Pointless Poll That Serves No Purpose

Guest ___

Pick a random animal that would best serve as the official spokes-animal for the new Shinkasen E5 trains.  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a random animal that would best serve as the official spokes-animal for the new Shinkasen E5 trains.

• Walrus
    • Platypus
    • Wallabe
    • Chupacabra
    • Meerkat
    • Aardvark
    • Puma
    • Flamingo
    • Sehlat
    • Voltron Lion
    • Delta Burke
    • Sparrow (African, not European)

Yeah, yeah, I'm going to bed now that way when I wake up, I can hit the stack of English corrections before whining about my unemployment running out in two weeks. Lord forbid, I actually have to look for full time work, or beg the editor at the Times to throw a few photo assignments my way. I'm getting pretty sick of instant ramen. Until my return enjoy this poll.

I voted "walrus." Those things are huge!

Oh, and it's "chupacabra," not "chupacobra," unless its victims are now snakes instead of goats.  :grin

No idea what a "sehlat" is.

CaptOblivious

I figured platypus was a natural choice. I chose Delta Burke instead (there are some interesting parallels, I think, between her career and the nose on that E5…both started out so promising.)

I voted "walrus." Those things are huge!

Oh, and it's "chupacabra," not "chupacobra," unless its victims are now snakes instead of goats.  :grin

No idea what a "sehlat" is.

It came up both ways when I did a google spell check. Not like it's a word I use in daily conversation. :P

Don should know what a "sehlat" is

BTW: For those of ya who don't know Delta Burke, think a cross between an octopus and a manatee wrapped around a buffet, but larger. 

CaptOblivious

I only know what a sehlat was because I had to look it up! :P

Even though you added platypus, which seems dead-on to me, I'm sticking with Delta Burke, because I think that's funnier :D

Sorry,

I don't know all the animals in the list but I think E5 is much similar to Borneo Nasica apes

http://santagatando.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/125989.jpg

like the old Mercedes SLK with F1 nose

I don't like to much E5, for me the right nickname can be "supposta"

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Uu_0z9hES-o/Sci8GIk0jhI/AAAAAAAAGnk/SZ42OSZ9YTE/s400/supposta.jpg

in italian, I don't know the right term in english (google don't translate  :grin  I need translation please)

ciao

Massimo

I would have voted for the meerkat, I just like meerkats. BTW, I'm surprised no other Aussies pointed it out, but it's wallaby with a 'y'.

If anything though I think it should be a Japanese animal with a Japanese sounding name.