New NHK World show: Japan Railway Journal

miyakoji

Thank you so much Lee san for the video!

Sarah McDonald have been showing up pretty often these few episodes... I still prefer Miki Murai...

• Like 3

The newest episode is interesting, but there are going to be major changes coming in the Kansai region airport train service within the next few years. They're already started construction work at the former Umeda Freight Terminal for a new underground station right next to the current JR West Osaka Station (accessible by walkway), which will allow the Haruka airport limited express train to add a new stop so passengers riding Haruka can now walk to the hotels surrounding Osaka Station.

LOL! Poor old Narita Express didn't get much more of a look in either.

As always Lee, thanks for taking the time to record and upload this episode. Much appreciated.

You're welcome.

I should just add something to those people who take the time to offer thanks. You probably notice that I'm not very good at hitting the "Like This" button... it's not because I dislike the comments, I'm just generally not very good with the whole internet Like/Dislike thing.

I also don't really come on the site unless I am uploading something and trust me, that's a good thing for everyone else. I tend to achieve Pariah status on most forums I go on, so me being quiet on here ensures that I can carry on uploading and sharing... which is the important thing.

• Like 3

The newest episode is interesting, but there are going to be major changes coming in the Kansai region airport train service within the next few years. They're already started construction work at the former Umeda Freight Terminal for a new underground station right next to the current JR West Osaka Station (accessible by walkway), which will allow the Haruka airport limited express train to add a new stop so passengers riding Haruka can now walk to the hotels surrounding Osaka Station.

Which services/routes are planned to stop at the new station besides the airport express?

Which services/routes are planned to stop at the new station besides the airport express?

I believe the Kuroshio limited express will also use this station.

• Like 1

In next week will come another new episode, this time about the IC cards for rail transport in Japan (Suica, Pasmo, etc) Detalis now:

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/japanrailway/201707260600/

Prepaid E-money Cards: The Smart Way to Travel in Japan

15 million people commute in and out of Tokyo every day, and most of them now use prepaid e-money cards. Because one card can be recognized by multiple transport companies, the system has streamlined automated fare collection. A card's IC chip has an e-wallet function, and can store information such as boarding section and expiration dates on monthly passes; all of which can be verified in just 0.2 seconds. See how these cards and the technology behind them have transformed rail travel in Japan.

Hours of Broadcast (London Time)

Thursday, August 3 16:30 - 17:0022:30 - 23:00 

Friday, August 4 4:30 - 5:0010:30 - 11:00

Edited by fpav_2125
  • Like 3

For next week another episode exclusivelly about "HIGH RAIL 1375", the new JR East tourist train started operations in July 2017, details now:

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/japanrailway/201708010600/

August 11, 2017

HIGH RAIL 1375: The Tourist Train That Touches New Heights

"HIGH RAIL 1375" is JR East's newest tourist train, which started operating in July 2017. The train runs on the JR Koumi Line through the mountains of Nagano and Yamanashi Prefectures; an area famous for its majestic alpine views and beautiful starry skies. The train makes the most of its stunning backdrop, and offers unique services for day and night operations. Come behind the scenes as we take an in-depth look at the development of this new train, and how its revitalizing the local area.

Hours of Broadcast (London Time)

Thursday, August 10 16:30 - 17:0022:30 - 23:00

Friday, August 11 4:30 - 5:0010:30 - 11:00

Edited by fpav_2125
  • Like 1

Damn, sorry everyone... only just realised after Ronny sent me an email that I had recorded a show last week. :( This is another one of those stressed out times of the with what should be a wedding anniversary but instead is an anniversary of when I scattered my wife's ashes after she died. :(

I have recorded last week's show, so don't worry, you haven't missed it, I'm just less with it that I usually am... I will get it uploaded asap.

Damn, sorry everyone... only just realised after Ronny sent me an email that I had recorded a show last week. :( This is another one of those stressed out times of the with what should be a wedding anniversary but instead is an anniversary of when I scattered my wife's ashes after she died. :(

I have recorded last week's show, so don't worry, you haven't missed it, I'm just less with it that I usually am... I will get it uploaded asap.

Don't worry Mr. Lee. I have a sugestion, post the two new episodes in one post, the episode for this week is new too. 

Episode 37: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7LFvItVrwd0OHNlNV9PQnVkRlk/view?usp=sharing

Don't worry Mr. Lee. I have a sugestion, post the two new episodes in one post, the episode for this week is new too. 

It's okay, I would rather do last week's while I remember, just in case I forget this week's as well. It takes close to 45 minutes to do each episode, with the copying from my satellite to my PC, the conversion and then the upload, so one at a time means less time watching progress bars go by.

• Like 6

Thanks for the upload Lee.

And all my wishes of "healing"... I'm devastated just to think about what you must have gone through.