Shinkansen Shirt

Demetrius

As some of you may know, I run an organization called the High Speed Rail America Club that aims to bring shinkansen tech to the US. Our group has started selling shirts as well to raise money; this design I created to raise awareness of the original bullet train (and also look badass to wear).

Feel free to share with others as well and ask any questions about the shirt or the group:

Shirt_zpsr0udkwmo.jpg

post-3025-0-80728800-1428874781_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
bikkuri bahn

Nice effort.  Though it's sad that here, fifty years (2 generations!) after the opening of the Tokaido Shinkansen, people in America still need to be persuaded about the benefits of high speed rail.  Exceptionalism, indeed.

I would love to buy one but I believe Australian shirt sizing is completely different to USA. Id hate to get one and it be way too big or too small.

Thank you! Took a lot of time tracing, overlaying and coloring that! Working hard to bring shinkansen here, especially Texas, I'm sure you guys heard about it. If by any chance E231, it doesn't fit, you can always exchange. Always safer getting a size up.

If by any chance E231, it doesn't fit, you can always exchange. Always safer getting a size up.

No worries. With some help from the wife i measured myself up and hopefully the shirt will fit my ample train driver belly :)

One Ordered. hopefully one more person orders to get the run through.

That's amazing! I've always tried to find a Shinkansen T-shirt, but they often only belong to the kids.... Wouldn't you happen to be a 500 series?  :)

Any idea on the postage to New Zealand? Very keen to order one, but I know the postage can be expensive from the States

Don't know if it helps beaksaboy but I'm in Perth in Western Australia and the shirt and postage set me back AU$32.50

This  Shirt is awesome. Have been looking for Shinkansen shirt.Just ordered one. It will probably arriving when I'm in Tokyo. Would have been great to wear it there.

I think the reason why we don't have a good rail system are the Airlines and the money thats involved. A good train system would cripple the air industries in th US, so they and I guess greedy politicians oppose  plans for a strong rail system.They say it wouldn't be economic, because people wouldn't use it, what is complete nonsense. I work in a Hotel, and we have people that use trains all the time, and they all said that they rather take the train than an airplane, but sometimes don't have a choice due to the ridiculous amount of time it takes to get from on city to the next.For example going from New Orleans Louisiana to lets say Dallas Texas takes about 7 hours by car. If you take the Amtrak it will take 19 hours to get there because you have to go to Chicago first and than all the way back to Dallas, even though they have a connecting line that gos from New Orleans to Dallas.Makes no sense to me.

Edited by Sascha

Just got an email that my shirt is on its way! So excited.

• Like 1

thanks E231-500. Bit late getting organised. I have reserved a shirt, but they need 9 more to do a reprint. will see what happens.

Of all things, tracking my shirt via USPS website, and it has gone from Chicago to Australia via ........ Tokyo Narita!

Hmm something is funny, i reserved yesterday and it said 10 needed to restart, so after me 9 more. Maybe it just does not give a countdown...

Jeff

mine arrived yesterday. Agreat shirt and worth the money for anyone thinking about putting in for the second batch.

Hey everyone! I want to thank you all for the support! Just finished my finals from university and just had to come check out how everyone was doing of here. I just put it up again today for those of you who missed out the last time. I'll be on here more often now since the spring term is over :-D

It's a hit! Ordered one for my son and it arrived last week. Had to order more for the growing boy so he has one size up for later.

Thanks everyone! I've ordered the shirt in the first round of selling myself, always catches eyes and starts a conversation. Best of all, it looks and feels fantastic, even in South Florida heat!

Demetrius,

That's great to hear as many times the low volume printed tee shirts can be uncomfortable!

Thanks for doing the shirt, hope it helps your org. Our club shirts and my Japanese train shirt I made up for some members of the club (it's a grid of profiles of a couple dozen Japanese trains on the front and a big club logo on th back) gets a lot of comments and is great to start conversations on HSR.

Jeff

Demetrius,

That's great to hear as many times the low volume printed tee shirts can be uncomfortable!

Thanks for doing the shirt, hope it helps your org. Our club shirts and my Japanese train shirt I made up for some members of the club (it's a grid of profiles of a couple dozen Japanese trains on the front and a big club logo on th back) gets a lot of comments and is great to start conversations on HSR.

Jeff

Thank you! I'd be interested to see what that shirt looks like. The conversation starter is always a plus, some of our members jokes that we look like walking billboard trains.
marknewton

I've ordered two, one for me and one for my son. Soon we'll have the biggest collection of Shinkansen t-shirts in Sydney...  :D

Cheers,

Mark.

Demetrius,

here is the shirt i did up for a few of the jrm members. its not our official club t-shirt, just a fun one with trains on the front and a big club logo on the back to get attention. vista print works well to get a few now and then when they have a sale for under $15. not super heavy shirts but decent and they have held up well to multiple washings very well.

i pulled the train images from a book and why i did not make it a public offering.

cheers

jeff

post-24-0-87868500-1433178950_thumb.jpgpost-24-0-05704200-1433178952_thumb.jpg

• Like 1