Don't try looking this one up...

Nick_Burman

...on the Tomytec catalog, as it doesn't exist. This one started as an Ichibata Dentetsu car which was painted into the freelance "Tomii Dentetsu" colours. Unfortunately the TM-04 chassis for it has been OOP for quite a while, so I turned to a TM-20 to fill in the gap...except that it left another gap to be filled, that between the sides of the chassis and the walls of the body - this I did with some styrene strip. The result is very pleasing, especially with those Brill 27E1 trucks...

Cheers NB

post-283-0-59255700-1415314197_thumb.jpg

You've got a nice one! Every Tomytec train collection series has a secret train. Many times it's a Tomii car. This is how i got a few nice brown pre WWII commuter cars. There are relacement motors for most older types in the new range, but it's hard to find the exactly matching one.

ps: One extra tip: i usually paint the metal weights black, so they are less visible from the outside.

You've got a nice one! Every Tomytec train collection series has a secret train. Many times it's a Tomii car. This is how i got a few nice brown pre WWII commuter cars. There are relacement motors for most older types in the new range, but it's hard to find the exactly matching one.

ps: One extra tip: i usually paint the metal weights black, so they are less visible from the outside.

kvp,

This one started as an Ichibata Dentetsu car which I turned over to a friend for repainting. This guy seems to have infinite powers of paint matching, as the shades employed turned to be identical to the ones on the Tomii cars!

One thing which floats on and off my mind is how to copy the logo on the Tomii cars and turn it into a decal. One technique would be photographing the logo with a very powerful camera, loading the image onto Photoshop, then drawing vector data out of it. Trouble is, I don't have such a camera...or rather, I do, but I don't have neither an appropriate lens nor tripod.

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into it ASAP.

Cheers NB

It's just an idea, but you can use a high resolution flatbed scanner to get good pictures. The problem is, that it can only be used on printings that are on a flat surface, like the side of a car.