Tomix turnouts - under table wiring

velotrain

You can trick the system when you place the train just before the first stop on the first leg of the Z. This is the best, but after the first move, the original starting point doesn't matter as the program repeats itself.

The extra sensors and turnouts are incuded to show that you don't have to recable it to switch programs.

The sensors are triggered by the first metal wheel, but there is a programmable stopping distance. You have to place the sensors one stopping distance before the desired stopping location. This distance varies with each train type, speed and slowdown settings.

Overall the TCS is very simple but its users can be clever.

You can trick the system when you place the train just before the first stop on the first leg of the Z. This is the best, but after the first move, the original starting point doesn't matter as the program repeats itself.

Thanks - I was wondering if this program was suitable for an industrial situation.

I guess once it's repeating it really doesn't matter, as the original start location will be "transparent".

I generally associate switchbacks with mining or logging operations having very steep grades - like this scene from the Cass Railway:

post-941-0-51012200-1424729953_thumb.jpg

Is there any capability of setting delays at the end points?  - not the turnouts.

Ganging up two TCS's for a longer switchback section?  - Perhaps that requires excessive cleverness ;-)

This can be done will a lot of separate components, but it's nice to have them integrated in the TCS.  

(I keep thinking it stands for Train Control System).