New NHK World show: Japan Railway Journal

miyakoji

Most appreciated, but this is the wrong link! Coming up as "Train Cruise Episode 10 - Autumn Delights in Tohoku and Shin-Etsu" for me.

Download worked fine for me utrainia.

Tried to find the Diorama Cafe yesterday but lucked out. Will have another try in a fortnight...

Edited by bobbodaclown

20% off models on layout sounds interesting! They have non-alcoholic drinks too! would love to visit one day.

Yap, if you noticed in the shows there is a large glass cabinet behind them, which displays ALOT of trains, some of which are very rare... 

I do wonder what the 'regular' price is... they might mark that up and give you a 20% which comes down to close to retail... but you might get lucky with rare models...

Tried to findvthe Diorama Cafe yesterday but lucked out. Will have another try in a fortnight...

If you're lucky, you will meet the cafe owner! Just look for the guy working on his trainsets, lol. His English is great! He's friends with Russel and the people from the show. We had a great conversation about overseas interest in Japanese trains, and I even called his attention to this forum! By the time we were done, he was gracious enough to gift me a timetable phone book! Neat gesture. He's a such great guy, wonderful host and the bar is just awesome.

Edited by Faiyez
  • Like 1

20% off models on layout sounds interesting! They have non-alcoholic drinks too! would love to visit one day.

Yap, if you noticed in the shows there is a large glass cabinet behind them, which displays ALOT of trains, some of which are very rare... 

I do wonder what the 'regular' price is... they might mark that up and give you a 20% which comes down to close to retail... but you might get lucky with rare models...

The website has pricing of some models:- http://www.ginza-panorama.com/models.html

Hi,

I've just discovered this topic and watch 10 episodes in two days

I am completely fan

I download the episode put them on usb key and watch tem on my TV, wowww it's incredible and very interesting

At the beginning I was afraid not to understand everything but they speak very clearly

I must go to Japan one day

Can you check your (dead?) link because I don't arrive to view/download the episodes 1 to 13 and the episode 17?

Thank you so much.

Edited by Bruno

Hi,

I've just discovered this topic and watch 10 episodes in two days

I am completely fan

I download the episode put them on usb key and watch tem on my TV, wowww it's incredible and very interesting

At the beginning I was afraid not to understand everything but they speak very clearly

I must go to Japan one day

Can you check your (dead?) link because I don't arrive to view/download the episodes 1 to 13 and the episode 17?

Thank you so much.

Hi Bruno, I had to remove some episodes from my Google Drive due to running out of space and at the moment only have more recent episodes on there.

Hi Bruno, I had to remove some episodes from my Google Drive due to running out of space and at the moment only have more recent episodes on there.

Ahnhhhh 

The best is to do a secondary gmail account just for the episodes

If you don't want to do it I can host episodes for our communauty

Keep me informed and tell me what is the more easy and less boring for you

Ahnhhhh 

The best is to do a secondary gmail account just for the episodes

If you don't want to do it I can host episodes for our communauty

Keep me informed and tell me what is the more easy and less boring for you

The problem is that you only get 15GB of storage with Google. There are 25 episodes at 640MB each, which works out at just over 15GB.

I used to have them on my Google Drive as well but I also have the Train Cruise episodes on mine too, and they're almost 1GB per episode and there's 15 of them.

I had thought about hosting them from my NAS but I'm not sure how happy my ISP would be with the upload amount that would get used. I don't know how many people watch and download them. I could look into that as they're all stored on there anyway. I have a fixed IP for my website and mail server, so it's not as though it would be hard to set up. I only have 10Mb/s upload speed though, which isn't ideal.

The problem is that you only get 15GB of storage with Google. There are 25 episodes at 640MB each, which works out at just over 15GB.

I used to have them on my Google Drive as well but I also have the Train Cruise episodes on mine too, and they're almost 1GB per episode and there's 15 of them.

I had thought about hosting them from my NAS but I'm not sure how happy my ISP would be with the upload amount that would get used. I don't know how many people watch and download them. I could look into that as they're all stored on there anyway. I have a fixed IP for my website and mail server, so it's not as though it would be hard to set up. I only have 10Mb/s upload speed though, which isn't ideal.

I have a 80 go for Google so I can easily host them 

I'll begin and keep you informed

I'll post the links this way Densha can post the last episode and all the archive ones

I must look what is "Train Cruise episodes"

Can you give me a link of one of your favorite please?

I can host some if i can figure how to host them. Im sure ive got a google drive account thingo

Thanks go to

https://drive.google.com

Then it is easy