Tokyo Metro: A Subway Network On Time & On Track

By my calculations this would be episode 68

Can be viewed here

• Like 2
bobbodaclown

New episode!

May 24, 2019

Nishi-Nippon Railroad: Fine Dining on an Even Finer Tourist Train

Nishi-Nippon Railroad's first tourist train "The Rail Kitchen Chikugo" began operating in March 2019 in the Kyushu region. The train, which is a showcase of traditional craftsmanship, features an open kitchen where a variety of dishes made from local produce are prepared. Come behind the scenes as we take an in-depth look at the development of this new train, and how the company will compete with the 11 tourist trains already operating in the region. Then in "Hands-on Railway History," we visit the Kyushu Railway History Museum where precious vehicles from Kyushu are on display.

• Like 1
bobbodaclown

Another new episode!

May 31, 2019

Hiroshima Electric Railway: On Track on the Streets

Since the 1960's Japan's streetcar numbers have fallen into decline due to an increase of cars, subways, and railway lines. However, to meet the aging population's need for safe and convenient public transport, streetcars have been making a comeback. See how Japan's largest streetcar operator, Hiroshima Electric Railway, is using second-hand vehicles collected from across Japan as well as modern trams to meet the demand. In "Trains in Focus," join us on the adorable Chuggington train that runs on the Okayama Electric Tramway.

brill27mcb
On 5/23/2019 at 6:27 PM, bobbodaclown said:

Another new episode!

May 31, 2019

Hiroshima Electric Railway: On Track on the Streets

Since the 1960's Japan's streetcar numbers have fallen into decline due to an increase of cars, subways, and railway lines. However, to meet the aging population's need for safe and convenient public transport, streetcars have been making a comeback. See how Japan's largest streetcar operator, Hiroshima Electric Railway, is using second-hand vehicles collected from across Japan as well as modern trams to meet the demand. In "Trains in Focus," join us on the adorable Chuggington train that runs on the Okayama Electric Tramway.

I thought that this was a great episode. Also liked the Enoden episode, but then I'm a tram guy...

Rich K.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, katoftw said:

Russel was great.  Sarah's super fake smile as annoying.  Thank god she is gone.

Sarah has always reminded me of a person, unfortunately also visually !, with which I had to collect negative experiences ...

Good that she is gone.

Russel was corny but genuinely seemed to be enjoying himself.  The newer host always feels fake to me and condescending to his Japanese co-hosts.

bobbodaclown

New Episode!

June 28, 2019

Hankai Tramway: Osaka's One & Only Tram Network

With a history of more than 100 years, Hankai Tramway, which connects Osaka City and Sakai City, is the only tram operator in Osaka Prefecture. With 2 other companies connecting the cities, Hankai Railway's ridership fell into decline, and just 10 years ago the section connecting Osaka City and Sakai City was in danger of closing. See how the company's ridership has increased with local government support. Also, see the company's new ultra-low-floor vehicle as well as Japan's oldest tram.

• Like 1
bobbodaclown

New Episode!

26 July 2019

JR Osaka Loop Line: Developing a Better, More User-Friendly Line

JR West's Osaka Loop Line is the main artery for public transport in Osaka. 13 of the line's 19 stations connect to subways and major private railways. Unfortunately, there were complaints that the stations are now too old and inconvenient to use. In response, JR West began the "Osaka Loop Line Development Project." The company introduced a new 3-door train and began renovating the station buildings and platforms. See JR West's efforts to develop a better, more passenger-friendly line. In "Trains in Focus" join us on the Hello Kitty wrapped "Kansai-Airport Express Haruka," and the cute Hello Kitty Shinkansen.

HankyuDentetsu

Bit late to the party but I miss old Russel too! Can't get used to Nathan at all 😞

Looking forward to the Osaka Loop Line episode though!

Edited by HankyuDentetsu
  • Like 1
bobbodaclown
On 7/21/2019 at 7:20 AM, HankyuDentetsu said:

Bit late to the party but I miss old Russel too! Can't get used to Nathan at all 😞

Looking forward to the Osaka Loop Line episode though!

He's Tasmanian, what can you expect? 😁😂🤣

HankyuDentetsu

That was a pretty good episode to be fair. Love it when they focus more on commuter rail and station infrastructure, rather than rural tourist trains.

Am I the only one who is appalled by the Hello Kitty treatment they've given to the N500, the best looking and coolest Shinkansen ever made?

On 7/27/2019 at 7:01 PM, bill937ca said:

Japan Railway Journal 73

"Let's take a look!"  A classic pose on this show...  - Rich K.

• Like 3
bobbodaclown
On 7/31/2019 at 6:41 AM, HankyuDentetsu said:

Am I the only one who is appalled by the Hello Kitty treatment they've given to the N500, the best looking and coolest Shinkansen ever made?

Compared to it's previous EVA incarnation it is indeed rubbish. Still rode on it though 😁

• Like 1