Hello From Miami! こうにちは - High Speed Rail America Club

Demetrius

Hello to everyone here,

My name is Demetrius, I'm a university student in Miami and also the president and founder of a club called High Speed Rail America Club, which aims to bring shinkansen technology to the United States.

I first got into Japanese rails after a trip on Amtrak from Miami to New York. I did this trip almost every year, but that year ticked me off since it was disgustingly slow and unprofessional. I have been already learning the Japanese language through my university and engineering program. I learned more about the JR companies, the shinkansen and one day, I snapped; changed my majors to business, created a research organization and the rest is history.

I'm also into collecting diecast shinkansen, and hoping to get a model E5 Series to run around a model of Florida for my organizations events. Glad to be here!

post-3025-0-35526300-1428185707_thumb.jpg

ありがとうございました。

P.S. If you want to check out the High Speed Rail America Club, feel free to do so!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpiBD6csbMlsEt20d_CmRCA

Hello and welcome.

I have a Question for you since you are from Miami.  I was watching the Formula-E champion ship and I notice around the Miami Heat stadium there is a raised monorail looking thing.  But also rails on ground level.  What and were and whom uses the rails on the ground level?

p.s.  Dolphins suck.  Bucs fan here. haha

Hey Kato,

That's the MetroMover, it's basically a bus on an elevated rail that goes around the Downtown area. I was there at Formula E, pretty cool event but doesn't hold a candle to the original Miami Grand Prix's of the 80s.

We also have the MetroRail which is closer to an elevated subway and soon AllAboardFlorida, a higher speed rail between Miami and Florida.

P.S. Dolphins do suck. I'm a NY Giants fan, so no offense taken (double pun since our offense sucks XD)

I enjoyed the concept of Formula-E.  But it does miss the noise.

That Miami event reminded me of our retired Gold Coast ChampCar event here in oz.

Edited by katoftw

and soon AllAboardFlorida, a higher speed rail between Miami and Florida.

Is this a typo, or a cultural comment?

Is this a typo, or a cultural comment?

My apologies, I was on my tablet writing that, I meant between Miami and Orlando.  :laughing6:

Welcome Demetrius,

Looking forward to seeing all of your efforts, both scale and full size.

Todd

Edited by tossedman

Welcome Demetrius,

Looking forward to seeing all of your efforts, both scale and full size.

Todd

Thanks Todd,

Also working to connect our friends up North as well, we have been working with High Speed Rail Canada as well closely. 

Demetrius,

Welcome, glad you found us! Will be interesting to see more on the high speed America club!

Jeff

Welcome! I saw some Tomica shinkansen diecast models you have there? They look good! Bad thing they only come around with end cars....

Thank you, Jeff. Please feel free to check out the link to the YouTube channel for the club and subscribe as well [emoji2]

Thank you, JR500. They don't make the cab cars for those, do they?