New NHK World show: Japan Railway Journal

miyakoji

Thanks for the file.  It has some vision errors at 11 minutes and the sound goes out of sync with the vision at around 16 minutes.

Edited by katoftw

Thanks for the file.  It has some vision errors at 11 minutes and the sound goes out of sync with the vision at around 16 minutes.

I watched the recorded show at dinnertime and that was fine, I've just watched that section of the mp4 (from 10:00 to 17:30) in MPC-HC and that was fine. Windows Media Player didn't show any errors but the sound did look slightly out at around 16 minutes.

I'll try converting it again later.

Hi.  Thanks.  I just rewatched those sections again.  I had no issues this time around.  My player must have just had an issue the first time.  Never had these issues before. Sorry.

No problem. If anyone else has the same thing, I will re-upload a new version just  in case. I'll get it converted ready to upload anway.

Great episode, interesting that JR East keep their engines in light steam between weekend trips. Not sure whether British preserved railways follow this policy.

Pleased to see that they are training the future team to keep the heritage alive.

Next week another new episode of Japan Railway Journal about JR Shikoku and his challenges and financial problems and of course, regular trains and tourist trains.

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/japanrailway/201610280600/

November 11, 2016

Picking Up the Pace: JR Shikoku's Tactics for Survival

Due to the privatization from Japan National Railway, 6 Japanese Railway Companies were established almost 30 years ago. Shikoku Railway Company, also known as JR Shikoku is the smallest among the 6 and started off with financial difficulties as well as the struggle of competing against the rapidly expanding highways. See how JR Shikoku developed the World's first diesel tilting train which led to the increase of speed and strategies to operate unique tourist trains.

tv_episode_201610280600_01_large.jpg

tv_episode_201610280600_02_min.jpgtv_episode_201610280600_03_min.jpgtv_episode_201610280600_04_min.jpgtv_episode_201610280600_05_min.jpgtv_episode_201610280600_06_min.jpg

New hours of Broadcast during winter (London Time)

Thursday, November 10 15:30 - 16:0021:30 - 22:00

Friday, November 11 3:30 - 4:009:30 - 10:00

Edited by fpav_2125
  • Like 1

No pressure Lee and Dabsan, but it would be awesome to watch this on the plane to Tokyo on Sunday night GMT +11  :) .

As always I really appreciate the efforts you go to to post these for us to watch (especially as we don't get them aired in Australia  :hmh: ).

No pressure Lee and Dabsan, but it would be awesome to watch this on the plane to Tokyo on Sunday night GMT +11  :) .

As always I really appreciate the efforts you go to to post these for us to watch (especially as we don't get them aired in Australia  :hmh: ).

Barring something catastrophic, there will be a link posted by one of us by the end of Friday. Thanks to the clocks going back, the show airs in the UK an hour earlier now... which is something I hadn't realised until I had missed virtually every show this week, because my timers were out by an hour. :(

• Like 2

Got to love daylight saving Lee. Catches me every time. Cool, so that's one hour of the eight hour flight sorted. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you blokes are awesome!

Dear Lee & Dabsan,

Thanks so much for the latest videos, much appreciated.. very informative!

Keep up the continuous of this nicely dedicated work.. :)

Hi, here is the latest Japan Railway Journal Episode 25.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B27zzQuTVMyWUjY5X3pscFRMZVU

Most appreciated, but this is the wrong link! Coming up as "Train Cruise Episode 10 - Autumn Delights in Tohoku and Shin-Etsu" for me ... scrub that, the link in my email notification was wrong, but edited post above is correct. My bad!

Edited by utrainia