Jump to content
Densha

Keihan Ōtsu Lines model trains

Recommended Posts

Gordon Werner

Looks like Keihan will be slightly modifying the ad-wrap on 705F-706 in support of the new Chihayafuru movie

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
katoftw
On 3/13/2017 at 8:34 PM, Densha said:

The station name changes were already announced a while ago, but I believe they never made it to JNS.

 

Anyway, these are the changes:

Hamaotsu -> Biwako-Hamaotsu

Otsu-shiyakusho -> Otsu-shiyakusho-mae

Ojiyama -> Keihan-Otsukyo

Sakamoto -> Sakamoto-Hieizanguchi

These unrequired name changes start on the 17th.

 

Although one correction, it is Bessho -> Otsu-shiyakusho-mae

 

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/28378863_1838318286220144_7542985993763160064_n.jpg?oh=6f96101709f20cb4d12f1df8b6298efe&oe=5B3E7431

Edited by cteno4

Share this post


Link to post
Suica
7 hours ago, katoftw said:

These unrequired name changes start on the 17th.

 

Although one correction, it is Bessho -> Otsu-shiyakusho-mae

 

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/28378863_1838318286220144_7542985993763160064_n.jpg?oh=6f96101709f20cb4d12f1df8b6298efe&oe=5B3E7431

Interesting how Tokyo pushes the station number system really hard recently so baka gaijins don't have to deal with Japanese names and in the meantime Keihan just makes their station names more complicated. What a massive waste of money, btw.

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Gordon Werner

 

Share this post


Link to post
cteno4

My first glance at that wrapping I thought it was the design with the open door and girls walking out and thought I wonder how many people looking at their cell phones while walking and running into the picture of the open door...

 

jeff

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Gordon Werner
5 hours ago, cteno4 said:

My first glance at that wrapping I thought it was the design with the open door and girls walking out and thought I wonder how many people looking at their cell phones while walking and running into the picture of the open door...

 

jeff

 

Roadrunner, Ōtsu style

Share this post


Link to post
Gordon Werner

oops ... 

 

not often one sees 4 car trains on the Sakamoto line

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
katoftw

Looked empty. Guessing training or moving to depot purposes.

Share this post


Link to post
Gordon Werner
2 minutes ago, katoftw said:

Looked empty. Guessing training or moving to depot purposes.

 

703F had an electrical failure and was being helped back to the barn

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Gordon Werner

I have heard that TomyTec will be releasing the new Hibike! Euphonium train ... but not whether it will be a general release (makes sense) or a special gotta-be-there-in-person-to-buy-it release. (they might do a special box for the latter like they did for the second Tetsudo Musume release)

Edited by Gordon Werner

Share this post


Link to post
Gordon Werner

 

Share this post


Link to post
Das Steinkopf
13 hours ago, Gordon Werner said:

I have heard that TomyTec will be releasing the new Hibike! Euphonium train ... but not whether it will be a general release (makes sense) or a special gotta-be-there-in-person-to-buy-it release. (they might do a special box for the latter like they did for the second Tetsudo Musume release)

 

I wish they had done a copy of 609-610 in the Hieizan Biwako Panoramic Route wrapping, I would have to say it is the most stunning livery of any of the Ishiyama Sakamoto lines trains that I have seen in the flesh.

Share this post


Link to post
Gordon Werner
On 3/24/2018 at 7:03 AM, Das Steinkopf said:

 

I wish they had done a copy of 609-610 in the Hieizan Biwako Panoramic Route wrapping, I would have to say it is the most stunning livery of any of the Ishiyama Sakamoto lines trains that I have seen in the flesh.

 

well it certainly was a challenge to decal it (for those curious, a friend picked me up a bunch of Keihan decals that someone was selling at a local train show/meetup in Kyoto) ... the Chihayafuru artwork is from the (unfortunately oversized) Platz kit and finessed into place on the TomyTec model.

 

Keihan Ōtsu Lines: 600 Series Interurbans

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
bill937ca

 

 

 

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Gordon Werner
On 3/31/2018 at 8:05 AM, bill937ca said:

 

 

 

 

Chihayafuru (film) (adwrap v3) (well 4th overall if you include the 600 series version)

Edited by Gordon Werner

Share this post


Link to post
Densha

Self-built Keihan 70 type by Sengen Sharyo:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Gordon Werner

jealous.

Share this post


Link to post
sandiway
48 minutes ago, Gordon Werner said:

The current version of the Hibike! Euphonium wrapped 600 Series train has been officially announced ...

 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DsBo5dSUUAAq_vh.jpg

I do want this one. Fond memories of the train from 2017. But it's a non-working Tomytec model, right? Have to add motorized chassis.

Share this post


Link to post
Gordon Werner
31 minutes ago, sandiway said:

I do want this one. Fond memories of the train from 2017. But it's a non-working Tomytec model, right? Have to add motorized chassis.

 

yes ... it is an unpowered display unit ... to motorize ...

Power Unit: TomyTec TM-20: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10311073

Trailer Unit (metal wheels and floor weight): TomyTec TT-04R: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10308175

Pantograph: Tomix PG-16: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10049884

Light Module (auto-reversing headlights/tail-lights): ISM Works: https://ism-works.shop-pro.jp/?pid=89515052

 

Edited by Gordon Werner
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Gordon Werner

the ISM Works light module looks like this on a Keihan 600 series train

 

 

i-img1200x900-1540642189ophipo45317.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
katoftw

It used to be 5000.

 

Considering that if you add that to the cost of the 2 cars, trailer, pantographs and motor unit with these head and tailights.  It totals around 10,000-11,000.

 

Not as good as Kato or Tomix. But better than Micro Ace and Greenmax.

 

You'd also need another 950 yen in collector parts.  M +T collector parts.

 

Greenmax charge 1500-2000 for their directional lighting modules (each).

Edited by katoftw

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...