Kato 10-298 683-2000 "Shirasagi"

LuckyJim400

Hi,

I'm new on the forum and I'm in Switzerland. I recently bought the Shirasagi as a non-runner. After replacing the hard-wired decoder and finding it still didn't work I came to the idea of testing the motor by connecting the controller wires directly to the motor contacts. Nothing. So unless anybody has another idea it looks like the motor is dead. Can anyone tell me how to find a new motor and/or chassis, I already tried 'HobbySearch' without luck but I have no parts list. Grateful for any help,

LuckyJim

Did you tried the motor directly to DCC controller? as far as i know it wont work.. You should connect it to a DC 12V power supply or any 12V DC controller.

Did you tried the motor directly to DCC controller? as far as i know it wont work.. You should connect it to a DC 12V power supply or any 12V DC controller.

No, I tried it with a DC 12V controller. Thanks for your answer.

Hi,

I'm new on the forum and I'm in Switzerland. I recently bought the Shirasagi as a non-runner. After replacing the hard-wired decoder and finding it still didn't work I came to the idea of testing the motor by connecting the controller wires directly to the motor contacts. Nothing. So unless anybody has another idea it looks like the motor is dead. Can anyone tell me how to find a new motor and/or chassis, I already tried 'HobbySearch' without luck but I have no parts list. Grateful for any help,

LuckyJim

The Kato reference page (in Japanese) is here:

http://www.katomodels.com/n/683kei2000/

PDF with parts list is available there; the part you'll need is 4684B (e.g.  http://www.1999.co.jp/10251289 )

• Like 1