New NHK World show: Japan Railway Journal

miyakoji

Episode 48: March 1, 2018/ Enoshima Electric Railway: A Good Old 10km Ride

Next Show : March 8, 2018/ Airport Express Lines: How Competition is Improving the Ride into the City

• Like 1

Thanks for reminding me densha!  And this one is also to be found on youtube.

A big thanks to the users who have been posting the episodes for those of us who can't see it live.  I'm just linking the episodes as they come out if it looks like no-one has them saved.

• Like 3
Das Steinkopf

I watched it with my wife yesterday, we travelled the whole length of the line from Fujisawa to Kamakura last April, we got off at Enoshima and walked all around the island which took up a decent chunk of the day, one thing to watch out for is the Hawks as they are quite viscious and will swoop down and snatch food, my son an my eldest daughter had this happen to them at different parts of the day. My wife is keen to go back there when we decide to go back in the future, she wants to go from Kamakura to Fujisawa this time and stop at Kamakurakōkōmae so we can get a nice view of Mount Fuji, the day we went there it was overcast so we didn't see it that time.

scotspensioner
16 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

A big thanks to the users who have been posting the episodes for those of us who can't see it live.  I'm just linking the episodes as they come out if it looks like no-one has them saved.

I've been using the playlist feature on YouTube and have all episodes so far on it.Title is Alex's Japan Railway Journal.All episodes are on Inuyasha Knights site and can be accessed by typing Japan Railway Journal.

On 3/5/2018 at 6:46 PM, Kiha66 said:

I thought this was a great episode!

Rich K.

So a while back we were discussing if certain shows were repeats or not.  After 3 years and 48 episode, it is difficult to keep track.  I just noticed that NHK website does show if the program is a repeat or not.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/japanrailway/20180316/2049036/

Take the March 16 episode, next to the date, it shows "*RERUN".  And show nothing if the program was a first viewing.

Edited by katoftw
kevsmiththai

Well... Russel has left!

New young presenter from Australia with the Prof and an obligitary actress. Anybody know what Russ is doing now?

Kev

• Like 1
5 hours ago, kevsmiththai said:

Well... Russel has left!

New young presenter from Australia with the Prof and an obligitary actress. Anybody know what Russ is doing now?

Kev

To be honest I am not sad about that. 

I had problems watching the last episodes due to his behaviour.

Just compare the first episode with a recent one to understand what I mean.

bobbodaclown

Presenter: Nathan Berry

Nathan graduated with a degree in Performing Arts from the University of Tasmania in Australia. 

A good old Tassie boy!!!

Drunkenclam

Well Russell is still listed as a presenter on the JRJ page, but it does list previous episodes and his picture in the next episode (unless its a repeat)

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/japanrailway/20180413/2049037/

I always though he looked a bit stiff in front of the camera ever since they stopped filming from the diarama cafe.

interesting look although I did miss the little short segments from around Japan.

Edited by Drunkenclam

*New episode alert!*

April 20, 2018

The Ultimate in Comfort: New Limited Express Super Azusa

JR East's new Limited Express "Super Azusa", which operates between Shinjuku in Tokyo and Matsumoto in Nagano Prefecture, started service in December 2017. Discover how this express train has evolved, from the latest technology used to handle the many curves, to the improvements in comfort. Also discover the reasons why this is the first new vehicle to be developed in 24 years. In "Trains in Focus", join us as we take a ride on a beautiful sightseeing train that runs by the foot of the World Cultural Heritage Site - Mt. Fuji.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/japanrailway/20180420/2049049/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know I'm a little late, but I found episode 49 on youtube.

Not sure how I feel about the new presenter, but hopefully the program will continue for many episodes yet.

Edited by Kiha66
  • Thanks 1

The E353 episode was good.  Felt like I was watching at Trains in focas episode for the full 28 minutes. haha 

Miki Clark still is probably been the best presenter the show has had.

• Like 1
Ochanomizu

Hello,

Where can I get episodes after #47?  Is it YouTube only?

PM me with info please.

Cheers

Ocha

Ochanomizu

OK,

Nobody PM me ... so I download from Youtube.

www.youtube.com/??? ----->  www.ssyoutube.com/???

Give it a try if you want to save to your hard disk.

Ochanomizu

I just watched the latest episode and have one comment:

Russell can't just leave .... who does HE think he is ???

Edited by Ochanomizu
serotta1972

Yeah, this new guy doesn't give off a good vibe.  Is he even really needed.  Maybe we're just used to Russell. :)