Keihan Ōtsu Lines model trains

Densha

Das Steinkopf

No disrespect Jeff but this whole business regarding the use of photos is really killing the atmosphere of the site, in some respects it feels like overreach.

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 1
Das Steinkopf

Finally received my pre order from AmiAmi today which included two of the new TM-TR05 chassis, I wasted no time in fitting them out with the chassis and pantographs, I still need to number the air conditioned unit as well as doing some weathering to the chassis and roof.

32230571330_a382eb2185_z_d.jpg

32456401332_53e012279b_z_d.jpg

• Like 5
Das Steinkopf

The aircon version has yellow lights on the corners like a 800?

Yes, they are only on the front behind the cowcatcher and not along the sides like the 800's have, I'm curious as to when the warning lights were fitted to them.

Gordon Werner

Yes, they are only on the front behind the cowcatcher and not along the sides like the 800's have, I'm curious as to when the warning lights were fitted to them.

I believe they got their AC units as well as the lights back in 1991 or thereabouts ... that is the only year that I have photos of that have 80 series with and without the lights as well as the AC units and they were only located at the cab ends of the cars

Edited by Gordon Werner
Gordon Werner

No disrespect Jeff but this whole business regarding the use of photos is really killing the atmosphere of the site, in some respects it feels like overreach.

I literally got permission for all of us to use their photos but ...

Keiham Otsu Lines trains to have a change of livery: https://trafficnews.jp/post/66204/

The first 700 type formation in this livery will come into service in June this year. It is intended to have the whole fleet of 600s, 700s and 800s painted in the new livery by March 2021.

• Like 1

Keiham Otsu Lines trains to have a change of livery: https://trafficnews.jp/post/66204/

The first 700 type formation in this livery will come into service in June this year. It is intended to have the whole fleet of 600s, 700s and 800s painted in the new livery by March 2021.

So long light blue!

Sandiway

Das Steinkopf

God they all look so sexy in that livery, it's a pity that none of them will be ready when I am over there but on the upside I suppose I will be getting more of a nostalgic view of the line given that they will all be wearing a common livery within the next few years, lets hope that MicroAce does a re run of the 800 Series in the new livery.

enodenlover

This is bad news to me, as I really dislike that green and gray color scheme. Oh well, change is part of life.

Edited by enodenlover
Gordon Werner

Is there some station name changes also?

yeah ... 4 of them.

OT21 OT15, OT14, and OT13 I think ... 

Edited by Gordon Werner

The station name changes were already announced a while ago, but I believe they never made it to JNS.

Anyway, these are the changes:

Hamaotsu -> Biwako-Hamaotsu

Otsu-shiyakusho -> Otsu-shiyakusho-mae

Ojiyama -> Keihan-Otsukyo

Sakamoto -> Sakamoto-Hieizanguchi

Gordon Werner

The station name changes were already announced a while ago, but I believe they never made it to JNS.

Anyway, these are the changes:

Hamaotsu -> Biwako-Hamaotsu

Otsu-shiyakusho -> Otsu-shiyakusho-mae

Ojiyama -> Keihan-Otsukyo

Sakamoto -> Sakamoto-Hieizanguchi

why are they renaming the stations?

Because the current station names are apparently not clear enough. I believe the idea was that the difference between Hamaotsu and (JR) Otsu was not clear enough and that Ojiyama didn't make clear that it was near (JR) Otsukyo station. Sakamoto didn't make it sound like you were close to the foot of Mt Hiei, which the Hieizanguchi part definitely does. Also keep in mind that Keihan runs the nearby cable car to the top of Mt Hiei, so there's probably also a commercial factor playing a role in this part. As for Otsu-shiyakusho, the 'mae' part only adds information that the station is indeed 'in front of' the Otsu municipality office, but to be honest it's not much of a difference from the current name of the station.

Sakamoto didn't make it sound like you were close to the foot of Mt Hiei, which the Hieizanguchi part definitely does. 

When I walked down Mt Hiei (I walked up from the Kyoto side) to Lake Biwa, the closest station to the exit of the path wasn't Sakamoto but Matsunonbamba. They should rename that too?

According to Google Maps, from the station of the cable car, which is obviously what Keihan uses as reference, it is 900 meter vs 950 meter to respectively Sakamoto Station and Matsunobamba Station. So it is basically the same.

They probably decided to go with Sakamoto because it is definitely slightly closer and because of commercial reasons. Using the line up to Sakamoto means more revenue after all.