Pro-Z - Layout in motion

Darren Jeffries

It looks like Pro-Z is taking off and given Marklin a run for it's money. I really don't know much about Z scale because for me N scale is small enough. Is Pro-Z making American prototypes also? I wonder if Z scalers would go to Japanese prototypes if they are offering more models?

I always hate to revise dead posts, but I just thought I'd make a quick little review on them since it seems like there's no one on here modeling in Z.

I first saw the Tokyo Maurai Pro-Z on my last trip to Tokyo at the station at Ueno, thought nothing really of it. Did some measuring to start work on a new N-scale layout and discovered that "She Who Must Be Obeyed" did not care for my plans. As a result, had to rethink the new layout. After some searching, ordered one from Atlanta Airsoft.

I can't stress enough that the overall level of detail they put into this system is incredible. Now only if they get around to releasing the expansion sets and trains... They have had some issues with release dates being pushed back several times, and when they do finally release new products they go into immediate back order due to the strong sales.

Anyone who hasn't looked in to them in detail should really give it a try. It's nowhere near as hard to work with as I thought. And if you're living in 500Sqft of space, it can go a long way.

Shashinka - feel free to post away on old threads or if you like start a new thread on Pro-Z.

I think one of the reasons you don't see many posts on Pro-Z, as you said, they're hard to get.

CaptOblivious

I second Bernard's post: Start a thread! I was really tempted to go the Pro-Z route, but the selection just didn't do it for me. I'd love to hear more about your experience with it! And welcome to the forum!

I always hate to revise dead posts, but I just thought I'd make a quick little review on them since it seems like there's no one on here modeling in Z.

I first saw the Tokyo Maurai Pro-Z on my last trip to Tokyo at the station at Ueno, thought nothing really of it. Did some measuring to start work on a new N-scale layout and discovered that "She Who Must Be Obeyed" did not care for my plans. As a result, had to rethink the new layout. After some searching, ordered one from Atlanta Airsoft.

I can't stress enough that the overall level of detail they put into this system is incredible. Now only if they get around to releasing the expansion sets and trains... They have had some issues with release dates being pushed back several times, and when they do finally release new products they go into immediate back order due to the strong sales.

Anyone who hasn't looked in to them in detail should really give it a try. It's nowhere near as hard to work with as I thought. And if you're living in 500Sqft of space, it can go a long way.

I thoguht about starting a new thread, but it sorta donned on me that the chances of actually getting a response due to the severe lack of modelers to the system didn't warrant it.

CaptOblivious

I thoguht about starting a new thread, but it sorta donned on me that the chances of actually getting a response due to the severe lack of modelers to the system didn't warrant it.

Bah, you're no fun  :-[ Peer pressure, everyone!

Martijn Meerts

There's several of us that just like trains because they're trains, not because of one scale or another. Personally, I have 4 different scales by now (including a digitalized Marklin Z started set ;))

Mojo - Welcome to the forum. It seems like the modeler who made the layout has removed it from Youtube but I see it I can find it. In the meantime, take a look at the other Pro-z threads here that show other layouts.