'Japantastic' TINGS this year

Claude_Dreyfus

Claude_Dreyfus

Right, I know this won't be relevant for many here, and  I know it is not for another 5 months(!), but the International N Gauge Show (TINGS) in the UK (September 12-13) will have no fewer than 3 Japanese N Gauge layouts! Talking with a friend of mine from the Japanese Railway Society, we reckon that is equal to around 60% of the N gauge J-trains layout on the circuit in the UK. 

http://www.ngaugeshow.co.uk/

For the record, flying the Japanese flag are:

Hironocho - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=media;sa=item;in=7628

Kanjiyama - plenty of snaps on the thread here!

Okurimono - cannot find any pictures, but is a roundy-roundy 

Anybody attending? Come and say hello!

Edited by Claude_Dreyfus
  • Like 1
Claude_Dreyfus

'fraid not! Anybody asking for Claude will be pointed in the right direction - probably out of the door!

• Like 1
Drunkenclam

I'll try to make it. Sounds like a good day. It's a little way to go. I'm sure Mrs Clam and Jr will want to come.

Oh in my eyes my wife looks like the girls in my avatar. I don't!

Right, I know this won't be relevant for many here, and  I know it is not for another 5 months(!), but the International N Gauge Show (TINGS) in the UK (September 12-13) will have no fewer than 3 Japanese N Gauge layouts! Talking with a friend of mine from the Japanese Railway Society, we reckon that is equal to around 60% of the N gauge J-trains layout on the circuit in the UK. 

http://www.ngaugeshow.co.uk/

For the record, flying the Japanese flag are:

Hironocho - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=media;sa=item;in=7628

Kanjiyama - plenty of snaps on the thread here!

Okurimono - cannot find any pictures, but is a roundy-roundy 

Anybody attending? Come and say hello!

I can't say it's likely I'll be anywhere near the general time zone, but I do note that the upcoming N-Gauge Society journal contains an article on Okurimono, which I'll look forward when the dead tree edition finally plonks into my postbox later this month.

I'm off to the UK later this year but not till the end of October.  Didn't want to miss the train shows here.

I booked last years Japan trip in October without thinking of Octobers big one.  And I totally forgot about last weekend's.  Missed the 2 big ones.  Oops.

Claude_Dreyfus

Just a little bump here. Anyone else from the UK, or more exotic locations, thinking of attending?

Just a little bump here. Anyone else from the UK, or more exotic locations, thinking of attending?

This year I will be in Copenhagen instead of London at that time, so I will miss the TINGS. :-(

Its confirmed, Me, Mrs Clam and Clam Jr will be up there on Sunday, Maybe I'll wear my JPN t shirt :)

How do you take your coffee?

• Like 1

Well he may have trouble spotting a guy named drunken clam that looks like your avatar, but then again I think anyone looking like your avatar might stand out at a train show.

Have fun finding each other, that always fun. Wear an interesting hat, that helps!

Jeff

Claude_Dreyfus

I'll wear my carnation!  ;)

There will be two of us behind the layout for the weekend - there may be visiting operators - and I'll be wearing my normal exhibition attire (olive green club polo shirt). I may think about a little badge to make myself known, but suffice to say I look nothing like Dr Takeo!

As an aside, already mentioned is that Kanjiyama will be one of three Japanese present, but also present will be Japan Model Railways (Modellbahn Union) and Plus Daughters (which has a reasonable amount of Japanese stuff). So there is the chance to do some shopping...

Hopefully see you Sunday (you can even have a go).

• Like 1
Claude_Dreyfus

Good to meet 'Clam yesterday.

There were three Japanese layouts present.

Okurimono_zpsnixkiotx.jpg

Okurimono

Hironocho_zpshxwxlvl6.jpg

Hironocho

Kanjiyama_zpszmm4jwen.jpg

Kanjiyama

• Like 3

Claude,

Very nice! How was having three Japanese layouts received by the crowd? Too bad the layouts couldn't have linked up!

Glad you got to meetup with the clam.

Nice pruchases.too, train shows can be bad that way

Jeff