Kinki Sharyo to build new Hibiya Line cars

bikkuri bahn

This Thursday, Nov. 6, Kinki Sharyo announced it had received an order from Tokyo Metro for replacement stock for the Hibiya Line.  The order is for a total of 294 cars, to be arranged in 42 trainsets.  They will be delivered over a period of three years, from FY2016 to FY2019.  Current Hibiya Line rolling stock is operated in 8 car consists, each car being 18m long with either three or five doors per side.  The new rolling stock will be 20m long, have 4 doors/side, and operate in 7 car consists. 

http://response.jp/article/2014/11/07/236805.html

*I'm glad Kinki Sharyo got the order, I like many of their designs, which will give (hopefully) a more Kansai aesthetic to Tokyo area rolling stock, which tends to be dominated by slightly cheapy feeling Tokyu Sharyo/J-Trec or Hitachi.

• Like 2

Yeah, hopefully it won't be the E23x style which is becoming so dominant. I wonder if Tobu will be upgrading their vehicles at any point.

Assuming Tobu will also be making announcement for new rolling stock for it.  Tokyo metro placed order means both Metro and Tobu had agreed with the specification/requirement for the new rolling stock.

Too early to wonder but just curious where Tobu is going to dump those current 20000/20050...