What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

alpineaustralia

I'm waiting for a series 100 shinkansen. I must admit they have a certain 'je nes sais que' about them.

I'm waiting for a series 100 shinkansen. I must admit they have a certain 'je nes sais que' about them.

For later references, french people usually say: "je ne sais quoi". :)

But these 100 Series really have a certain "je ne sais quoi" about them. For sure.  :cool:

Graham when you get to double digits in the number of your posts, you're old here. :grin

The O Series is a really nice train, Vincent (disturbman) liked it so much he bought his in 1:1 scale :cheesy

The O Series is a really nice train, Vincent (disturbman) liked it so much he bought his in 1:1 scale :cheesy

LOL

If I ever could I would and then... I will be living and modeling in it. A 16 cars set 0 Series! That would be great.  :grin But the EMS postage fee will also be a killer. That plus the obvious track that I will need to buy in order to give my new home a correct place.

My Kato RENFE AVE100 in Operdora livery has arrived safe and sound all the way from Japan. Thats two down - one more item which is the Kato 2009 catalogue to come and thats my lot arrived :grin.

Well, the E217 touched down at my place this afternoon - at last, I might say. Far as I can tell the reason for the unusually long handling on the German part of the trip appears to have been caused by somebody at the sorting facility having misread the postal code and therefore labelled the package for a nonexistent address in another town in the area whose code differs from that of my town in one digit only. This might - in my interpretation - also explain the three turns through customs as the people there would most likely have printed their taxation papers with the same nonexistent address. And this, of course, would most surely have been against some regulation or other and therefore required them to print them again with the correct address. But, well - it's here at last and I didn't have to pay for the unnecessary cross-country trip the package took, so I guess it's all fine now :cool: .

I'm not at home right now, though, so no photo of the E217 until tomorrow at the earliest!

dsc01321zqcy.jpg

Voilá :grin . How would you say that in Japanese, by the way?

As I said before, I quite like the looks of the E217 - both its shape, especially around the cabs, and the liveries. The only thing which strikes me as odd on many modern Japanese engines and units is that diamond pantographs still appear to be rather widely spread, particularly on the DC network. I once read this had something to do with diamond pans being able to follow the heavier DC overhead wires better than single arm ones. But, weren't single arm pans supposed to be generally better than diamond ones? Oh well :grin .

• Like 1

Dominik where do you run your trains?! You should need a huge layout to be abble to run a 15 cars set!

As for myself I'm waiting for a new JR Shikoku 8000 Series set, with the second livery, and for a KTR001 Tango Explorer set.

alpineaustralia

Je suis désolé pour mon mauvais français

Dominik where do you run your trains?! You should need a huge layout to be abble to run a 15 cars set!

I do not have any layout as of yet. But you're certainly right in pointing this out! :lipssealed: However, I personally do have reservations about unrealistically short sets and therefore getting only an incomplete unit would not feel "right" to me.

Then again - consider just how long a 15 car E531 would be in H0 scale!

Je suis désolé pour mon mauvais français

That's better, I will flogg you next time then. By the way, I'm not even sure this last comment is correct or not. When I read it I hear someone with a deep american accent. I can't find what will be the correct way to say that, that's fraking me out.  :bunny: I'm guessing that nobody never told or taught me how to say that.

@Dominik: That's why I'm only buying set that have a small prototypical length... like 3 cars set.  :grin

@Dominik: That's why I'm only buying set that have a small prototypical length... like 3 cars set.  :grin

You do have a point there. But I just cannot help finding precisely those long units particularly cool :cool: !

They do, they do. I'd love to be abble to run a full length TGV or Shinkansen.

Especially going thru bend and curves!

Or seeing them lighted up in the dark!

Mudkip Orange

All you guys need is a dedicated spare bedroom with an around-the-walls setup. Jummamit's layout room isn't much larger than 12x12, but you watch it on Youtube and it seems miles long.

Yeah. But I'm affraid to take one. My Gfriend offered me to take the walls of a whole room for my layout. But since we are going to live in a two rooms appartment I just don't feel like it. I'm pretty sure she is going to ressent it at the end. Even though she tell me that she would like that a track goes by the whole appartment.

Jummamit's layout looks miles long because all his latest videos are on slow motion and show a very small part of the layout. They are great but at the end I get bored.

My Kato 2009 Catalogue has finally arrived safe and sound from Sapporo, Japan :cheesy.

Bravo! icon_clap.gif.

Mudkip Orange
Jummamit's layout looks miles long because all his latest videos are on slow motion and show a very small part of the layout. They are great but at the end I get bored.

Yeah, there's only so much scale 65km/h running I can stand.

If I ever get around to having a decent layout I promise mine will run fastar :)

SubwayHypes

You do have a point there. But I just cannot help finding precisely those long units particularly cool :cool: !

totally agree with you, i love the look of 8+ car commuter sets.  that E217 loooks sweet by the way, hopefully you can get it running good.

Well, I now have an EH200 in my stable as well. Picked it up from customs yesterday and it sure is a beauty. I did have to attach those number plates with a very tiny amount of white glue, though, as they would not stay on without.

alpineaustralia
That's better, I will flogg you next time then. By the way, I'm not even sure this last comment is correct or not. When I read it I hear someone with a deep american accent. I can't find what will be the correct way to say that, that's fraking me out.

Please sir...an Australian accent if you please.