New NHK World show: Japan Railway Journal

miyakoji

Hi, here is the latest episode

Episode 18 The Future of Rail Freight Transport

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B27zzQuTVMyWaFZiV3NXNUd4N0E

Many thanks to LeeC22 who kindly records these shows :notworthy:

Lee mentioned to me if there are any quality issues or problems with this recording please let him know and he will try his other recording.

ENJOY :blob7:

Edited by dabsan
  • Like 7

Many thanks to Lee san and dabsan as usual for sharing these!

Not a huge fan of freight, but nonetheless a nice show to watch ~

bobbodaclown

Many thanks to Lee san and dabsan as usual for sharing these!

Not a huge fan of freight, but nonetheless a nice show to watch ~

Haha, I usually have an argument with my six year old; I often want to run a passenger train on our small layout but he always wants to run freight.  :)

I have my suspicions that this series has hit the end of the line... for now at least. They have now filled this show's time slot with something called Big Buzz Japan.

I have my suspicions that this series has hit the end of the line... for now at least. They have now filled this show's time slot with something called Big Buzz Japan.

A new episode is coming. I'll publish days and hours of broadcast during next week. This episode will about of light rail vehicles (LRVs) or more simply, trams, focused in cases of Fukui and Toyama cities.

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/japanrailway/

Edited by fpav_2125

I guess I didn't do a very good job of researching that. :(

I still have the weekly timers set, so they will pick up the new episodes as they arrive. *sigh* Let that be a lesson to you all to trust nothing I say. ;)

• Like 1

July 15, 2016

Light Rail Vehicles: Modern Trams Reshaping Urban Transit

This program is all about the successive introduction of light rail vehicles (LRVs). Check out Fukui city's LRV under mutual direct operation between 2 railway companies, how Toyama city increased ridership by implementing LRVs onto a line which was on the verge of being discontinued, and the benefits LRVs have on the region. Also, be sure to see the activities of the "Tohoku Live Steam Club" where they build and operate their own large-scale steam locomotives based in Miyagi Prefecture.

tv_episode_201606290600_01_large.jpg

tv_episode_201606290600_01_min.jpgtv_episode_201606290600_02_min.jpgtv_episode_201606290600_03_min.jpg

tv_episode_201606290600_04_min.jpgtv_episode_201606290600_05_min.jpgtv_episode_201606290600_06_min.jpg

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 3

Before that episode, there is one on 7th July, on Izumi Railway, correct?

tv_episode_201606220600_01_small.jpg
Most Third Sector railways are former nationally owned lines in rural areas that run at a loss. Recently, Isumi Railway decided on a new strategy to change this. In 2009, they opened their doors to...

Watch Live in

7days 6hours 36min

I think this is a repeated telecast?
Edited by JR 500系

The links for Episode 16 and the higher-quality Episode 15 seem to have expired or been removed - could someone please repost them?  Thank you!

Edited by AceyPrime

Yeah, even after asking, for some reason I got stuck with the LQ version of the Shimakaze episode (15). It's triggering my OCD :sad1:

I can post them if nobody else does but as I don't keep the mp4 versions (I have the original 2GB+ .ts files instead), I would need to convert them again first.

Oh, I'm looking forward to the tram episode.

Since they're in Fukui I'm wonderung if they'll mention their "Retram".

It's a German GT4 type tram from Stuttgart

kVPTEv7.jpg

• Like 1