Which way to go?

SantaFe1970

You're also presupposing that the entirety of Japan switched to Bern gauge at some point, unless you just run UK trains.

Well not necessarily all of Japan...

Anyway must go, there's some sort of "police" knocking at my door, I wonder what they want.

I think the train store at Stazione Termini in Rome lasted at least until 1979-81 or so, because that was when I was living in Napoli (I am from the US; my father was in the US Navy, and was stationed in Naples). And I remember the store from earlier trips through Rome, maybe 1976? Maybe earlier? 

And I am very glad that there was suitable celebration in the Ivory Coast last week. (For a final Italian connection here, I was in Naples in the summer of 1982 when Italy won the World Cup. Best party of my life. Still.)

As far as a Santa Fe warbonnet scheme goes, its the iconic red, yellow, black and stainless steel nose of an ATSFE passenger diesel loco. I'd post a link if I knew how... Anyways, Google will show you.

Ciao,

Yep Italian Win of the world cup ended in an - mostly after match - show!!! ... ... ... LLLOOOLLL!!!

As far the american liveries (liveries is correct?? are concerned I think I saw (ages ago) a start-set Shinaknsen (3 pieces) in UP colours (and it was really well done and nice to look at), so ...

Francesco

PS: the time frame for the shop at station is correct: I got there - I was a kd at that time - few Rivarossi H0 (well 1:80) rolling stocks!

Edited by FastFranz

I think I've figured out what's attracting to me to Japanese electric freight locos: its the heavy freight operations, on cape gauge with Japanese loading gauge. I like the proportions. 

Right now I'm thinking of getting a Kato EH500. I like the red, too.