Railsquid's misc useful stuff notes

railsquid

Just dumping some random ideas / notes here.

I picked up a small, nice-looking tin which used to hold tea Mrs. Railsquid had the recycling bin the other day, thinking it would be useful for... something. It turned out to make an excellent worktable top mini-trash can for dumping small offcuts etc. in, saving me from turning round and putting stuff in the floor waste basket. It's also easier to retrieve stuff from if you drop it in there accidentally.

Mudkip Orange

I found these tiny little plastic containers at a Japanese housewares store here in Houston. They are basically tupperware but smaller than the smallest tupperware.

These are ideal for storing the small parts you pick up putting together Tomytec - extra couplers, trucks, etc. I also have one reserved for "stuff that fell off my Tomytec buildings," so I can reglue then at a later time.

Those little plastic dishes with clear lids you get with takeaway (usually soy sauce with sushi) are great little parts bins as well and useful for mixing paints and other goopie things and you can just toss it afterwards.

Takeaway sushi trays also make great project trays to hold all the small bits complete with a clear lid to close it all up when not working on the project.

Those little cardboard boxes that come covering smaller bits in tomytec building kits are also handy as little part holders while sorting stuff.

And these are great tiny part holders as the bottom is round and easy to pull parts out with your finger tip.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dish-Case-Dual-Holes-Acrylic-Liquid-Gel-Powder-Double-Use-Nail-Art-Tips-DIY-Tool-/181419251838?pt=US_Nail_Care&hash=item2a3d6e187e

Nail stuff on ebay has the best cool other model train uses!

Jeff

• Like 1