bikkuri bahn

With the upcoming opening of the Ueno Tokyo Line, JR East has announced the special trains (rinji ressha) typically running on weekends and holidays, that will utilize this route:

-Ltd. Express Odoriko 161/162  Abiko to Izukyu Shimoda and return, 7 or 10 car 185 series

-Express Burari Yokohama/Kamakura-go  Iwaki to Kamakura and return, 7 car 651 series

-Ltd. Express Kinugawa 92/93  Ofuna to Kinugawa Onsen and return, 6 car 253 series

http://news.mynavi.jp/news/2015/01/23/312/

• Like 1

Kabutoni

-Ltd. Express Kinugawa 92/93  Ofuna to Kinugawa Onsen and return, 6 car 253 series

THIS sounds very interesting, as we're planning a trip to Kinugawa Onsen and a direct journey from Yokohama sounds pretty damn perfect. Especially considering the fact that this run is over the JR East and Tōbu network :)

Guest ___

I forgot about the new line, and will be based camped out of Asukusa this fall. Looking forward to seeing it. I'm just hoping it doesn't borked up the railfanning sight-lines since the last time I fanned the area.