Keihan Ōtsu Lines model trains

Densha

5 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

As predicted by Katoftw late last year they have finally done it, no more hunting down the forever elusive Keihan Exclusive 80 series fitted with AC on Yahoo Auctions for near extortionate prices, now I have to figure what I want to do with the one I have should I leave it in original condition or decal it and weather it.

http://www.tomytec.co.jp/diocolle/items/pdf/newitem_20170914_08.pdf

excellent ... will go nicely with my current 5 80 series cars (single one is a double-ended kit-bash)

33632210765_407f31754d_b.jpg

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Gordon Werner said:

excellent ... will go nicely with my current 5 80 series cars (single one is a double-ended kit-bash)

33632210765_407f31754d_b.jpg

I love how you kitbashed the single car version, are you goind to fit it with a trolley pole later on to backdate it even further or just stick with the pantograph.

On 9/14/2017 at 6:42 PM, Das Steinkopf said:

I love how you kitbashed the single car version, are you goind to fit it with a trolley pole later on to backdate it even further or just stick with the pantograph.

to be honest I hadn't thought about it ...

need to find better source imagery if I were even to attempt that (at least I have an extra roof I can play around with)

I only have these photos taken back in 2010 or 2015 (whenever the Keihan Centenary was)

http://www.wa98104.us/KER/single-trolley_pole.png

http://www.wa98104.us/KER/CwTkcX-VQAEgn8i.png

http://www.wa98104.us/KER/CwTkdsuUsAAG2RK.png

2_3.png

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

here are the [model] car ends

80_single_1.jpg80_single_2.jpg 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, katoftw said:

Still plenty of them running around in the old colours.  For 600s-800s.  Every one I rode today was old colouring.  Although I did see the new colours versions.

Pic's please.

Long story short.  There isn't any.  Wife stayed home sick.  Kids wouldn't do as they were told.  500 yen koto koto 1 day kippu ins't sold at any keihan station making the run around costs.  Was a very short day.

42 minutes ago, katoftw said:

Long story short.  There isn't any.  Wife stayed home sick.  Kids wouldn't do as they were told.  500 yen koto koto 1 day kippu ins't sold at any keihan station making the run around costs.  Was a very short day.

That"s odd we picked them up from Sanjo Keihan, my youngest daughter didn't need to pay for travel on the Otsu sen but she needed a Kyoto subway pass to cover the Tozai line section.

On 9/20/2017 at 3:35 AM, katoftw said:

that's unfortunate ...

I'm thinking of getting rid of all my post-1997 Keihan stuff and keeping only the 80 series, 350 series and 600 series with old logos. I still like the Keihan Otsu Lines, but there's just too many variations to make collecting stay fun. The 800 series is also a really strange beast with it's much longer length and subway-ish tendencies.

If I focus on the pre-subway 1997 situation it's also possible to have street-level platforms, which makes using them on a layout easier as well.

Das Steinkopf
33 minutes ago, Densha said:

I'm thinking of getting rid of all my post-1997 Keihan stuff and keeping only the 80 series, 350 series and 600 series with old logos. I still like the Keihan Otsu Lines, but there's just too many variations to make collecting stay fun. The 800 series is also a really strange beast with it's much longer length and subway-ish tendencies.

If I focus on the pre-subway 1997 situation it's also possible to have street-level platforms, which makes using them on a layout easier as well.

I get where you're coming from as there is nearly as many models of 600's and 700's as there are in real life, I like the 800's as they are what got me hooked on the Keihan Keishin as I watched them plying the streets of Otsu, that said I have limited my modern stock to 2 x 800's as well as the 600 in Hibikie Euphonium and 603-604 in Limited Express liveries. The reason why I chose those units is I know they both ran special services to Shinomiya and I got to see 603-604 when I stayed in Otsu, I also have 701-702 in 80 Series livery partly due to nostalgia and also the fact that I got to ride it when I was there in April.

I would also like to expand my pre 1997 fleet with some more 600 Series variants and a 700 Series with the old logo if Tomytec decides to bring them out, I would really like to get my hands on a 500 Series and 260 Series if they ever get produced, mind you I won't be going for the old Greenmax/Platz versions of those.

Gordon Werner
1 hour ago, Densha said:

don't forget the 2 versions of 63F that were produced by Modemo

11 minutes ago, Das Steinkopf said:

I get where you're coming from as there is nearly as many models of 600's and 700's as there are in real life, I like the 800's as they are what got me hooked on the Keihan Keishin as I watched them plying the streets of Otsu, that said I have limited my modern stock to 2 x 800's as well as the 600 in Hibikie Euphonium and 603-604 in Limited Express liveries. The reason why I chose those units is I know they both ran special services to Shinomiya and I got to see 603-604 when I stayed in Otsu, I also have 701-702 in 80 Series livery partly due to nostalgia and also the fact that I got to ride it when I was there in April.

I would also like to expand my pre 1997 fleet with some more 600 Series variants and a 700 Series with the old logo if Tomytec decides to bring them out, I would really like to get my hands on a 500 Series and 260 Series if they ever get produced, mind you I won't be going for the old Greenmax/Platz versions of those.

I also like the 800s, but the Ishiyama-Sakamoto Line 600/700s in original livery were actually what me got into these lines. I liked them for being compact units very suitable for small layouts. The double length 800 type already beats that purpose.

I now have two cars of the 350 type, six variations of the 600 type (old logo; new logo; flat front window; express livery; K-ON livery; Tetsudou Musume livery) and two variations of the 700 type (K-ON livery; 80 type livery). I also have the 800 with new logo. Out of these I've only seen the new logo variations of the 600 and the 700 in 80 type livery (and upcoming original livery with new logo) in person, not to forget the 800 with new logo obviously. I also saw the Hibike livery for myself in Otsu, but I feel like Tomytec didn't do the paint job well on that one so I didn't get it.

I already decided for myself that there's a bunch of these liveries that I simply don't like. I'll be selling these off anyway. However, I do really like the 80 and 350 types, which were retired in 1997 along with the opening of the Kyoto Subway Tozai Line. At that point in time, the new logo didn't exist yet. The only models with old logos that suit in this time period are the 80, 350 and 600 types. Apart from these, I do really like the 600 in limited express livery, so I'll be keeping that one anyway, even if it's slightly out of place.

Another factor is that I simply will never be able to run all units together, so keeping a small but iconic collection is more useful in that sense. I also have gotten interested in other small private railway lines over the years, so I gotta keep the individual collections somewhat manageable.

35 minutes ago, Gordon Werner said:

don't forget the 2 versions of 63F that were produced by Modemo

Meh, I've never really cared about these. I just don't really like the design. They also were retired long before 1997, which is a no-go for me anyway.

Das Steinkopf
On 11/12/2017 at 8:26 PM, Densha said:

I also like the 800s, but the Ishiyama-Sakamoto Line 600/700s in original livery were actually what me got into these lines. I liked them for being compact units very suitable for small layouts. The double length 800 type already beats that purpose.

I have to agree with you there as I have been planning to build a layout that part of it is based around current day Kamisakaemachi, I want incorporate some of the street running aspects of the line as well as ducking behind the houses and into cuttings, I wanted to try and do it in a T Trak format but the length of the 800 Series has put that one to bed.

On 11/12/2017 at 8:26 PM, Densha said:

I already decided for myself that there's a bunch of these liveries that I simply don't like. I'll be selling these off anyway. However, I do really like the 80 and 350 types, which were retired in 1997 along with the opening of the Kyoto Subway Tozai Line. At that point in time, the new logo didn't exist yet. The only models with old logos that suit in this time period are the 80, 350 and 600 types. Apart from these, I do really like the 600 in limited express livery, so I'll be keeping that one anyway, even if it's slightly out of place. 

You could get away with using a 700 Series with the old logo as they were regular visitors to the pre Tozai Line section of the line  in it's final years, I have seen plenty of photos and videos of them to justify it.

http://userdisk.webry.biglobe.ne.jp/024/034/39/N000/000/012/149934809050750682180.jpg

http://funini.com/train/kansai/keishin/ks700/index.html.ja

http://funini.com/train/kansai/keishin/ks700/index.html.ja#kansai/keishin/ks700/02full

Edited by cteno4

700s have definitely run on the old Keishin Line. So did 600s with flat front windows. Tomytec has yet to produce these with old logos though... which could be considered a good thing for my wallet and sanity.

I think I'll be focusing on the 1997 pre-subway Keishin Line situation. There weren't tons of ridiculous liveries to be seen at that time, but I've never been that much interested in those anyway. 80, 350, 600 and 700 types in standard livery is what interests me the most of these lines. Other already mentioned advantages are the shorter trains and having the option of having street level platforms.

To get back the 600s/700s running up to Shinomiya in recent days, the 603/604 in express colours did so as well (as did many others): http://keihano2love.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-3776.html

Das Steinkopf

As far as I know the 600 Series of batches 1-3 definitely worked the pre Tozai section of the line, I will have to look at some of the photos and videos I have used for reference material to confirm if the batch 4 units 617-618 and 619-620 also ran on that section but I am pretty sure they did.

http://www.filmscan-print-s.com/0711-K_HAN-6V-02.html

Edited by Das Steinkopf
Gordon Werner
On 11/12/2017 at 9:01 PM, Das Steinkopf said:

As far as I know the 600 Series of batches 1-3 definitely worked the pre Tozai section of the line, I will have to look at some of the photos and videos I have used for reference material to confirm if the batch 4 units 617-618 and 619-620 also ran on that section but I am pretty sure they did.

http://www.filmscan-print-s.com/0711-K_HAN-6V-02.html

every 700 series and 600 series transit ran all the way to Keihan Sanjo station ... 709F was the last to be [re]built and that was in 1993 ... so there were at least 4 years of service before 1997

Gordon Werner

Keihan update:

Updated colors (so far):

607F-608

611F-612

707F-708

815F-865-866-816

and now

811F-861-862-812

here are:

607F-608

611F-612