In a Hobby Shop....

Guest bill937ca

Really nice to see a hobby shop. I remember as a kid every town had a hobby shop now they are rare to find where I live. When you do find a shop, it is mostly adults who are in the store purchasing items. As a kid, I would go as often as I could.

• Like 1

Many Japanese hobby shops have layouts in them you can rent for set periods of time to run your trains. You can also rent tp trains to run! Some have camera trains and full cab mock ups with a screen and big tomix throttle setup that functions like a trial train throttle setup so you can "drive" your train.

There are even a few companies that have mobile layouts you can rent for an event complete with camera and cab setup like above. Perfect for your kids birthday party.

There are even a few hotel rooms you can rent complete with a layout to play with!

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 2

There are even a few companies that have mobile layouts you can rent for an event complete with camera and cab setup like above. Perfect for your kids birthday party.

Pfft, like I'd let kids touch my trains. Getting their chocolate all over everything.

I'll rent one for my own birthday. That will show them.

bnicolas1987

I wonder I could have a similar layout in HO gauge...

By the way, did someone notice that both songs of those videos are from the Character songs of the anime "Suzumiya Haruhi no yūutsu" / The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya?

Many Japanese hobby shops have layouts in them you can rent for set periods of time to run your trains. You can also rent tp trains to run! Some have camera trains and full cab mock ups with a screen and big tomix throttle setup that functions like a trial train throttle setup so you can "drive" your train.

There are even a few hotel rooms you can rent complete with a layout to play with!

• Like 1

Cheers

Jeff

This is AsoBit City in Akihabara, not ABC.  There's even an English language web page.

Models Imon

Edited by bill937ca

A hotel room with a layout included.....just hope the it's not a basketball player from the NY Knicks.....they wouldn't fit in the bed or their feet would be hanging over the layout :)

• Like 1