1/10 size E7 shinkansen at open day

miyakoji

The video below shows one of these 1/10 size (or whatever) trains that they run at depot open days and such events. Does anyone know if the employees of the depot build these? It looks like quality construction and has a control panel with a master control and brake lever, and even an emergency stop button. This has got to cost many hundreds of thousands of yen. Then there's the matter of the track...

• Like 1

There is a high end companies that makes these custom along with garden rr as well. I think there was a thread a out them on the forum somewhere.

Jeff

Here is an Australia company that does there versions:- http://www.minitrains.com.au/page.php?id=1

I'm sure there would be American, Euro and Japanese companies doing there own versions too.

Some are steam powered, propane powered and battery powered.  By the lack of noise the E7 version is making, I'm guessing it was a battery version.

Edited by katoftw

The people at the Hungarian Railway Historical Park are building their garden trains themselves in the 1:1 repair shops. For the tracks they are using steel T sections. The control electronics are suprisingly simple: main switch, direction selector, throttle, headlight switch, sound volume, mechanical handbrake. The locomotives are multiunit capable through jumper cables and this mode is selected by not selecting a direction on the non control units. (in case of mu-ing the last locomotive has to be the master, since the driver sits on the first passenger car, throttle position is transmitted by pwm) Besides the battery locos, there are some live steamers and diesels too, run only during bigger events. Total length of the tracks are around 800 meters.

kerti_vasut.jpg?itok=s2va8QJY 203_2_resize.JPG

Edited by kvp