new Meitetsu electric loco, replacement for ED79, etc?

miyakoji

We have confirmation that the EL120's are taking over the role so recently filled by the now departed, late lamented Deki 600's. 

Sadly, the color schemes don't match nearly as well - but, they do provide the three primary colors.

gallery_941_135_384561.jpg

In my search for images of the welded rail train, I've found wonderful photos of the whole Deki family, with multiple types often in the same image.  That's truly an outstanding livery, and even on a cloudy day the colors can really pop - is that atmospheric perspective or Photoshop?

gallery_941_135_211666.jpg

I've discovered a new working technique - which may already be familiar to some of you.  When you select a photo from the Google results, you get the additional thumbnails to the right under the "Related images:" tag.  If there are sufficient images available, the bottom right most of these is "View more".  

Selecting that will bring up a new set of images - based on the image you previously selected, and many of which may not have been included in the initial result set.  This allows you to "drill down", finding the greatest number of photos of exactly what you want.  The danger is that there is a tendency to keep doing this, with the result being that you never get back to your original search -selection ;-)

This has allowed me to locate detailed images of the cars used in the Meitetsu welded rail train.  As an example, the rail supports looked as if they (appropriately) might have been made from sections of old rail, but I couldn't see them clearly enough to be certain.  I've just located the proof, which also shows deck extensions at the buffers, allowing workers to more easily (and safely) walk between the cars.

gallery_941_135_52278.jpg

• Like 1

Do the chrome stripes on the front of the EL120s look like mustaches to anyone else?

Yes - from a Noh or Kabuki theatre character.

Cheers NB