Keihan Ōtsu Lines model trains

Densha

Yeah I've got more trailer parts, just so I could install them on the mone motorized units.  Then swap the motors between units.  The pans were just ignored until I do another order from a retailer.

Yes it is, it was only sold at a certain place/certain places somewhere in Japan. Both katoftw and I sourced it via Japan Auctions.

The Keihan 800 express livery doesn't have much of a special packaging apart from the orange cover, they just reused the Railway Collection Vol. 17 packaging. It even says Vol.17! A nice addition with this special edition though is that the destination signs are not yet installed so you get a decal set with various destinations which means you can choose yourself. The decal sheet also includes destination signs for the 350 type (which didn't include any destination sign) and a sign for wheelchair spaces. Pretty nice that they included these extras.

post-638-0-44095100-1430006424_thumb.jpgpost-638-0-97899700-1430004767_thumb.jpg

ARU NINE Ballast Wagon kit, similar to the ones at Shinomiya.
http://www.modeltrainplus.net/collections/aru-nine-arumo-n-scale/products/aru-nine-a1038-maintenance-wagon

Tsugawa Yoko 14015 Rail Carrying Bolsters, these are nicely detailed die cast wagons.
http://www.exclusiveone.com/m/tsugawa-yoko/p/d/332597278

Maybe these Greenmax ones are interesting for you?

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10190740

• Like 1
Das Steinkopf

Maybe these Greenmax ones are interesting for you?

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10190740

Hello Densha

I picked up one of those sets from Tam Tam Hobby Shop when I was in Tokyo, I was also kindly given one of the older boxed versions of this set by a friend who is sadly moving overseas, I will be converting one of the rail carrying bolsters into the ladder tower wagon and the other one into the plain flat truck that accompanies it.

Das Steinkopf

yeah, an accurate model of Hamaotsu would be cool. That's a great picture as well, looks quite ominous.

I agree, Hamaotsu would make a great model as it offers a wide variety of train movements, I think it would best done looking from the Lake Biwa side so that you could see the Keihan Keishin line working its way up the street, also I think structure wise it would be more open to viewing as you could remove the bulk of the pedestrian overpass and a number of tall buildings including the mall which would open up the platforms for viewing.

17316218272_492b23f64d_z_d.jpg

17317531111_6b646b07c4_z_d.jpg

16695509864_7d653243eb_z_d.jpg

17292041616_fa184c967a_z_d.jpg

Edited by Das Steinkopf

I looked at the station on google maps and it looks like it's relatively easy to build a similar looking station with off the shelf tomix tracks.

post-1969-0-85490700-1430385982.png

(gray: street tracks, white: ballasted tracks, the smallest curve is C243, platform length is not to scale)

post-1969-0-85490700-1430385982_thumb.png

Mudkip Orange

Do y'all wanna start a change.org petition to get Tomytec to release a Hamaotsu station building?

Realistically the whole thing (incl skybridges etc) would probably be on the order of 6000-7000 yen.

• Like 1

I don't think so, because it's (imho) rather ugly and can be kit bashed from existing Tomix/Tomytec structures.

I don't think so, because it's (imho) rather ugly and can be kit bashed from existing Tomix/Tomytec structures.

Quickly explain please?

You can use parts from one of the Tomix overhead station set combined with an (afaik) Kato overhead station, the standard Tomix platform kits, one of the Tomytec street arcade kits for the walkway roofs and so on. The shopping mall is imho not part of the station, but a similar one exist as a Tomix set (you'll need 2 for the right height) and i would add Enoshima parking garage kits to it. The only thing that might not be available is the complex roof structure over the stairs, but a few Tomytec pedestrian bridge kits can be used for the stairs and the bridge itself. The roof can be made from patterned polystyrene plates made by (imho) Faller and the columns from left over kit sprues. I never said it's easy, but imho it's buildable with available parts. On the other hand the structure is not univeral enough to be usable on any layout, so the chances of being made as a plastic kit is low. A paper or laser cut kit might be more viable, but that won't make the overall look less ragtag.

Das Steinkopf

Do y'all wanna start a change.org petition to get Tomytec to release a Hamaotsu station building?

Realistically the whole thing (incl skybridges etc) would probably be on the order of 6000-7000 yen.

If I was to model Hamaotsu I would do it as if you were viewing it from the Lake Biwa side of the station, I would omit the sky bridge and car park from the build, when you look at the site the car park and sky bridge are massive obstacles when it comes to viewing the station, especially the platforms. Removing them as well as the shopping mall from the layout design would open up the layout, this would allow you to view the trains of both the Ishiyama Sakamoto and Keihan Keishin lines running along the street sections of those lines, another bonus is you would be able to view the Keihan Keishin line trains running into the transfer siding to switch platforms. Edited by Das Steinkopf