Things I've Learned From Perpetual JR Aizu Wakamatsu Screen Shot Thread

Guest ___

http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php/topic,1049.0.html

• The weather is always the same on the web cam as what the weather is doing outside of my own window.
  • The same Japanese schoolgirl with the green backpack needs to set her watch back 10 minuets. (She's always late and running)
  • Special train sets like the KIHA 59 and the steam train seem to run whenever w/ no logic to their schedule.
  • Railfans seem to love to shoot the JR-485's from platform 1 any day of the week and will wait for them for hours.
  • Even the train crews and station service personel are railfans and cluster in groups to take pix.

BTW: midnight race (2pm Japan time) not even close. The train coming in on track one was three minuets late. I blame the rain.

Also it looks like NTT has upgraded the silverlight player interface, there's some new features on the actual player now.

Mudkip Orange
The same Japanese schoolgirl with the green backpack needs to set her watch back 10 minuets. (She's always late and running)

This sounds like it could be the opening plot to a romantic comedy. (or a restraining order)

David Caruso IS... the TRAIN WATCHER

David Caruso? That guy's still an actor. Last I heard he went to South Beach and opened up a chain of bootleg HK movie imports next to a frozen yogurt shop.

No one busted me on the picture of that ghost of a ninja image I snuck on there either. Not one of any one on here noticed the ghost ninja on the platform?

CaptOblivious

No one busted me on the picture of that ghost of a ninja image I snuck on there either. Not one of any one on here noticed the ghost ninja on the platform?

Uhm…no? Post a link?

CaptOblivious

Pfft, 5 pages at 50 posts per page, yeah... ok  :dark1:

Wait, then I'm confused…there is a ninja in every image?

It's going to sit there until at least 0900 JST, so I'm waiting for better light at which point you'll be able to see the drumhead better.

disturbman

Yeah, I tried something new. A bit more candid and roses in voice... did I hurt you?

Next time I will try a "pretty please".  :cheesy

Hmm, interesting. I assume it had to be a special as there is no regualr service between Ueno and Aizuwakamastu via the Tokhoku Main Line.

CaptOblivious

Hmm, interesting. I assume it had to be a special as there is no regualr service between Ueno and Aizuwakamastu via the Tokhoku Main Line.

Wait, doesn't the Aizu Liner (the red 485) terminate at Ueno? I thought that was teh gist of the Japanese Wikipedia article

I spent a week at Ueno and hadn't seen the Aizuliner once. If it ran in to Ueno, it must be like one day or once a week or something, cause I hadn't seen a single 485 come in there. I spent three straight days shooting there.

Looks like it wasn't running while I was there. http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fja.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2F%25E3%2581%2582%25E3%2581%2584%25E3%2581%25A5%25E3%2583%25A9%25E3%2582%25A4%25E3%2583%258A%25E3%2583%25BC%232008.E5.B9.B4.E3.81.AE.E9.81.8B.E8.A1.8C&sl=ja&tl=en&history_state0=

Operation of the Year 2008

2008年 7月19日~9月28日の土曜・休日に復活運行(8月9~10日・16~17日、9月23日を除く)。 2008 July 19 to September 28 of the runs back on the holiday on Saturday (August 9-10 16-17, except September 23). 使用車両や座席種別等は2007年の運行と同じとなる。 Type of vehicle and seat and use the same operation in 2007.

停車駅 Stop

* 上野 - 赤羽 - 大宮 - 小山 - 宇都宮 - 黒磯 - 郡山 - 磐梯熱海 - 猪苗代 - 会津若松 - 喜多方 Ueno - Akabane - Omiya - Oyama - Utsunomiya - Kuroiso - Koriyama - Bandai Atami - Inawashiro - Aizuwakamatsu - Kitakata

[ 編集 ] 2009年の運行 [Edit] Operation of the Year 2009

2009年 7月4日に下り列車が、翌5日には上り列車が国鉄色の485系で運転される予定。 2009 July 4 trains a day, five days following the color of the up-train Raiload 485 system will be operated on. さらに、7月18日から8月2日までの土休日(7月25日は下りのみ)と8月29日・30日・9月19日~9月23日は、例年通りあかべぇ編成で運転される予定。 In addition, from July 18 to August 2, Saturday Closed Sunday (July 25 is down only) and 29 August 30 September 19 - September 23, Let's drive up all the usual red be. [1] [1]

bikkuri bahn

The train was covered on the Tetsudo Fan website:

http://railf.jp/news/2009/07/05/234100.html

Note that an overwhelming 90% of the forum readers can not read Japanese. Google's translation provides very basic translations that are 40% off in accuracy at best.

I am quite aware of that.  I linked for the picture.  As far as the caption, it says the the ltd. express Aizu ran in JNR colors on the weekend of the 4th and 5th, leaving Ueno on the 4th, and departing Kitakata on the 5th.  The trainset is 485 set T-18, based out of Niigata.  The headmark is a sticker, rather than a proper drumhead/illuminated scroll.  Picture taken between Higashiwashinomiya and Kurihashi (just north of Omiya on the Tohoku Mainline), on July 4.