Health issues

Martijn Meerts

Martijn Meerts

Just a quick note to all the members regarding some health issues I've been having, which causes me to sometimes not be able to post something I promised to post (for example, I sometimes promise to post pictures of something, but end up posting them much later than I expected.)

It seems I have chronic repetitive strain injury (RSI, mouse arm, whatever you want to call it.) The chronic part really means that it hurts pretty much all day, every day. In my case it's mostly my right shoulder that's a problem, which at times also causes really bad head aches. Some days are worse than others, for example, there are days where I have problems carrying groceries from the store up to the house. During those days I try to do as little with my right arm as possible, hence the occasional delays in promised postings ;)

There is a solution to the problem, which includes months worth of physiotherapy, and preferably quit doing what caused the injury. In my case that means quitting my job.

Anyway, if I'm late doing something I promised to do, you now know why.

Oh, and of course, I'm also lazy  :grin

Martijn - Sorry to hear about your arm. Therapy does work, I have a tear in my rotator cuff in my shoulder and to prevent surgery I did a lot of streching exercises with the guidence of a professional, I got full mobility back. I will always have the tear but with stretching I can try and prevent it from getting worse.'

Good luck!

Darren Jeffries

Marti,

You just get yourself well again, anything else can wait. Your health is the most important thing, without it everything else is much harder in life.

Take it easy friend.

Darren

Sorry to hear about the injury. I know the chronic pains all too well so, I can emphasize well with trying to work under that sort of condition. Get well soon.

I know that problem all too well.  Many ppl around me has this problem.  I try not to over working my mouse hand.  Also, padding and support works too!

Martijn, don't feel bad if you take time to answer or post something that you promised. We are not vultures, a bit of delay is allways ok and we will never harass you about that. I can understand that you feel bad about it but really, no need too.

I hope you will find a way to feel and get better, chronic pain really is a b****.

Take care of yourself.

Martijn,

No worries, do what you need to do to to take care of yourself and dont worry bout being late or having to do anything. job one is getting your self back in shape!

having almost lost my thumb to repetitive stress (odd trackball design) and one bout with the mouse wrist (bad desk at a client site for a few months) i know the feeling of being asked to not use your mouse hand when its your living. still always my fear to tell you the truth.

I hope that you can find a solution and get your arm/shoulder back in shape. best wishes and luck with a good recovery here.

cheers,

jeff