Gerry's Japanese Layout

gerryo

I received the last bridges, Tomix Fine Double Track Bridge (F) 3226, and they are a lot more difficult to put together than the double span bridges.  They have 3 different types of railings which offers the first difficulty.  Deciding which one to use.

The next is the delicacy of the parts.  Have to be sure to use a sharp knife. 

Then, of course, is the "not understanding Japanese".  The pics are not very clear about what is to be done with some of the pieces.  Working on my Matsumoto Castle has been a breeze compared to these bridges. 

Anyway, onward and upward. 

gerryo

Gerryo,

If you have a smartphone or tablet try the Google translate app, you can take a picture of instructions and then just hilight the bit you want it to translate. Works pretty well, well enough to usually figure out instructions.

Cheers

Jeff

Don't worry.  You seem to be getting better with the instructions.  Once you've worked with various Japanese kits.  The missing links will become more noticable.  Keep chipping away at them.  They'll get easier and easier.

Thanx katoftw.  I think I'm just taking more time with understanding the pics.

I have most of the Matsumoto Castle built.  Just the roof sections to be glued on when I get some lights in there.  Some of those small spaces will be hard to get to with my big fingers.

Here are a couple of pics.

gerryo

post-2768-0-71081300-1454381878_thumb.jpg

post-2768-0-83036800-1454381896_thumb.jpg

• Like 2