What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

you might like this little resort lodge for your wild area.

That's a nice one--thanks! I'd be sold immediately by the suspension bridge if it wasn't a little too narrow for the river I was thinking of. But I'm sure something like that could fit in somewhere.

Scott,

Its a nice little model and a great deal as it comes with the scenery base which you can even fit into a scene if you want along with all the scenery materials and even a tree!. not bad for $11!

looks to be 1/150 scale. the prohobby are all 1/144 scale and cast metal so thats why they appear a bit bigger and bulkier. not a problem if you are doing a sumo scene!

speaking of sumo and waiting to show up, HW sal package just showed up with my prohobby sumo guys! great little set of figures to make a whole event scene.

cheers,

jeff

forgot to mention the kit even has a single A battery holder to light the kit, but they dont supply a bulb!

cute diorama kit that can be good stuff for making a nice little layout scene or ttrak module (what im doing with mine).

cheers

jeff

Scott,

Its a nice little model and a great deal as it comes with the scenery base which you can even fit into a scene if you want along with all the scenery materials and even a tree!. not bad for $11!

looks to be 1/150 scale. the prohobby are all 1/144 scale and cast metal so thats why they appear a bit bigger and bulkier. not a problem if you are doing a sumo scene!

speaking of sumo and waiting to show up, HW sal package just showed up with my prohobby sumo guys! great little set of figures to make a whole event scene.

cheers,

jeff

LOL Guess that's why my ProHobby vending machine is as tal as my Tomytech bus.

Martijn Meerts

I have another package waiting to be picked up at the post office, but no clue what's in it. I know it's train related, but that's about it ;)

I'm waiting for a series 100 shinkansen. I must admit they have a certain 'je nes sais que' about them.

I got through 5 years of french (1 year in middle school, four in high school) by answering, je nes sais pas in class.

still waiting for this e231 Tokaido....ITS TAKING FOREVER!!!!!

It is worth the waiting, I can assure you! But I can relate to your impatience - I'm quite like that when I am waiting for a package myself.

(off-topic shipment update: just got in 3 Lima TEE cars, including a dome car, and a Fleischmann DB speisewagen, all in great shape, and cheap from eBay.)

My brand spanking new Kato 8 care Series 0 and Suburban overhead station arrived today!  my first orders from Japan, it runs beautifully and looks gorgeous! (there will be pics when I can sneak down to the basement).  So now I have 2 (yes thats right 2!!! ) series 0's, a 6 car and an 8.  Can you tell I'm happy and excited!

Of course, being a total freak, I'm also fascinated by the totally unintelligble (to me anyway!) newspaper that was scrunched up all the way from Osaka!  I can't read what its about but I get the impression from the pictures that if you call some 06-6131 number your going to be in for a good time for only 15000 yen! :)

Graham

Of course, being a total freak, I'm also fascinated by the totally unintelligble (to me anyway!) newspaper that was scrunched up all the way from Osaka!  I can't read what its about but I get the impression from the pictures that if you call some 06-6131 number your going to be in for a good time for only 15000 yen! :)

That's one of the little things I also like about packages from Plaza Japan :grin . One ad I remember from one such piece of paper I withdrew from my second last shipment (I think) appears to have had something to do with a restaurant promoting some special offer or other.

Oh, and here's my EH200:

dsc01412ajud.jpg

One little detail I like about this one is how the close coupling between the engine halves is so tight the bellows surrounding the passageway appear to actually be one single piece, with no gap between them being immediately visible. Likewise, the paint job is excellent, and the rest of the detailing is just as fine.

SubwayHypes

Graham

hahah 150000 doesnt last too long in japan, a basic massage and "happy ending" will run you that much.  to really get down you might have to spend more, plus you gotta pay for the love hotel.

not that i would know anything about that foolishness.

Hey Tsubasa,

That EH200 is beautiful, how well does it run (thats probably  a stupid question!)

G

Well, I just fell off the "no more trains" wagon with a big thud.

But thanks to the Captain's remarkable memory, he let me know about an eBay item that matched my "new favorite EMU" as posted here a while back, and I made a "best offer" that was accepted!

ahh saw that and did not know you were interested! Glad you got it! i did forward it onto texas joe who is slowly getting into japanese trains and recently got his first romance car (7000LSE) and fell in love. Beware, romance cars can hypnotize you into wanting to collect the whole series (hi im jeff and im a romance train addict)! they are fantastic runners as the shorter cars and shared bogies makes them go around even tight curves gracefully and the all-wheel pickup is intoxicating and make you start cursing your one car pickup trains! Enjoy!

cheers

jeff

jeff

Martijn Meerts

My package was just delivered as well.. In it was a Kato E4 MAX base set + add-on (for a total of 8 cars), a Kato Narita Express base set + add-on (total of 9 cars), sidewalls for Tomix's elevated station, as well as 4 more issues of my 1/24 scale C62-2 kit.

I was hoping it had included the Tomix N-1001-CL I had ordered a while ago, but I guess that'll have to wait a little longer =)

Beware, romance cars can hypnotize you into wanting to collect the whole series

Oh, noooooooo! :-)

I'd probably rather travel on the newer, high-cab ones, just to get the view out the front, but this one is my favorite design.

Well now that I finally can relax a little after my new job settles down.

From Europe:

Minitrix ICE-3 motor car under warranty repair (I would not recommend people to buy Minitrix especially the locos after purchasing two myself).

From N. America

Kato GS4 #4453, close couplers, Kato LED sets, Viaduct Station extensions, Modern Centre Island platform, and 2X V3 sets

From Japan

Kato TGV Duplex, 3X Tomix Port trams, and Kato Suburban Station and extension.

That EH200 is beautiful, how well does it run (thats probably  a stupid question!)

Cannot say as I don't have any layout - not even one for just doing test runs - as of yet. But I, too, would believe it to be a perfect runner! :cheesy

Martijn Meerts

From Europe:

Minitrix ICE-3 motor car under warranty repair (I would not recommend people to buy Minitrix especially the locos after purchasing two myself).

Not sure which locomotive you bought, but the ICE3's are known to be cheap and are meant for kids mainly. They do run good with a little bit of work though.

My father has a lot of Minitrix, and I can say that most of the trains are of very high quality, but like any brand, they have a few problem cases.