What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

disturbman

There is a lottery here in Germany where you can win a lifelong pension of sorts. The actual amount of money per month depends on your age and gender, but if I understand the rules correctly it is never below 7,500 EUR :lipssealed: . Gee, just think about all the trains I could buy with that money!

Where can I play???  :grin

SubwayHypes

No, I only got the 10 car E217 at this time as HWJ did not stock the 5 car one. I'll keep looking for that one, though. But as I said before, I will have to consider the length of those units and therefore where I could put them on display in the future :grin .

Yea i wanted to make my e217 yokosuka a 8+4 but my layout is only 8 feet long and it wouldnt fit in my stations.  I might still grab a 5 car set and just run it as a 4+4 or something stupid like that.   I have 3 sets of 221 series that i sometimes run as 6+6 and it struggles up my inclines so i just shortened everything to 8 cars tops.  

although i just realized that since my e217 motor isnt working properly, i might as well buy another 5 car basic set right?

so to stay on topic, i should be having a e217 set in the mail.

I'm still eagerly awaiting my Kato RENFE AVE100 in AVE Operadora livery (Spanish TGV) to arrive from Japan and my StartTrain/Roco RENFE GM Class 319.4 in AVE Operadora livery to come in the post from Spain. Not sure how long this locomotive from Spain will be as I have never bought an N gauge train from Spain before, but when I buy trains from Japan, its normally about a week by EMS including customs clearence so my AVE100 should arrive to me anytime this week. Can't wait! :grin.

Martijn Meerts

My Galaxy Express TV Version base set and add-on got shipped today, should be getting those soon ;)

A bunch of Japanese rail and modelling books and magazines from eBay, and (off topic) some Fleischmann rolling stock that I got for cheap (two DB coaches and a speisewagen).

Books, eh! What did you get?

Nothing too unusual, I don't think--three or four of those magazine-format books with lots of layout and diorama pictures, a 1995 issue of Railway Journal,  and this collection of electric-railway photographs. I'm also bidding on a book called (in translation) ""1/150 Color Illustrations of JR/JNR Rolling Stock."

Speaking of which, how did that illustrated book of electric railcars/EMUs that you won turn out? I'm hoping that another copy of that will turn up. :)

The two E531 carriages which had been missing from the original package arrived a few minutes ago :grin . But, is it normal to be quite literally jittery from some trivial matter like receiving a package? ???

I'll be away from home until tomorrow, though, so no images of the full E531 set right now. Stay tuned :grin .

Eeek--I just got seven packages in my mailbox! (The front-office staff is going to kill me.....)

One package is from Japan--probably a magazine. The others may or may be rail stuff, since I also order some other books.

Now I have to leave for a meeting, so they'll have to wait.... :-\

marknewton
Nothing too unusual, I don't think--three or four of those magazine-format books with lots of layout and diorama pictures, a 1995 issue of Railway Journal,  and this collection of electric-railway photographs...

Good on you. My wife gave me a copy of that book for Christmas last year - it's a beauty!

Speaking of which, how did that illustrated book of electric railcars/EMUs that you won turn out? I'm hoping that another copy of that will turn up. :)

It's really good. It has feature articles on the JNR Tsurumi line, the Nokami Tetsudo, the Ueda Maruko Tetsudo, the Kambara Tetsudo, and the various 762mm electric railways of the past - the Hanamaki, Tochio, Kusukaru, Okuyama, Matsusaka, Yunoyama, Utsube, Hokusei and Shimotsui lines are all included. Plus there's photos and rosters for about all of the smaller interurbans. I don't think you'd be disappointed if you got it.

All the best,

Mark.

I don't think you'd be disappointed if you got it.

Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed that it shows up again....

My RENFE GM Class 319 locomotive has arrived from Spain, just need 2 more items to come from Japan now :icon_thumright:.

The following T&T information is for my E217 set:

02.07.2009 10:20 Frankfurt Import

02.07.2009 10:32 Frankfurt Handed to customs

04.07.2009 11:17 Frankfurt Handed in from customs

04.07.2009 22:13 Umschlagbasis Arrival Consignment has arrived at the sorting office

04.07.2009 22:19 Umschlagbasis Departure Consignment has left the sorting office

06.07.2009 05:38 Frankfurt Arrival Consignment has arrived at office of collection

06.07.2009 06:45 Frankfurt Handed to courier Consignment is on its way to consignee

06.07.2009 13:41 Frankfurt Delivery Consignment was delivered to Mister/Miss/Company Customs:Miss *****

07.07.2009 13:10 Frankfurt Collection Consignment was collected from sender by courier

07.07.2009 16:53 Frankfurt Arrival from pick-up tour Consignment arrived at office of collection

07.07.2009 17:03 Frankfurt Departure Consignment has left office of collection

08.07.2009 04:40 Frankfurt Arrival Consignment has arrived at office of collection

08.07.2009 16:36 Frankfurt Departure Consignment has left office of collection

Seems as if the package took a little detour via another customs office ???:grin .

Wow, unbelievable!

Your package has spent more time in Frankfurt I think it's about to take up residency.

Wow, unbelievable!

Your package has spent more time in Frankfurt I think it's about to take up residency.

Don't scare me like that :lipssealed: !

I don't think all those stations are actually located within the limits of Frankfurt. The DHL Express depot which serves my area is located at Raunheim, which is a separate town altogether. I would believe they are just being grouped under the "Frankfurt" header for convenience or something like that.

Well, it seems the E217 is now moving on to its next leg. Wonder if tomorrow might be the day...? :grin

The EH200 is now in customs as well. Oh, the joys of officialdom... :lipssealed:

(Off topic--three more TEE coaches from eBay; enough to complete that train, so I can stop shopping for it!)

alpineaustralia
Wow, unbelievable!

It started off from Japan as a Japanese train. But due tot he amount of time it has spent in Frankfurt, I bet you by the time it arrives it will have turned into a German train perhaps as a "Fyling Frankfurter"

Wow, unbelievable!

It started off from Japan as a Japanese train. But due tot he amount of time it has spent in Frankfurt, I bet you by the time it arrives it will have turned into a German train perhaps as a "Fyling Frankfurter"

:grin :grin :grin Could I sue the customs service if the item I ordered should have turned into another one entirely due to all the handling they did? :cheesy

Oh, I almost forgot to post a photo of my 15 car E531. Here it is, sitting on my windowsill...

dsc013141moq.jpg

:cool:

Somewhat difficult to fit such a long train in one image and have all details stand out, though.

Tsubasa - That is one long train! I have to thank my friend Peter when he saw my track plan, took it upon himself to re-design my yard for longer trains. But I don't even think your E531 would fit in there.

Any more word on your package, I just hope you don't get a postcard from it saying, "Had a lovely time in Frankfurt now off to Kitzbuhel, Austria. I write to you as soon as I get there!" :grin

I never had and will never have such a train!!! My longuest train for the moment, except my basic Eurostar set, is a 6 cars Keikyu... Arghhh!!!

I'm new here, but in the spirit of the thread, I'm waiting for my first Japanese prototype train, a Kato Series 0 Shinkansen 8 car set.

I can't wait!

Graham