New Sony Camera For Trains This Winter

to give this a bit of a kick I just bought a Sony A6000 mirrorless camera as part of the current special Sony has on where you get the 55-210 lens as well. It is my first new camera purchase in a very long time and a very impressive thing it is too. It will certainly be easier to carry around than a DSLR and I'll be pointing it at some Japanese trains starting in Sapporo in February.

Well I have just returned from visiting my son in Takasu near Asahikawa, our travels took us then to Sapporo and down to Hakodate, Nagano and Matsumoto travelling on Super Kamui, Hokuto, Super Hakucho, Hayabusa, Asama, Shinano, Super Azusa and NEX services. I am very happy with my Sony a6000, I took the 16-50 kit lens and the 55-210 zoom along with a 35mm2.8 zuiko with adapter. it was so much better than carrying a DSLR and I have started to put some photos on my flickr page if you are interested www.flickr.com/photos/bl2

Edited by wazzd
  • Like 4

Nice pics! 

I'm a Sony mirrorless user too (a NEX-7 with a Sony 35, but I mostly use MF Zuikos and Leica M lenses on it) and have always been impressed with the sensor, especially in low light.

• Like 1