Nice N700 Shinkansen ads

bikkuri bahn

bikkuri bahn

There was an interesting old thread about "feel good" Shinkansen advertisements, and one poster who works in advertising made a comment about how in the JR ads the train itself was the center of attention.  The following ads I'm sure many of you have already seen, but I think are quite good, and obviously show JR Tokai's pride in their trains, specifically the N700.

This one touts the environmentally friendly nature of HSR, aimed at the eco-conscious business traveler, who may also be considering flying:

This promotes the spring 2008 schedule change.  A nice touch towards the end is the use of criss-crossing lines, an allusion to the train diagrams ("daiya") used in the working timetable:

Finally, similar to the one above, but including a pitch for IC card reservation/ticketing:

aimed at the eco-conscious business traveler

I'd like to see one aimed at me, the homely, poor, non-slick tourist who doesn't find six-inch high heels attractive.  :)

aimed at the eco-conscious business traveler

I'd like to see one aimed at me, the homely, poor, non-slick tourist who doesn't find six-inch high heels attractive.  :)

You'll never see that happen. Because the last time I was filmed for a "commercial" I was told it would be for private sue only.  ;D