New NHK World show: Japan Railway Journal

miyakoji

40 minutes ago, katoftw said:

I'm probably thinking of Train Cruise then.

Train Cruise 12 - A Taste of Japanese Culture along the Oigawa River. Yep TC has definitely been in this area.

• Like 1

Next week will charged with new episodes of Japan Railway Journal and Train Cruise, details of Japan Railway Journal episode of Hokuriku Shinkansen three years later:

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/japanrailway/201801100600/

January 19, 2018

Hokuriku Shinkansen Update: Re-assessing the Effects and Challenges 3 Years On

In 2015, the Hokuriku Shinkansen connected between Tokyo and Kanazawa. 3 years on, hotel construction around Kanazawa terminal is ongoing, tourist numbers have increased and the number of luxury liners stopping at Kanazawa Port has tripled. Meanwhile, the number of people visiting nearby Toyama City has decreased and the city is working hard to attract more visitors. See the economic effects of the Hokuriku Shinkansen after 3 years.

Hours of Broadcast (London Time)

Thursday, January 18  15:30 - 16:00  21:30 - 22:00

Friday, January 19  3:30 - 4:00  9:30 - 10:00

Episode 45: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p9dCOTpZS2C1XK-IrHWGinrRlW07uMhK/view?usp=sharing

I am sorry to say that unless there is another JRJ episode next week (which there doesn't appear to be), this will be my final Japan Railway Journal upload and tomorrow's Train Cruise will be the final upload for that.

I will probably leave these uploads on my Google Drive, as well as the ones already one there, indefinitely. So that will be JRJ 43, 44 & 45 and TC 20, 21 & 22 (when it arrives tomorrow).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Thank you Lee for all the time you have spent uploading these for those of us who cannot get them on cable. Look after yourself.

Edited by bobbodaclown
  • Thanks 1

So did we decide whether "Driving Forward with Steam: Oigawa Railway's Strategy" is new or a repeat?

Edit: Just checked the episode. It is new as Railway Topics reports on a 4 December 2017 event.

Edited by bobbodaclown
Additional information

The Oigawa episode was the only 'missed' and was broadcasted last week, but don't worry and thanks to Lee for all of this videos

Edited by fpav_2125
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Lee san for all the trouble and generous sharing you have offered up for us these years... really appreciated your kind gesture! Take care!

• Thanks 1

New Episode

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/japanrailway/201802050600/

February 16, 2018 - 2:30

JR OITA CITY: The Station Complex that Changed the Game

The 21-story "JR OITA CITY" complex, with over 200 stores, opened at JR Kyushu's Oita Station in 2015. Thanks to this new shopping complex, ridership has increased significantly, positively affecting shops and businesses in the area. See how JR Kyushu worked together with the local community to successfully revitalize the region. In Hands-on Railway History, we also discover the historical BUNGOMORI ROUNDHOUSE MUSEUM, a significant part of Japan's Heritage of Industrial Modernization.

Edited by bobbodaclown

I watch Japan Railway Journal religiously. It's where I first came across the Shikishima Express. Does anybody know where the cafe/bar is that they used to use? It was filled with model trains. I'm guessing it is in Tokyo, but I don't know.

Kurt

54 minutes ago, TCC Railroad said:

I watch Japan Railway Journal religiously. It's where I first came across the Shikishima Express. Does anybody know where the cafe/bar is that they used to use? It was filled with model trains. I'm guessing it is in Tokyo, but I don't know.

That place was Bar Ginza Panorama Shinjuku. It closed last year though.

On 13/02/2018 at 4:57 AM, Suica said:

That place was Bar Ginza Panorama Shinjuku. It closed last year though.

No wonder I couldn't find it. What a shame. :sad10:

Hi everyone,

Although this may be my first post, I would like to thank everyone that has supported this show on this site. This includes LeeC22 and all the people that have the episodes archived and are willing to share it when people need it. Without these people, we would not be able to watch this wonderful show produced by NHK whenever we want.

As such, I would like to also contribute back to the community by trying to keep up with the episodes and post them here if I can. This starts with Episode 47 (JR OITA Station) this week.

Note that these are recorded from the live NHK online channel in 720P and may occasionally have artefacts if my network connection falters during recording. I will try my best to avoid it by setting up stable network connections.

I hope we can all continue to enjoy this wonderful show.

Japan Railway Journal - Episode 47 - JR OITA CITY The Station Complex that Changed the Game

-jnsarnold

Edit: Due to potential flagging issues, the link has been removed. Please contact via PM to learn why.

Edited by jnsarnold
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 8

@katoftw

Sorry about the confusion.

Since LeeC22 missed out on the Oigawa railway episode (which should be Episode 45), I have renamed Episode 45 by LeeC22 as Episode 46 in my downloads.

So, in summary:

Episode 45: Driving Forward with Steam: Oigawa Railway's Strategy 

Episode 46: Hokuriku Shinkansen Update: Re-assessing the Effects and Challenges 3 Years On

Episode 47: JR OITA CITY The Station Complex that Changed the Game

Again, I apologise for the confusion.

-jnsarnold

• Thanks 2