up getting others. 🙂 Remember I sold you my GM Kintetsu trains years ago.

Ahah! That reminded me! It was one of my first few Kintetsu trains... So i guess i have you to blame?  😛

17 hours ago, Socimi said:

FINALLY!

After six months, i finally got my long-awaited Saikyo Line 205 Series from Buyee!

Wow... thanks for sharing your story and that's quite unlucky to go through it.... But that 205 series is a mighty nice train! 

• Like 1

Thanks to ‘roadstar_na6’ for the heads up, managed to pick up this beauty on eBay for a steal IMO 👍

Not many Kato Kyushu trains left to collect now...

Guy

B7DF6205-0B83-47C4-AB87-3D4A83216E18.jpeg

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Kamome said:

Are you collecting modern trains?

Collecting modern Kyushu but will be running them all. I think that area of Japan has some of the best/coolest looking trains, need the red 813-200, N700-8000, maybe the 415 and then any newer 883/885’s that get released. 

Ive picked up a few others which I like as well like the 281, 259 and 651-1000, one or two shinkansen and European (TGV, ICE, Thalys etc).

Not in a position to set up a permanent layout in my current flat, but I’ve got V11, V12, V16 and a few other turnouts etc for a pop up layout from time to time.

Guy

On 9/2/2020 at 7:42 PM, JR 500系 said:

By the way, i dont think taking the skyliner into Tokyo is a good choice... cause... Keisei Ueno station is a LONG LONG walk... unless you alight at Nippori though

Which is what most people do. Depending on where you're going, the Skyliner might be the more rational choice.

• Thanks 1

Luckily Amiami has discounted DHL to my region until the mail embargo from Japan > US clears up. I picked up the new 8620 from Kato that's already arrived. Later this month I'm expecting the soundcard as well as a few buildings and people (The Human 130, airsoft participants featuring the member's of Tomytec's Little Armory line).

• Like 1

Another pre-order arriving, this time, the Kintetsu Tsudoi! LOVE these sightseeing unique trains by Kintetsu! Grabbed a few bits and pieces from the bargains bin while i'm at it ~

20200903_174803.thumb.jpg.d5df983c59486b62ffb15f0c467c38f2.jpg

20200903_174832.thumb.jpg.4971e1eced9ec6a5f55b78924927cfae.jpg

20200903_174929.thumb.jpg.16de8f130e5e030715cd7dc9a208dc27.jpg

20200903_174953.thumb.jpg.a7be36754e475d03b5bc4898b79dab6d.jpg

20200903_175051.thumb.jpg.8114b90f73af166295984d2ae5fdeed5.jpg

20200903_175111.thumb.jpg.e05032d547fe7e0213b46494bbb0615c.jpg

• Like 7

Whats going on with 2 of the doors in the last pic?  Are they open, partially open, all glass or something else? 

Cool looking train!

Eric

26 minutes ago, ronin said:

Whats going on with 2 of the doors in the last pic?  Are they open, partially open, all glass or something else? 

Cool looking train!

Eric

Acoording to Uraken.net the proper doors are still fully functional - the entrance itself has been blocked by a panel of glass in the central 2/4s and by a vertical "fence" in the left and right 1/4s.

Apparently, those four doors are isolated from the normal door interlock system so that they can be opened while the train is travelling, with the whole carriage getting the nice breeze outside.

Edited by Socimi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Yavaris Forge

After a longer absence from the forum I'm finally back on track with new additions to my layout!

The first ones arrived in a package from Buyee. It included:

-a Kato C11 in fairly good condition but the smoke deflector plates broke off and i have to glue them back on

-two ED75s (one without pantos and both with Kato couplers, i will change that eventually)

-an old Tomix EF15 (i don't know how old, it came without the original case. It doesn't like my 220mm curves, so it now stands in the yard. At least its a bit weathered)

-with the EF15 came two Oha31, one Ohani31 and one Mani60 coaches although the Mani60 was missing a bogie so i tried to replace it with one of the Ohas

-a big bunch of JNR freight cars

2037323887_IMG_20200830_120911499(3).thumb.jpg.969016d2e2e150ab3d05aa1fbe4ebfb4.jpg

Can anyone tell me how old these yellow Tomy boxes are? They look like 1970s to me.

The second wave of new vehicles was actually found by my parents in a second hand store at a ridiculously low price. The staff there didn't quite know how much all that costs normally.

It's all german n gauge rolling stock. It included:

-an Arnold DB BR211

-two Minitrix coaches which fit nicely with the 211

-five TEE coaches by Arnold and Fleischmann, although the cases are mixed up. Now i'm just missing the right loco to pull them.

-some interesting Arnold freight cars

339413591_IMG_20200830_123151267(2).thumb.jpg.a356ff246b4d9314f397c2ad7bdfe490.jpg

And with this my layout is definitely too small 😄 I really should look out for a model railway club near me. I would love to see some of my trains on a big layout some day.

• Like 2