Difference between Tsubame Tomix 92935 and Tomix 92387

Sascha

Hello. I wan't to purchase a Tomix Tsubame, but there are two different versions. The price is the same, they also look the same, except for the red line on the lead car. The line on the 92935 is straight, and the one on the 92387is curved.So I wonder if one is maybe an older version, and which one I should get.

929xx is limited version. It will not be released again.

Got it. And you couldn't tell me the last 2 numbers why? :)

Edited by Sascha

Got it. And you couldn't tell me the last 2 numbers why?

Ususally this syntax means all sets between 92900 and 92999 are limited versions. (please correct me if i'm wrong)

• Like 1
Krackel Hopper

It is also the difference between the 800 and the new 800-1000 variant.

The 800-1000 sets feature minor livery changes (red line wave) and different color seats internally.

800-1000 sets also feature some track monitoring equipment.

• Like 1

It is also the difference between the 800 and the new 800-1000 variant.

The 800-1000 sets feature minor livery changes (red line wave) and different color seats internally.

800-1000 sets also feature some track monitoring equipment.

I always learn something new here. So the lets say,800- 2000 would also add something? I was wondering because Tomix had the same train with different 1000 numbers.

Do not buy the older set from 2004.  It will not have power couplers.

I have both the newer versions, 92837 + 92836.  Both were released last year.  And yes one is modelled on the 800-0 varient and one is modelled on the newer 800-1000 model varient.  The later having the newer Kyushu livery with the humps and loops on the red line.  Also the "Around The Kyushu, Kyushu Railway Company, Kyushu Limited Express" logo might be silver or gold, and larger and/or smaller in diameter.  Below are some pics I took of a 800-0 3 weeks ago.

Both the -0 and -1000 are currently in revenue service if that have any bearing on your decision.

post-1782-0-19357800-1416086308_thumb.jpgpost-1782-0-39732500-1416086388_thumb.jpgpost-1782-0-28379200-1416086432_thumb.jpgpost-1782-0-99234700-1416086476_thumb.jpg

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1

Do not buy the older set from 2004. It will not have power couplers.

Both the -0 and -1000 are currently in revenue service if that have any bearing on your decision.

Thanks for the tip. I will get the newer set. Right now my decision on what train I get is based on the trains I used in the Tokyo Subway or if I like the design. It was a close call between the Tsubame and the N700,but I have never been on a Shinkansen. That will hopefully change next year in April,since im planing another trip to Tokyo.

This train runs between Hakata and Kagoshima. Probably the furtherest Shinkansen from Tokyo.

That's the reason why I gave up on my Tokyo project, and changed it into a Japanese scenery project. There are to many different trains I want to get. [emoji1]

This train runs between Hakata and Kagoshima.  Probably the furtherest Shinkansen from Tokyo.

That was one of the reasons why I sold off my Tsubame. It was my very first N scale train set, but it really couldn't meet up with the JR East trains that I like so much. That's the U002 you've captured on the picture, I remembered there is a U006 limited edition set if i'm not wrong, is that the 800-1000 set? I've read somewhere that because of the mountainous region in Kyushu, the Tsubame was built to be able to run gradients better than any other shinkansen, not sure if I recall correctly...

That's the reason why I gave up on my Tokyo project, and changed it into a Japanese scenery project. There are to many different trains I want to get. [emoji1]

Haha Sascha, that's always a problem. Because Japan trains ALL look so good we want ALL of their models!

• Like 2

I've read somewhere that because of the mountainous region in Kyushu, the Tsubame was built to be able to run gradients better than any other shinkansen, not sure if I recall correctly...

Correct.  More powered cars and less cars in total to pull.  The N700-7000 Sanyo/Kyushu Shinkansen is the same.

Edited by katoftw

You will not be dissappointed. Just check the pantographs when it arrives. They are so flimsy that they may dissassemble during shipping bumps and knocks. Very easy to put back together though.

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1

Ususally this syntax means all sets between 92900 and 92999 are limited versions. (please correct me if i'm wrong)

And recently the numbering changed to 98XXX.  Of course, 989XX are limited edition.

• Like 1